The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
What a mistake it is for you and others to characterize my opposition to this disaster of a man as rage. This is the 'leader' of my country, a man who believes that the essential factor that determines how we conduct diplomacy with our allies or our enemies is whether we 'like' them. He believes that because the other members of the G-7 flatter him and smile and have pictures made with him that everything is a at maximum positivity. He thinks that policy-making is a one-man show that occurs on social media. His constant espousal of demonstrably false premises (lying, for short) has our allies making plans for how to get along in the world without the USA. Russia is waiting to inject itself into the resultant vacuum.

Rage is unreasoning anger. What I feel is alarm; and as mentioned above: disgust.
Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
You're assuming things don't get worse. I lived through the Nixon era and watched things build. Things will get worse with Trump. He'll see to that...
Yes they will. Looking back, while Nixon was a devious, self absorbed SOB, he is not in Trump's league. Unfortunately, this is not going to end well for the American people.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Yes they will. Looking back, while Nixon was a devious, self absorbed SOB, he is not in Trump's league. Unfortunately, this is not going to end well for the American people.
This morning I heard Trudeau's remarks following the G7 and Larry Kudlow essentially trashing Trudeau on the Sunday morning talk shows.

It is incredible that there are characters like Kudlow and Guliani who are willing to destroy any legacy they may have built by participating in this charade.

Obviously it is a one sided controversy created purely for the political base in the US while ignoring any of the long term interest of the US.

There is indeed no way this can end well for the US and the world order!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
there seems to be a lot of connections to the corruption and graft from nixon, through reagan, w and now trump. trump has just removed any pretense of cooth.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
there seems to be a lot of connections to the corruption and graft from nixon, through reagan, w and now trump. trump has just removed any pretense of cooth.
For all the faults of Reagan, the Bushes, Clinton, and Obama, they were at heart patriots--they tried to do what they thought was best for the country.

Trump, IMO, is much more concerned with his own benefit than the country's.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
For all the faults of Reagan, the Bushes, Clinton, and Obama, they were at heart patriots--they tried to do what they thought was best for the country.

Trump, IMO, is much more concerned with his own benefit than the country's.
He really can't tell the difference. He is a total narcissist...

bobstod

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Magnolia Springs, AL. USA
Bazza, you ask what would we have Republicans in congress do about the bizarre things that Trump does nearly every day. Well for a starter they could simply call attention to it when he lies. They could say publicly that his tweets are inappropriate (or false). They could mention in an interview that freedom of the press is essential to an informed citizenry, and an informed citizenry is essential to democracy. They could speak out in support of the institutions upon which we all depend for the strength of our nation, institutions Trump has trashed repeatedly: the FBI, the DOJ, the seventeen intelligence agencies that most presidents and congresses depend on for reliable information about our international foes. The could bring legislation to the floor after sufficient bipartisan consideration and in enough time for a healthy debate on the floor. Those are a few of the things they could do instead of their cowardly silence, and devotion to their highly rewarded careers. In the present situation, with this fifth grade schoolyard bully in the oval office, these things would require a set of balls. They would require an attitude of 'what is right for the American people' instead of 'what is good for me". It seems pretty simple to me.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
yes he is, but the gop/conservatives are all in and have shown no signs of breaking from supporting him and whatever he does
It seemed exactly the same with Nixon and he was elected under a cloud. On a lighter note, Borowitz was hilarious this morning. His breaking news was that Kim Jong Un had offered to host a peace conference between the US and Canada... :D

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
thanks for the perspective. i was 4 going on 5 when nixon resigned. i was excited when ford was president because we had the same birthday, bastille day.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I have a feeling that Trump is going into this meeting vastly underestimating Kim Jong Un, and we all know what can happen when you underestimate your opponent.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Bazza, you ask what would we have Republicans in congress do about the bizarre things that Trump does nearly every day. Well for a starter they could simply call attention to it when he lies. They could say publicly that his tweets are inappropriate (or false). They could mention in an interview that freedom of the press is essential to an informed citizenry, and an informed citizenry is essential to democracy. They could speak out in support of the institutions upon which we all depend for the strength of our nation, institutions Trump has trashed repeatedly: the FBI, the DOJ, the seventeen intelligence agencies that most presidents and congresses depend on for reliable information about our international foes. The could bring legislation to the floor after sufficient bipartisan consideration and in enough time for a healthy debate on the floor. Those are a few of the things they could do instead of their cowardly silence, and devotion to their highly rewarded careers. In the present situation, with this fifth grade schoolyard bully in the oval office, these things would require a set of balls. They would require an attitude of 'what is right for the American people' instead of 'what is good for me". It seems pretty simple to me.
Thanks, Bob.......appreciate the info!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

President Trump says he'd likely support bill to end federal pot ban

President Trump said Friday he'd likely support a bipartisan bill that would end the federal ban on pot and defer to states' laws on marijuana legalization — a break from Attorney General Jeff Sessions stance on cannabis enforcement.

Before leaving the White House for the G-7 Summit, Trump told reporters he "probably will end up supporting" the bill, which Sens. Cory Gardner, R-Colo., and Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., unveiled Thursday.
"I support Senator Gardner. I know exactly what he's doing," Trump said. "We're looking at it. But I probably will end up supporting that."
Trump's backing would signal a turn from his Justice Department's stance on marijuana legalization.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I have a feeling that Trump is going into this meeting vastly underestimating Kim Jong Un, and we all know what can happen when you underestimate your opponent.
I have a feeling you’re wrong...Kim Jong Un realizes this is not a weak leader like Obama or Clinton. America will come out on top.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I have a feeling you’re wrong...Kim Jong Un realizes this is not a weak leader like Obama or Clinton. America will come out on top.
If Russia decides we should perhaps. Also Trump is not strong. Trump is what someone who isn't strong thinks strong people are like. He's a crybaby and he whines non-stop. Not sure where you folks keep thinking he has some kind of machismo going because it's very obvious that he's an insecure little toddler who can never live up to the fact that his daddy didn't love him enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.