The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
And we're back to "the media is the true enemy of the people," mere days after this same rhetoric moved one of his followers to attack media outlets with explosives. He and those who support him are truly vile.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/[COLOR=#14171A][FONT="]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1056879122348195841[/FONT][/COLOR]

hey now, they reject all of his bad qualities. they just support him so he will make america great again. libtards are just whining because it hurts when you rip the band-aid off

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
hey now, they reject all of his bad qualities. they just support him so he will make america great again. libtards are just whining because it hurts when you rip the band-aid off
And Obama was inciting violence against police by suggesting that some officers need better training, but Trump is not inciting violence against the media by calling them the enemy of the American people? I'm trying to keep up, but it's sometimes hard to follow idiot logic.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
And Obama was inciting violence against police by suggesting that some officers need better training, but Trump is not inciting violence against the media by calling them the enemy of the American people? I'm trying to keep up, but it's sometimes hard to follow idiot logic.
obama incited violence by not knowing his place

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
And we're back to "the media is the true enemy of the people," mere days after this same rhetoric moved one of his followers to attack media outlets with explosives. He and those who support him are truly vile.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/[COLOR=#14171A][FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1056879122348195841[/FONT][/COLOR]

This holds some truth for me still.

If I have to hear about 30 more seconds of Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson echoing from my house's living room consisting of them yelling over people trying to give answers to questions they just asked them ....

I'm going to be incited to violence.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Idiot logic is simple - it’s whatever the Commander in chief of idiots says it is.
Surprised you haven’t picked up on that by now. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Jeff doesn’t have the cojones to debate his decisions with legitimate Christians; he only likes Trump Christians (or Trumpians, if you will).
He is and always has been a little weenie.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
If he had just said it opened back up the next day, I would let it go. But he goes into a whole bit about his buddy moving heaven and earth to get it open on 9/12.

He even had the wrong last name for his “buddy.” Dude is a pathological liar.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
The problem I've seen in 2 articles on this topic this morning, they all just say "the constitution".
Specifically the 14th ammendment. Section 1. 1868
Written so as to include children of former slaves as citizens. Highly controversial at the time (as now) because some didn't want to include children of former slaves as citizens.

The problem now, someone is advising Trump that he can circumvent the constitution. Go team... /s
IF he can trash parts of the constitution by executive order (he can't), then next president comes along, and signs an executive order banning guns....
So in effect we would have two widely opposite pendulum swings, and each takes us further from an actual constitutional republic into totalitarianism.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/30/politics/donald-trump-ending-birthright-citizenship/index.html

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/30/poli...wart-president-trump-russia-racist/index.html

Completely agree with Stewart here:

Stewart did not reserve his criticism solely for the President. Pointing fingers at the press, the former "Daily Show" host lamented the ongoing clashes between the White House and the media, arguing that reporting on their own war of words with the White House distracts Americans from the damaging consequences of his policies.
"I'm less interested in his insults and more interested in his injuries -- in the people that are being hurt, not the people that are being insulted," Stewart said.
"They are personally offended and wounded by this man. He baits them and they dive in."
And with Chappelle here:

"Even when they say that Russia influenced the election," Chappelle said, "it's kind of like, is Russia making us racist? Is that who's doing it? Oh OK, oh my God, thank goodness -- I thought it was us."
"If they killed the country that way then we're the murder weapon," he joked.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
True, but it seems to embolden people. I know a few who have gone full on angry and racist, but still watch it all. And with every newscast, get worse. They seemed just normal conservative before. Now rabid. So no, they didnt make people this way, but it brought out the worse in many.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If it's a test, it should be a breeze. This one doesn't stand a chance of passing constitutional muster.
I would love to see the reaction when he loses 9-0. If Roberts has a sense of humor, he’ll let Kavanaugh write the opinion.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Also, I think his EO is really just a test of the new SCOTUS.
It's not a test. It's a way to get the media talking about immigration and scary asylum seeking caravans, and to stop reporting on right wingers mailing bombs and shooting blacks and mass murdering Jews. The press needs to dismiss this as absurdity and report on things that matter. Stop letting Trump dictate the narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.