The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
What an absolute disaster this speech was. Sheesh.

ETA: I guess I should explain why I feel that way-
1) Don't remind me of the "mess" you inherited. The past administration did this along with congressional democrats. Hated it then and hate it now. Suck it up and do your job.
2) No need to go after the media. Yes, they have bias but guess what? It's been this way for a long time. Get over it.
3) Don't try to tell me your administration is running like a fine-tuned machine when you've had two resignations in your cabinet the first month.
4) I thought this press conference was to inform America of your appointment secretary of labor not a tirade against those who are "attacking" you and you declaring what is or is not fake news.
5) The election is over. I don't care how many electoral votes you received. Now you're the president. Lead our country.

I'm sure there are some who feel otherwise. We will have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Funny? ok...

Wasn't really referring to preppers/prepping as much as say just the knowledge to be able to plant and grow a garden for example.

My bad for the derailment.
Up until about 2010 I thought the entire prepping concept was a joke. As the years progressed though I recognized the need in being prepared for what could quickly become a reality. I have now taken steps in two directions to insure the safety of myself and my family. Though the administration has changed, I have not. There's no harm in being prepared.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I'm about ready to say that anyone that can still support this needs to be put in the looney bin with this freak. That would help Make America Great Again.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Totally serious argument that my husky would make a better POTUS than Trump:

- Would be playful with our allies and tough on our enemies.
- He is physically unable to speak or collude with Russia.
- When asked tough questions, the worst that could happen is he may tilt his head slightly and then lick you.
- Under no circumstances does he get tired at 5PM.
- His paws are normal-sized.
- He understands that fences are silly deterrents than can be climbed over or (more likely, in his opinion) burrowed beneath.
- He would definitely have higher approval numbers.
- The presidential photo ops with Trudeau would be, in a word, magical.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Trump News Conference.

I turn on the TV, open the newspapers and I see stories of chaos — chaos,” he said. “Yet it is the exact opposite. This administration is running like a fine-tuned machine, despite the fact that I can't get my Cabinet approved.”

Video included.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/02/16/trump-says-he-inherited-a-mess-blasts-media-and-detractors-for-treatment-of-his-administration/?utm_term=.4947ac7943dd&wpisrc=al_alert-COMBO-politics%252Bnation

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Four years of refighting the campaign and soothing his hurt feelings?
You're assuming he makes it 4 years. I can see him having an aneurism or quitting after fighting Congress and the Courts for a few years. This is exactly what happens when someone has never been told no and always gets their way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.