The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
The fact is that the people I know who were convinced he was the answer are still convinced. You'd think he'd screwed up enough but, once you've committed to someone that heavily, it's hard to turn loose. Also, a lot of his damage is not really evident to many who voted for him. It will take time for the effects to become self-evident...
One could no doubt write a book on the damage a despot wannabe can do to a country. Particularly one who is so lacking intellectually as this character is. Alas history is all to replete with such examples. It is a "pick your own" comparison(s) that can be drawn. Certainly he is the first and worst for the US.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
It's very political and aimed at those voters. The vast majority of American pork shipped to China is by Smithfield which is owned by - wait for it - China. I would assume that the government would make it up to the parent of Smithfield, so the burden will fall on pig farmers...
I read somewhere that most of the pigs raised by smithfield contain some chemical banned in China. Not sure those are for export. I could be mistaken though.

They also got bourbon (from McConnell home state). Although I've said I'm fine with shipping less bourbon to China. Added bonus if McConnell loses reelection.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I read somewhere that most of the pigs raised by smithfield contain some chemical banned in China. Not sure those are for export. I could be mistaken though.

They also got bourbon (from McConnell home state). Although I've said I'm fine with shipping less bourbon to China. Added bonus if McConnell loses reelection.
Now that China has broadened the goods its putting tariffs on, it looks like Trump has a trade war starting. He probably should have never started it the way he did but I doubt he is smart enough to pull this off.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Now that China has broadened the goods its putting tariffs on, it looks like Trump has a trade war starting. He probably should have never started it the way he did but I doubt he is smart enough to pull this off.
No doubt! As intertwined as China and the US have become it is the height of idiocy to approach the trade issues we have in the way Trump has. Many of us knew many months ago that he did not have a clue as to the complexity of trade with China.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

You're correct. It's ractopamine, banned in most countries in the world, except for US, Canada, Australia and a couple of others. They bought Smithfield to assure themselves of a source of pork free of it. The farms devoted to pork going to China don't use it. The Smithfield pork for sale here does. It's cheap, fed to pigs in the last month of their lives, frequently leaving them unable to walk to slaughter, but a lot more muscular. The feeding has to be done by guys in hazmat suits. It's a beta agonist like the albuterol taken by body builders...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
However, I am surprised that he's doing as well as averaging 41.8%...
I’m not. I have mentioned my buddy on Facebook that shares pro-Trump pages just about every day. I click on them for laughs but they have thousands of likes and shares. Many of them carry “Breaking News” that is debunked on Snopes or PoliFact.

But Snopes is owned by a libtard, so no point in telling them the truth. The scary part is the stories are so outrageous your BS meter goes off without even checking it out. But they fall for stuff you can prove false in a 30 second Google search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I’m not. I have mentioned my buddy on Facebook that shares pro-Trump pages just about every day. I click on them for laughs but they have thousands of likes and shares. Many of them carry “Breaking News” that is debunked on Snopes or PoliFact.

But Snopes is owned by a libtard, so no point in telling them the truth. The scary part is the stories are so outrageous your BS meter goes off without even checking it out. But they fall for stuff you can prove false in a 30 second Google search.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Here’s the funny part. Someone posted you can look up how Facebook rates your political views. So I checked and it called me “very conservative”. I guess that is from me clicking on all those sites. The only political pages I follow are two I liked that were for Doug Jones and the only political post I have ever made was one saying I was glad Jones won. I think I might have made one after Trump won saying I hope he does a good job, but that’s it.

Another note on my buddy’s sites. A couple of them are actually set up by people who make stuff up just to see how many people believe it and laugh at them. (They openly admit this on their page).

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
You're correct. It's ractopamine, banned in most countries in the world, except for US, Canada, Australia and a couple of others. They bought Smithfield to assure themselves of a source of pork free of it. The farms devoted to pork going to China don't use it. The Smithfield pork for sale here does. It's cheap, fed to pigs in the last month of their lives, frequently leaving them unable to walk to slaughter, but a lot more muscular. The feeding has to be done by guys in hazmat suits. It's a beta agonist like the albuterol taken by body builders...
suddenly I am happy that I eat very, very little pork

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I see today we're back to millions and millions of illegal voters and Mexican rapists. Not a word which comes out of that man's mouth means crap...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I see today we're back to millions and millions of illegal voters and Mexican rapists. Not a word which comes out of that man's mouth means crap...
He is trying to draw the headlights away from Mueller, Pruitt and likely something else we are as yet unaware. Predictable and stupid, the media will likely fall for it.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
and speaking of Pruitt. Will he survive the next week?

I'd say no based on this (warning, language there is an f bomb in the text)

Several new developments have made Pruitt look even shadier than he already appeared. The EPA’s ethics adviser, Kevin Minoli, had approved Pruitt’s unusual arrangement in which he rented a room from a lobbyist for $50 a night, and only had to pay for nights he stayed there. (Normal rentals don’t work that way; paying on a nightly basis is a hotel rate, and $50 is way below market price for a hotel room.) Minoli revealed that he was not given all the information about Pruitt’s arrangement. “Evaluating those questions would have required factual information that was not before us and the Review does not address those questions,” he wrote in a memo.

That’s daily revelation No. 1. Daily revelation No. 2 is that while Pruitt has claimed that the lobbyist who gave him his sweetheart rental deal, J. Steven Hart, “has no clients who have business before this agency,” it turns out that this is not true. The Daily Beast reports that Hart “was personally representing a natural gas company, an airline giant, and a major manufacturer that had business before the agency at the time.”

The third Pruitt ethics revelation of the day comes via CBS. Shortly after taking his job, Pruitt was stuck in traffic and asked the head of his security detail, Special Agent Eric Weese, to turn on his sirens to clear cars off the road. Weese, a 16-year veteran of the agency, told Pruitt that sirens were only used for emergencies. Pruitt fired him.
but then you see this and wonder if Trump loves him so much that he will squeak through somehow.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/05/politics/scott-pruitt-trump-jeff-sessions/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
And Trump wants Pruitt to replace Sessions as AG. What a dipstick.
With the news surfacing today Pruitt will be fortunate to stay outside of a jail cell. Getting fired before he faces serious legal issues would be doing him a big favor.

I also see tonight that Mueller is bringing his best fastball to the game. He has put seven search warrants on Manafort and searching electronics of Russian oligarchs as they enter the country. There have to be many very concerned people in Trump's circle in terms of the possibility of them seeing an arrest warrant in their near future.

The question is... Does the orange one believe he will be given a free pass on this?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
With the news surfacing today Pruitt will be fortunate to stay outside of a jail cell. Getting fired before he faces serious legal issues would be doing him a big favor.

I also see tonight that Mueller is bringing his best fastball to the game. He has put seven search warrants on Manafort and searching electronics of Russian oligarchs as they enter the country. There have to be many very concerned people in Trump's circle in terms of the possibility of them seeing an arrest warrant in their near future.

The question is... Does the orange one believe he will be given a free pass on this?
he believes whatever he needs to believe to make himself awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.