The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Point of clarification here as it is important

Flynn has a date for Sentencing, not trial. He is a convicted felon for his role in the Russia Scandal, he pleaded guilty

but there is no scandal here, just the National Security adviser, one of Trump's "best people" going to a federal penitentiary
Appreciate the clarification. Still working on my first cup of coffee.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Flynn has a date for Sentencing, not trial. He is a convicted felon for his role in the Russia Scandal, he pleaded guilty

but there is no scandal here, just the National Security adviser, one of Trump's "best people" going to a federal penitentiary
he was just a coffee boy

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007

Actually, he plead guilty to lying to the FBI, not colluding with Russians. He may well have done that too but that is not what he is charged with.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Actually, he plead guilty to lying to the FBI, not colluding with Russians. He may well have done that too but that is not what he is charged with.
That was a tap on the wrist as a reward for his cooperation. I'm watching with fascination to see if Trump pardons him or if he, out of pique, because of said cooperation, he'll leave him twisting in the wind...

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
hey, opinions differ. but at least we are draining swamps that we didn't even realize existed.
If you didn't realize that Washington politics is a swamp I can't understand how. I mean there is not a single one up there that I would trust to hold my wallet while I jumped in a pool to save their kid.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If you didn't realize that Washington politics is a swamp I can't understand how. I mean there is not a single one up there that I would trust to hold my wallet while I jumped in a pool to save their kid.
"drain the swamp" is meaningless sloganeering meant to rouse the rabble. and it seems to be working.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
a confederacy of dunces

it's a good thing that so many capable folks are putting their hands on the hose to help drain the swamp

The congressional staffer who wrote the controversial memo for Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) was once benchslapped by a federal judge for “ineptitude.”

Kash Patel, a top Nunes staffer and senior counsel for the House Intelligence Committee, traveled to London last summer to question the former British spy who wrote the Trump-Russia dossier.

Patel and another Nunes staffer, Doug Presely, went on the research mission without notifying the U.S. embassy or British government.

They also failed to inform the committee’s ranking Democrat, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) or GOP Rep. Mike Conaway (R-TX), who took over the panel’s Russia probe after Nunes stepped aside over ethics concerns.
Patel was issued a rare “order of ineptitude” in 2016 by U.S. District Judge Lynn Hughes, who faulted the lawyer’s handling of the prosecution of Omar Faraj Saeed Al Hardan, who was accused of trying to support ISIS.

“If the pretentious lawyers from ‘main’ justice knew what they were doing — or had the humility to ask for help from the United States Attorney for the Southern District of Texas,” Hughes wrote, “it would not have taken three days, seven telephone calls, three voicemail messages and one snippy electronic message for them to indirectly ask the court for assistance in ordering a transcript.”

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
yup, my link is the justification for yours

the whole thing is a joke as is the party of Personal Responsibility and Law and Order happily cheering this crap on
I'm giving it a 70% chance he fires Rosenstein this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.