The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
link to observer opinion piece

Now those concerns are causing problems much closer to home—in fact, inside the Beltway itself. Our Intelligence Community is so worried by the unprecedented problems of the Trump administration—not only do senior officials possess troubling ties to the Kremlin, there are nagging questions about basic competence regarding Team Trump—that it is beginning to withhold intelligence from a White House which our spies do not trust.

That the IC has ample grounds for concern is demonstrated by almost daily revelations of major problems inside the White House, a mere three weeks after the inauguration. The president has repeatedly gone out of his way to antagonize our spies, mocking them and demeaning their work, and Trump’s personal national security guru can’t seem to keep his story straight on vital issues.

Last edited:

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
This is in no way OK, for any administration to do to anyone. If you care for freedom at all, this should make your blood boil regardless of your political affiliation

http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/12/1...ar-detained-cbp-phone-search-trump-travel-ban
Don't know why this happened nor the full story. On the surface it looks pretty crappy.

I've been detained 3 different times when entering the US. I was never asked to provide information off of my phone or computer. I got a little bit of an explanation only once, "Someone with the same name as mine did something bad in Canada"; this was when I was returning from Canada. My name is a pretty common WASP name.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
My heart isn't bleeding if he presented a non-US passport.
Seemingly, Bikkannavar’s reentry into the country should not have raised any flags. Not only is he a natural-born US citizen, but he’s also enrolled in Global Entry — a program through CBP that allows individuals who have undergone background checks to have expedited entry into the country. He hasn’t visited the countries listed in the immigration ban and he has worked at JPL — a major center at a US federal agency — for 10 years
US Born = US Passport

now are you upset?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Woman Arrested for Shoving Used Sanitary Napkin in Anti-Planned Parenthood Protester’s Mouth

February 10, 2017 11:47 am A woman identified as 21-year-old Valerie Starushok assaulted an anti-Planned Parenthood protester by shoving a wet maxi-pad into the protester's mouth.
The incident occurred outside of an Ashland, Ore. Planned Parenthood on Jan. 27. Starushok approached the protester, who was recording the entire incident, and "struck him in the face with a wet sanitary napkin," according to the Ashland Police Department. Starushok screamed profanities to the unidentified protester.

:rolleyes:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Being a member of Global Entry doesn't mean one will not be subjected to additional vetting upon entry. I assume you knew that.
The point is that is is a US citizen, a government employee, a Global Entry qualifier and 99% probability traveling with a US passport - and he was detained, his government-issued secured cell phone searched by low-level wannabe cops. I know you like to argue, but to maintain that's just dandy is stupid. I hate to think what you would tolerate in the way of government intrusion into private life. Of course, it wasn't you. You're probably light-skinned and have a nice, bland WASP name. This keeps up and they'll come for you too. I'm done on this one...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Yawn...strange that people are now outraged by border security (since January 20 that is).
It's might help if it stood a snowball's chance of being productive in offering protection. It doesn't. It's simply intrusion on a US citizen for the sake of intrusion and likely ethnically based to boot. I'd rather they look where trouble is likely to be instead of behaving like the morons they are.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's might help if it stood a snowball's chance of being productive in offering protection. It doesn't. It's simply intrusion on a US citizen for the sake of intrusion and likely ethnically based to boot. I'd rather they look where trouble is likely to be instead of behaving like the morons they are.
Some people have morphed into Trump sheep. They'll get what they deserve. Problem is, the rest of us'll get it as well...

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Yeah, stricter border security measures have existed for years. Only now are people referred to as sheep.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Yeah, stricter border security measures have existed for years. Only now are people referred to as sheep.
Strictly speaking, you are correct that Obama (and perhaps Bush?) were pushing for more intrusive measures like demanding access to digital devices and even your facebook and other social media accounts. And not it's being implemented. If it happened before it wasn't reported and if it had been I'd still be against it in instances like this. Has nothing to do with my personal feelings on the idiot that is Trump. Would have been against it with Obama as well. If you have a memory 1/100th of Bill's you know that. So stop acting like it's purely for political reasons. Here's hoping you get your government colonoscopy before me and raise enough of a stink to stop it.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Some on here remind me of the Contrary Indian in the movie Little Big Man. He did the opposite of the rest of the tribe. He rode his horse backwards, he washed himself with mud, when asked to come forward he stepped back.

[FONT=&quot]A [/FONT]Contrary[FONT=&quot] was a member of a Native North American tribal group who adopted behavior that was deliberately the opposite of other tribal members. The Contraries were found among the historical Amerindian tribes of the Great Plains.

He later became the henpecked husband of the blond corpulent captive Olga.[/FONT]

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
The point is that is is a US citizen, a government employee, a Global Entry qualifier and 99% probability traveling with a US passport - and he was detained, his government-issued secured cell phone searched by low-level wannabe cops. I know you like to argue, but to maintain that's just dandy is stupid. I hate to think what you would tolerate in the way of government intrusion into private life. Of course, it wasn't you. You're probably light-skinned and have a nice, bland WASP name. This keeps up and they'll come for you too. I'm done on this one...
His act does get tiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.