The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
This is just plain crazy. The dollar itself was under threat and a worldwide 30s depression was imminent. You have fallen into the trap of being cornered and having to become radical past the point of ration in your answers. The banks work. For a while there in 2008, they didn't work. I have banker friends. You have no idea of the state of fear they were in...
I agree with you; it was really hairy there for a moment. I still believe a lot of Obama's move during that time were automatics, because we were out of options.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!
Is it legal for a sitting President to be "wire tapping" a race for president prior to an election? Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW!
How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!
These tweets by Trump would have been bad enough if just from some second rate narcissistic reality TV star (re: the birther bull). To come from the sitting POTUS, without any proof whatsoever, is outrageous. And his surrogates are still defending him and nobody connected to him has the balls to repudiate it.:eek:

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
Now the Cheeto head is claiming BO wiretapped someone in Trump tower. IF that is true, it is really saying that that person may have been up to no or else no judge would have authorized it. :conf2:
An absolute brilliant move by Trump. If the MSM can publish reports negative to Trump without hard evidence then Trump can say things negative to the previous administration also. Investigate both and lets see who holds the trump card. Think Obama's DeepStateGate may have backfired on him.:)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
An absolute brilliant move by Trump. If the MSM can publish reports negative to Trump without hard evidence then Trump can say things negative to the previous administration also. Investigate both and lets see who holds the trump card. Think Obama's DeepStateGate may have backfired on him.:)

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm presuming you must not be an investor at all. Our financial institutions and the world's were on the verge of collapse. I turned down a variable annuity backed by one of the largest insurance companies in the world in 2008, because I wasn't sure of how sound they were. We were indeed on the thin edge of collapse. As a fiscal conservative (thusly not a Wall Street fan or some of the "relaxations" I hear suggested now), I was acutely aware of our precarious situation. Judging from your username, you were just starting out in '08. I was in my twilight years, worrying about preserving my nest egg, which I watched shrink to a tiny fraction of itself, before it came back. I would respectfully suggest that you are not fully aware of where our financial system was in 2008...
I am employed in the financial sector, and have been since 2001 (the operations side, now IT). I was acutely aware of what was going on. I sat in committee meetings and board meetings and I know how our institution was impacted. No, we aren't Wells Fargo by any stretch of the imagination, but it impacted us severely. I watched my ESOP crater.

I know the financial calamity this country was in during that time. But I wasn't really referring to financials when I made my statement. I still feel we are in far worse shape as a country, and closer to falling apart today than we were in 2008. Even if we are in a better place financially.

Edited to add: I went back and looked, and maybe 92tide was referring to the economic collapse. And I really don't argue that point.

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I've got to say I'm loving all of this "deepstate" Obama conspiracy stuff, it is freaking hysterical.

How anyone could be shocked by the leaks coming out of DC against this lunatic and his pals is beyond my comprehension. And now its some Obama lead conspiracy?

You come into office, declare war on the media and then ..... about the media "turning against" you?

you declare war on the Intelligence community, compare them to Nazi Germany and then give a self aggrandizing speech in front of their wall of hero's and you wonder why they show you no respect? And wonder why they leak?

And you put people in charge of agencies that have openly advocated their destruction (or even have active lawsuits against them) refuse to allow new hires, refuse to fill open nominations and then have your chief guy Bannon come out at CPAC to discuss tearing all of their agencies down and again wonder why they are hostile to you and leaking?

Then you get caught in multiple lies around the Russians, feeding bleeding chunks of raw meat to all of the above and wonder why it gets to the media?

None of this requires a conspiracy

these are the direct results of his actions

he has backed all these people into a corner and practically laid the ammo at their feet to fire back and y'all think it's a conspiracy against him?

LOL

Last edited:

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
None of this requires a conspiracy

these are the direct results of his actions

he has backed all these people into a corner and practically laid the ammo at their feet to fire back and y'all think it's a conspiracy against him?
I think most people are mad because he is the commander in chief. As such, I believe that it is their (the deep state conspiracy theorists) belief that everyone in the federal government should get in lockstep with what the people of the country decided should be the direction or they should get a new job if they don't feel they can do it. In essence, "Sit down, shut up, and do what Trump tells you to do because the election is over. The bosses of this country have picked the new President, and it's time to get to work."

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
More commentary from National Review:

http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...-hacking-fbi-not-investigating-trump-campaign

It is certainly possible that the president was angry and the tweets result from a fit of pique. On the other hand, though, how much crazier is it for Trump to contend that Obama ordered spying on Trump than for the media and Democrats to have contended, for month upon month, that Trump’s campaign conspired with the Putin regime to steal the American presidential election and turn the Oval Office into occupied Kremlin territory?

It is probable that both allegations are ludicrous. There is a good case, though, that there’s more support for the former than the latter.

Here’s the most interesting part: Now that they’ve been called on it, the media and Democrats are gradually retreating from the investigation they’ve been touting for months as the glue for their conspiracy theory. It’s actually quite amusing to watch: How dare you suggest President Obama would ever order surveillance! Who said anything about FISA orders? What evidence do you lunatic conservatives have — uh, other than what we media professionals been reporting — that there was any investigation of the Trump campaign?
While all this head-spinning legal jibber-jabber goes back and forth, the foundation of the false narrative we’ve been hearing since November 8 has vanished. Now that we’re supposed to believe there was no real investigation of Trump and his campaign, what else can we conclude but that there was no real evidence of collusion between the campaign and Russia . . . which makes sense, since Russia did not actually hack the election, so the purported objective of the collusion never existed.

Trick or tweet?

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Never a dull moment in the good ole USA. :rolleye2:
If Trump would not tweet the world would be a better place and the public perception of him as a President would be better. Trump has certainly done a great job changing focus away from his people and the Russians. Is he that clever?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
If Trump would not tweet the world would be a better place and the public perception of him as a President would be better. Trump has certainly done a great job changing focus away from his people and the Russians. Is he that clever?
You know seebell, now that I think about it he may be that clever. IMO a large majority of his electorate get their news and form their opinions from what they see and hear on Twitter and Facebook. When he tweets or posts on Facebook he controls the message he wants these people to receive without any analysis by the networks' anchors or commentators. While he cannot control what he calls "fake news", through social media he gives his version of "the truth" to his followers. So, may be he is smarter than a lot of people perceive him to be.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Fascinating read. And just as a reminder, Trump has not divested himself from anything. He spends 25% of his presidency in a Florida resort where members directly pay his family for access to the presidency and Cabinet members. And his is still directly tied to a number of questionably legal projects in heavily sanctioned countries.

DONALD TRUMP’S WORST DEAL: The President helped build a hotel in Azerbaijan that appears to be a corrupt operation engineered by oligarchs tied to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Fascinating read. And just as a reminder, Trump has not divested himself from anything. He spends 25% of his presidency in a Florida resort where members directly pay his family for access to the presidency and Cabinet members. And his is still directly tied to a number of questionably legal projects in heavily sanctioned countries.

DONALD TRUMP’S WORST DEAL: The President helped build a hotel in Azerbaijan that appears to be a corrupt operation engineered by oligarchs tied to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard
I do have to watch Rachel Madcow for 10 minutes every nite. She should be on SNL as she is hilarious and really does not mean to be . She is about as unbalanced as they get but she is so goofy shes really fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.