The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Wow at the pix coming out of Merkel leaning over the table over a seated Trump, sitting there with his arms crossed like a petulant child. Then, at his presser following, he insists that his relationship with the allies is a "10." The pitiful - and dangerous - thing about it is he believes it...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

The German leader looks ready to slap him. The Canadian leader presents him with a photo of his grandfather's whorehouse. The French leader winks at the audience as he shakes his hand.

May he remain a clown, and stay an object of international ridicule. It wouldn't take much to push us over the fence into an international calamity, or war, with no allies.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

The German leader looks ready to slap him. The Canadian leader presents him with a photo of his grandfather's whorehouse. The French leader winks at the audience as he shakes his hand.

May he remain a clown, and stay an object of international ridicule. It wouldn't take much to push us over the fence into an international calamity, or war, with no allies.
I know its not but that actually looks like a photoshop. What a fool.:eek:

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
So I take it most in this thread aren't voting Trump in two years (if he runs/is able to run for reelection)?

Lot of rage

bobstod

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Magnolia Springs, AL. USA
So I take it most in this thread aren't voting Trump in two years (if he runs/is able to run for reelection)?

Lot of rage
What a mistake it is for you and others to characterize my opposition to this disaster of a man as rage. This is the 'leader' of my country, a man who believes that the essential factor that determines how we conduct diplomacy with our allies or our enemies is whether we 'like' them. He believes that because the other members of the G-7 flatter him and smile and have pictures made with him that everything is a at maximum positivity. He thinks that policy-making is a one-man show that occurs on social media. His constant espousal of demonstrably false premises (lying, for short) has our allies making plans for how to get along in the world without the USA. Russia is waiting to inject itself into the resultant vacuum.

Rage is unreasoning anger. What I feel is alarm; and as mentioned above: disgust.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I was blown away at Trump's audacity at the G7 meetings. With everything swirling around about it back in the US - Russia this and Russia that.

It was surreal. It makes no sense in the normal world.

I'm all for shaking things up when they need to be shaken. Trump seems to be more about disrupting than shaking things up, though. He seems more interested in destroying than building.

He is the epitome of American arrogance. Everything is about him.

He is like the teenage drama queen that stirs the pot simply to get attention and sees the whole thing as a game to be played.

Sooner or later most people will see through it and just leave her to her own devices, though a few true believers will cling on not realizing they will eventually be on her list of enemies as she needs the drama more than she needs them.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I was blown away at Trump's audacity at the G7 meetings. With everything swirling around about it back in the US - Russia this and Russia that.

It was surreal. It makes no sense in the normal world.

I'm all for shaking things up when they need to be shaken. Trump seems to be more about disrupting than shaking things up, though. He seems more interested in destroying than building.

He is the epitome of American arrogance. Everything is about him.

He is like the teenage drama queen that stirs the pot simply to get attention and sees the whole thing as a game to be played.

Sooner or later most people will see through it and just leave her to her own devices, though a few true believers will cling on not realizing they will eventually be on her list of enemies as she needs the drama more than she needs them.
he is as arrogant as he is owned, it all makes sense. Sadly

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
At least on my part, it's not rage. It's mostly just total disgust...

What a mistake it is for you and others to characterize my opposition to this disaster of a man as rage.

Rage is unreasoning anger. What I feel is alarm; and as mentioned above: disgust.
Different strokes I guess. I read through many a post and if I disapproved of or held such strong feelings of disgust, etc, it would for me anyways, lead to a feeling of rage towards an individual or situation. Not unrefined or unreasonable at all.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Different strokes I guess. I read through many a post and if I disapproved of our held suck setting feelings of disgust, etc, it would for me anyways, lead to a feeling of rage towards and individual or situation. Not unrefined or unreasonable at all.
I just can't reach "rage." As I've said above, I'd generally felt sorry for him, still do, sometimes. He's basically an insecure schoolboy (he's said himself that he's exactly the same person as he was in the first grade) trying to stay the center of attention. However, the disgust comes in when I realize that a minority-plurality of American citizens placed in office an individual so patently unfit - morally, emotionally, mentally - to be the most powerful man on earth. I still don't know what disaster may befall us, if Congress doesn't grow some balls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.