The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I'm stealing this from Reddit since it made me LOL at the inappropriateness of this crap show.

My Grandpa used to tell me a story of his landing at Normandy. Before they landed on the beach, the Sargent stood up and said, "Remember boys we're doing this to get black and Hispanic unemployment down to the lowest levels in history and in 74 years they'll remember us for helping to get female unemployment to the lowest level in 18 years." The men, rallied and ready to die for their country all replied in unison: "Nice!"

Last edited:

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I am not sure that it would also be true to say that "he becomes bolder each day" I am also not sure that the polls we are seeing are not being "influenced". It is difficult to believe that nearly half of voters approve of the job that he is doing. It doesn't make sense to me from an intuitive level. We will begin to see where women and more educated voters stand on this very soon.

That is not to say that I believe that this country can ever recover from the sacking that is taking place during his administration.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
One of the more practical problems this administration has caused me is that I'm having trouble dealing with people I know personally who support Trump. People I've known and been friends with for years. I don't want to burn bridges but it is getting damn near impossible as the pile of crap gets to be bigger and bigger.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
One of the more practical problems this administration has caused me is that I'm having trouble dealing with people I know personally who support Trump. People I've known and been friends with for years. I don't want to burn bridges but it is getting damn near impossible as the pile of crap gets to be bigger and bigger.
Same here. I've had a hard time talking even with best friends that I've known since high school since before the election. It has only gotten worse. Even with people I don't talk politics with much I'm afraid to bring it up because I don't want to find out they're complete morons. Although with some of them that only get their news from Fox News it is amazing what they don't know. Just a couple of weeks ago I had a friend tell me he had never even heard of Cambridge Analytica and the Facebook stuff. Just one small example but it's crazy how much info they don't even see.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I have had to beg off visits to friends and family to avoid any risk of confrontation over what Trump is doing to America. For the most part, these are educated, hard working people who forever reason have fallen for this tyrant's BS. IMO, Trump makes Nixon look, almost like a choir boy.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I have had to beg off visits to friends and family to avoid any risk of confrontation over what Trump is doing to America. For the most part, these are educated, hard working people who forever reason have fallen for this tyrant's BS. IMO, Trump makes Nixon look, almost like a choir boy.
Fortunately, I learned not to discuss politics with my wife's family before Trump was elected; we just talk about something else. Though it was a close call when a nephew showed up at Thanksgiving wearing a Make America Great Again cap.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I try to do the same thing, although sometimes when I'm doing it, I kinda identify with Mrs. Lincoln being asked...""Other than that, how was the play?"

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I don't have many Trump supporters in my life. Most of the ones I know aren't people I have to deal with very often. I am a little worried about our wedding later this year because there will be quite a few Trump supporters mixed in with a mostly liberal group.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I have never heard any claim that Nixon was in government for his or his associates self enrichment the way Trump and his immediate associates are. It could be said that President Cheney started this trend.

I could have never imagined that a President would be willing to turn back all of the achievements of this country over the past 300 years in the interest of pure greed. Then to see the people who will be most negatively affected by the disaster befalling the country be his principal constituency is amazing to behold.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I have never heard any claim that Nixon was in government for his or his associates self enrichment the way Trump and his immediate associates are. It could be said that President Cheney started this trend.

I could have never imagined that a President would be willing to turn back all of the achievements of this country over the past 300 years in the interest of pure greed. Then to see the people who will be most negatively affected by the disaster befalling the country be his principal constituency is amazing to behold.
Absolutely. I had that thought, about Trump making money on the back's of American taxpayers, and being a crook. I agree I never recall Nixon enriching himself and his daughters unlike Trump.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I saw what you did there... :D

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don’t deal with many Trump supporters on a regular basis. We don’t discuss politics at work very much.

Mostly I encounter them on Facebook. Mostly people I haven’t seen in years. They share a lot of pro-Trump pages. I like to follow the links just to read the comments.

Those range from the funny (those who just have their head up Trump’s butt) to the very disturbing individuals. By those I mean people who make extremely racist comments about the Obamas and Muslims. If I were more techno-savvy, I’d find a way to send a shot of their comments to their employers. I have reported a few comments to Facebook that were especially disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don’t deal with many Trump supporters on a regular basis. We don’t discuss politics at work very much.

Mostly I encounter them on Facebook. Mostly people I haven’t seen in years. They share a lot of pro-Trump pages. I like to follow the links just to read the comments.

Those range from the funny (those who just have their head up Trump’s butt) to the very disturbing individuals. By those I mean people who make extremely racist comments about the Obamas and Muslims. If I were more techno-savvy, I’d find a way to send a shot of their comments to their employers. I have reported a few comments to Facebook that were especially disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
but those comments totally aren't racist and in fact you're being a racist for saying so.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I made the mistake of joining Facebook after I retired. I never post, but lurk. I am now up to 21 friends which is about 15 more than I want. As people sent me friend requests, I accepted not knowing what I was getting into. I probably spent two days blocking conservative Facebook sites. Were it not for "really old friends" I would cancel my account. It is hard to image that Twitter is worse than Facebook.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I made the mistake of joining Facebook after I retired. I never post, but lurk. I am now up to 21 friends which is about 15 more than I want. As people sent me friend requests, I accepted not knowing what I was getting into. I probably spent two days blocking conservative Facebook sites. Were it not for "really old friends" I would cancel my account. It is hard to image that Twitter is worse than Facebook.
Twitter is mostly strangers or celebrities being awful people whereas Facebook is people you know being awful people.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Trump Asked Sessions to Retain Control of Russia Inquiry After His Recusal

The president objected to [Mr. Sessions'] decision to recuse himself from the Russia investigation. Mr. Trump, who had told aides that he needed a loyalist overseeing the inquiry, berated Mr. Sessions and told him he should reverse his decision, an unusual and potentially inappropriate request.

Mr. Sessions refused.

The confrontation, which has not been previously reported, is being investigated by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, as are the president’s public and private attacks on Mr. Sessions and efforts to get him to resign. Mr. Trump dwelled on the recusal for months, according to confidants and current and former administration officials who described his behavior toward the attorney general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.