The policy and politics of Trumpism - Page 517
Page 517 of 517 FirstFirst ... 17417467507510511512513514515516517
Results 6,709 to 6,721 of 6721
    BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Re: The policy and politics of Trumpism

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    LOL! Well, if it's not ambiguous, I want my Abrams right now...
    I could go for a Bradley out back.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    I could go for a Bradley out back.
    Since watching Rat Patrol as a kid, I've coveted a half-track myself.
    The Concord Blue Devils, 18-Time World Champions: 2017, 2015, 2014 (99.65), 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, & 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

LOL! Well, if it's not ambiguous, I want my Abrams right now...
    I actually have a strict constitutionalist friend that thinks if you can afford an apache you should not be prevented from buying it if you want to.

Football, Basketball Moderator NationalTitles16's Avatar

This is a lot more significant than it seems at first blush...
    Well, it seems pretty significant at first blush to me, so...
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles16 View Post
    Sanctuary cities beware...
    The Concord Blue Devils, 18-Time World Champions: 2017, 2015, 2014 (99.65), 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, & 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Football, Basketball Moderator NationalTitles16's Avatar

This is a lot more significant than it seems at first blush...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    Sanctuary cities beware...
    I assume you mean for those harboring terrorists.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

I assume you mean for those harboring terrorists.
    Freudian...

I don't think there are that many in the IRR...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

I don't think there are that many in the IRR...
    Every soldier, whether they sign a 3 year or 6 year contract has actually signed an 8 year contract and whatever is left after their active contract is irr. People in the National Guard fear being activated like this and thrown into a unit they do not know and deploying with them. Therefore, alot of them extend their active time to cover irr to avoid that.

I think Trump meant well in his phone call. The problem was he lacks the social skills and empathy needed to have such a conversation.

Frankly, I would advise a president to not make these calls at all. In the era of cell phones, people will often be somewhere they can’t take a call, especially one of this nature. Then there is the political issue. A person might have no desire to talk to a president of the other party.

With recent presidents having no real military experience, they likely have no idea what service is like or why somebody would join the military.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    Every soldier, whether they sign a 3 year or 6 year contract has actually signed an 8 year contract and whatever is left after their active contract is irr. People in the National Guard fear being activated like this and thrown into a unit they do not know and deploying with them. Therefore, alot of them extend their active time to cover irr to avoid that.
    I realize that. That's what I was saying - I don't think there are 1,000 pilots in the IRR. I think the active reserve is also short about 300. The Air Force is actively recruiting pilots with incentives, if there's anyone out there 28 years old or younger, 5'5" and meets the other criteria...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by uafanataum View Post
    Just talked with a friend, retired AF pilot. He says no way on earth there are 1,000 in the IRR. In fact, the active reserve is 300 short...