The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Agree. Snowball's chance in the Infernal Regions.
Gotta get 2/3 of both houses, and then 3/4 of the states. In other words, it's more likely that I will be elected Pope.
Amending is difficult.
That's why we now amend by just reinterpreting what the words mean.

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Agree. Snowball's chance in the Infernal Regions.
Gotta get 2/3 of both houses, and then 3/4 of the states. In other words, it's more likely that I will be elected Pope.
Amending is difficult.
That's why we now amend by just reinterpreting what the words mean.
It escapes me how judges can subscribe to the "living constitution" school of thought given that there is an amendment process included therein. What's the point of the amendment process if you can simply interpret the words as you wish?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I can't help but notice that you are not even attempting to argue that DeVos is qualified for the position.
She's as qualified as a civilian (never-been-in-the-military) secretary of defense. Sometimes changes for the good are best effected by someone outside the fraternity. Nevertheless, the Department of Education isn't rocket science.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Idk if I'm more happy that McConnell did this or mad. Because on one hand it's funny as all get out that he told warren her speaking priveledges are gone, but on the other hand the SJW and regressives were just getting quiet for bit and now they are going to be yappy again.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...on-senate-floor-for-rest-sessions-debate.html

But fwiw what's the point of bringing up crap on sessions when devos just passed. He is going through the confirmation with no problem if devos found a way

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Idk if I'm more happy that McConnell did this or mad. Because on one hand it's funny as all get out that he told warren her speaking priveledges are gone, but on the other hand the SJW and regressives were just getting quiet for bit and now they are going to be yappy again.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...on-senate-floor-for-rest-sessions-debate.html

But fwiw what's the point of bringing up crap on sessions when devos just passed. He is going through the confirmation with no problem if devos found a way
What she did was probably not a violation of the cited Senate rule. On the other hand, if the words of another are not true, then the Senator reading the words on the Senate floor has probably violated the rule. Anyway, it's all amusing. The Dems act outraged over the matter, but Warren was playing a political trick just like Mitch did in silencing her on the Senate floor.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Always look on the bright side. Maybe schools will get free use of Amway cleaning products and Blackwater will provide school security.:eek2:

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Trump once again makes the claim that the judicial branch stands in the way of our safety.

President Trump said:
If the U.S. does not win this case as it so obviously should, we can never have the security and safety to which we are entitled. Politics!
President Trump said:
Just cannot believe a judge would put our country in such peril. If something happens blame him and court system. People pouring in. Bad!

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
As far as Mrs. DeVos goes, most of her critics during the time in committee were displaying a fear of her being in favor of charter schools or private schools. All my children attended public schools and my wife taught in public schools for 32 years. But, being a fiscal conservative I have difficulty finding sound reasons that a person paying taxes that support schools should not be able to direct the per capita student allocation to the school that their children attend. Yes I know people will say that it will rob the public school of funding but it is my belief that through taxation we have been robbing those individuals that pay the tax and also have to pay the full cost of their child's education outside of the system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.