The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Re: Careful with that microwave Eugene

sad thing is, they're not even trying that hard to hide what they are doing. there is just a substantial portion of our country that doesn't seem to care
Yeah who needs the EPA, FDA, Dept of Education, NPR, Clean Water,etc. As long as we can build a pipeline made of Chinese steel to pump oil to create refining jobs in Canada, we are all good.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/14/politics/donald-trump-dismember-government/index.html

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I think most of us assumed Trump's proposed tax reforms would be laser focused on benefiting himself and his family. Now we know they are, but that's not really why most people want to see his (full) returns released. Maddow may have overhyped that a tad. ;) Although just to disentangle Trump's BS excuse, IRS audits have a statute of limitations, and nothing before 2009 can still be under audit. He just doesn't want us to see them.

The more interesting story from last night:

Comey to say whether FBI probing Russia, Trump campaign by Wednesday

Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse said Tuesday that FBI Director James Comey promised to tell him Wednesday whether the FBI is investigating ties between Russia and the campaign of President Donald Trump.

The Rhode Island Democrat said that Comey made the promise in a March 2 meeting with him and Sen. Lindsey Graham, a Republican from South Carolina.

According to Whitehouse, Comey assured them he would confirm if an investigation exists "and the scope of their Russia/Trump investigation because he had not been able to at that point say that there was one."

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Trump's tax returns are the left's version of wanting to see Obama's birth certificate.
i could care less about his tax returns, but there are legitimate questions about the business dealings of presidents and iirc, all presidential candidates provide them in some form. the birth certificate fiasco was a farce from the beginning.

these two things are not remotely similar

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
i could care less about his tax returns, but there are legitimate questions about the business dealings of presidents and iirc, all presidential candidates provide them in some form. the birth certificate fiasco was a farce from the beginning.
Only the last, what, seven presidents have done so, iirc. I'm not saying there's nothing there, but I suspect the only think you'll ever see will be what wants you to see.

Correct - the birth certificate was a legal requirement, the release of tax docs is not.

The point is the left is fixating on this - if there is something there, you will never know since the tax docs are not required to be released. Might as well be fixating on a 'fake' brith cert.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

They're pretty similar in my eyes.

The birth certificate issue flared up because of the literary review or whatever it was that stated he was born in Kenya. Personally I equally wanted to see both issues (birth certificate and tax returns) brought into the open and revealed. If for no other reason than to stop hearing about it so much. The longer one side refuses to release information along those lines that has become a news story or topic of contention the deeper the conspiracy theories dig.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Trump's tax returns are the left's version of wanting to see Obama's birth certificate.
The difference is what is Trump hiding? Obama apparently was hiding nothing. And of all the presidential candidates since Tricky Dick, with Trumps massive international dealings, his returns are probably the most needed for transparency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.