The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Fascinating read. And just as a reminder, Trump has not divested himself from anything. He spends 25% of his presidency in a Florida resort where members directly pay his family for access to the presidency and Cabinet members. And his is still directly tied to a number of questionably legal projects in heavily sanctioned countries.

DONALD TRUMP’S WORST DEAL: The President helped build a hotel in Azerbaijan that appears to be a corrupt operation engineered by oligarchs tied to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard
i drove by that building in baku a few times on a trip this past december. the driver pointed it out and laughed. it was completely overgrown and pretty much a shell of a building with trump's name in front of it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
i drove by that building in baku a few times on a trip this past december. the driver pointed it out and laughed. it was completely overgrown and pretty much a shell of a building with trump's name in front of it.
Usually, he's just rented his name out and he takes no loss - just no gain - when they fail. He normally demands that his name be removed, if they fail. I guess his legal prowess doesn't reach that far... :)

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
https://www.toddstarnes.com/column/...m-so-wiretapping-trump-tower-is-not-a-stretch
Well I guess a lot of the things that happened in the past 8 years might see the light of day.
This is why we can't have nice things.

A guy, trying to shill a book, creates an article about an event that there is zero proof of and attempts to tie it to another event where there is zero proof. The number of people who say there was no White House directed wiretap of Trump tower far outnumber the people who say there was.

And yet, you take it for definitive fact that both of these things happened.

For reference:
DOJ closes IRS investigation with no charges

Now I understand that you will believe that this is a coverup of the Obama administration by the Obama DOJ, for issues surrounding the Obama IRS. At the end of the day the investigation found nothing to charge Lerner with.

Comey Asks Justice Dept. to Reject Trump’s Wiretapping Claim

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Usually, he's just rented his name out and he takes no loss - just no gain - when they fail. He normally demands that his name be removed, if they fail. I guess his legal prowess doesn't reach that far... :)
we were there in early december and there was no name on the building itself, but the ground sign at the entrance still said trump. i remember shortly after returning home from that trip hearing that the whole thing was shut down.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
This is why we can't have nice things.

For reference:
DOJ closes IRS investigation with no charges

Now I understand that you will believe that this is a coverup of the Obama administration by the Obama DOJ, for issues surrounding the Obama IRS. At the end of the day the investigation found nothing to charge Lerner with.
But also from your article:

The IRS mishandled the processing of tax-exempt applications in a manner that disproportionately impacted applicants affiliated with the tea party and similar groups, leaving the appearance that the IRS's conduct was motivated by political, discriminatory, corrupt, or other inappropriate motives.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I would point out that it is possible that Trump could have been wiretapped. There are FISA orders out on a number of Russian operatives, including the ambassador. That's what tripped up Flynn. Unless Trump himself directly talked to Russian operatives, he has nothing to worry about...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
http://www.themarysue.com/mark-hamill-wiretap-tweets-as-the-joker/

Mark Hamill, my beloved Internet uncle, has once again gifted us with a dramatic interpretation of President Trump’s Tweets as read by The Joker. This time, Hamill tackles Trump’s unhinged Tweetstorm alleging that President Obama had him wiretapped prior to the election.

When he isn’t busy being the last of the Jedi, Hamill voices DC Comics’ Joker in animated series and video games (he started with Batman: The Animated Series in 1992). Since Trump’s election, Hamill has added some cackling levity to the President’s reactive, over-the-top and awkwardly worded Tweets by recording them as the Joker. As such, Hamill shows us how terrifyingly well Trump’s statements fit into the mouth of a warped supervillain.

Listen to the latest masterpiece:

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I would point out that it is possible that Trump could have been wiretapped. There are FISA orders out on a number of Russian operatives, including the ambassador. That's what tripped up Flynn. Unless Trump himself directly talked to Russian operatives, he has nothing to worry about...
Well, we know from the WSJ that Trump himself has at least met with the Russian ambassador, despite his protestations.

"A few minutes before he made those remarks, Mr. Trump met at a VIP reception with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S., Sergey Ivanovich Kislyak. Mr. Trump warmly greeted Mr. Kislyak and three other foreign ambassadors who came to the reception."

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Freaky Friday or what if Trump and Clinton switched genders?

NYU

Someone said that Jonathan Gordon [the male Hillary Clinton] was “really punchable” because of all the smiling. And a lot of people were just very surprised by the way it upended their expectations about what they thought they would feel or experience. There was someone who described Brenda King [the female Donald Trump] as his Jewish aunt who would take care of him, even though he might not like his aunt. Someone else described her as the middle school principal who you don’t like, but you know is doing good things for you.
Not surprising, I find our male Hilalry Clintons really punchable as well. :) <= meant as humor without malice.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Experts on TV news say that if an American citizen is overheard while speaking to a foreign FISA target, the eavesdropping is immediately stopped and a FISA warrant must be obtained for that citizen if desired. I know, I know, but that's what they say.

Experts also say Trump could request proof of FISA court or any other part of government and the proof, if it exists, would be provided.

Guess there are no rogues in government. BTW what tripped up Flynn was lying. Now if the experts are right about immediately stopping eavesdropping if an American citizen is involved unless there is a FISA warrant on that citizen, why is there a transcript of Flynn's conversation? Either the experts are wrong or there was FISA warrant for Flynn. mmmm......

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I didn't know whether to start a new thread or put this here. I decided to put it here because of the Russia/WikiLeaks/Trump/Obama quadrangle. So, the CIA has had a massive breach of some of its cyber exploit tools, which WikiLeaks has now dumped into the wild. This after Obama tasked the CIA with going after Russia for their meddling in our election.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/03/wikileaks-dumps-docs-on-cias-hacking-tools/

Fun stuff.

Edited to add: This is mostly documentation, and not actual code at this point. But Wikileaks has promised it has more to reveal.

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I didn't know whether to start a new thread or put this here. I decided to put it here because of the Russia/WikiLeaks/Trump/Obama quadrangle. So, the CIA has had a massive breach of some of its cyber exploit tools, which WikiLeaks has now dumped into the wild. This after Obama tasked the CIA with going after Russia for their meddling in our election.

Fun stuff.

Edited to add: This is mostly documentation, and not actual code at this point. But Wikileaks has promised it has more to reveal.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Fun stuff.

Why don't you start a new thread with that post. I think it's off the Trump topic and it's important...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Experts on TV news say that if an American citizen is overheard while speaking to a foreign FISA target, the eavesdropping is immediately stopped and a FISA warrant must be obtained for that citizen if desired. I know, I know, but that's what they say.

Experts also say Trump could request proof of FISA court or any other part of government and the proof, if it exists, would be provided.

Guess there are no rogues in government. BTW what tripped up Flynn was lying. Now if the experts are right about immediately stopping eavesdropping if an American citizen is involved unless there is a FISA warrant on that citizen, why is there a transcript of Flynn's conversation? Either the experts are wrong or there was FISA warrant for Flynn. mmmm......
I agree with its being Flynn's lying, but he assumed he could because he thought the conversations were private. Other than that, I've been through all the convolutions you've mentioned. If a FISA warrant were issued on Trump himself by the FISA court, I don't want even to think about the implications...

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I agree with its being Flynn's lying, but he assumed he could because he thought the conversations were private. Other than that, I've been through all the convolutions you've mentioned. If a FISA warrant were issued on Trump himself by the FISA court, I don't want even to think about the implications...
Which is why I'm convinced that Trump isn't playing 4D chess, he and his staff are just really dumb. The tweet was foolish in that it opened the door to the obvious next step: if you claim that Obama wiretapped you, we need to investigate to determine whether the former president is gravely at fault or the country is currently in danger. Any White House staff that suggests a congressional investigation into the sitting president is not one that can strategize more than one step in advance.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
1. Trump violates the longstanding One China policy, sparking an international incident.

2. Trump defends his actions by saying, "I fully understand the One China policy, but I don't know why we have to be bound by a One China policy unless we make a deal with China having to do with other things, including trade."

3. Soon after, Trump recognizes One China policy without any known concession on the part of China or negotiation between the two parties.

4. A few weeks later and without fanfare, China approves 38 Trump trademarks that he's been unsuccessfully trying to acquire for the past decade, an odd move considering that his organization's lawyer claimed that "no new foreign deals" would be undertaken. Trump, of course, has not divested from any of his business ties.

Honestly, if the emoluments clause doesn't apply to Trump, then it's a completely useless piece of the Constitution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.