Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
They're pretty similar in my eyes.

The birth certificate issue flared up because of the literary review or whatever it was that stated he was born in Kenya. Personally I equally wanted to see both issues (birth certificate and tax returns) brought into the open and revealed. If for no other reason than to stop hearing about it so much. The longer one side refuses to release information along those lines that has become a news story or topic of contention the deeper the conspiracy theories dig.
Thing is, if he were born of an American mother, it wouldn't have mattered anyway. That was settled British law at the time this country was formed and we just imported it over as a matter of common law. Anyone who doesn't realize that Trump himself released this old return just isn't thinking...

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
The difference is what is Trump hiding? Obama apparently was hiding nothing. And of all the presidential candidates since Tricky Dick, with Trumps massive international dealings, his returns are probably the most needed for transparency.
I am not disputing that they could contain damaging information, I don't know, but if the truly are needed congress should pass a law requiring that of all candidates to include IRS statement as to their validity.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I am not disputing that they could contain damaging information, I don't know, but if the truly are needed congress should pass a law requiring that of all candidates to include IRS statement as to their validity.
Congress doesn't have the power to legislate eligibility requirements for being president. An amendment would be required.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I do not believe that muslims should be blocked from enterring but I think the judge's logic is incorrect. Trump comes off to me as an agnostic that fakes Christianity to appeal to his base. His motivations were not religious.
Bloomberg used ambiguous wording in that article. He's not saying that Trump's motivation stems from Christianity, he's saying that the objective of the ban is to disfavor Muslims. Here's the full quote:

A reasonable, objective observer — enlightened by the specific historical context, contemporaneous public statements, and specific sequence of events leading to its issuance — would conclude that the Executive Order was issued with a purpose to disfavor a particular religion, in spite of its stated, religiously-neutral purpose.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Bloomberg used ambiguous wording in that article. He's not saying that Trump's motivation stems from Christianity, he's saying that the objective of the ban is to disfavor Muslims. Here's the full quote:
Thats what I get for reading headlines and assuming christians are the only percieved haters of Islam

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Water is wet. The sky is blue. Grass is green. Jeff Sessions is a blithering idiot.

Jeff Sessions, the U.S. Attorney General, had some typically harsh words about marijuana today, at a time when legal pot supporters in Massachusetts and elsewhere are on high alert over how the new government will treat the drug.

In prepared remarks for a speech to law enforcement in Richmond today, he outlined his stance on marijuana use, which he has long opposed, saying that “dependency” on it is “only slightly less awful” than heroin.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Water is wet. The sky is blue. Grass is green. Jeff Sessions is a blithering idiot.
When my BIL was the director of KSFC ( AU grad with an honorary doctorate) he attended at dinner in Mobile and was seated across from Sessions. At the time, he and my sister thought they would stay in FL (they didn't) and he is a rock-ribbed Republican. In our susequent conversation, he said "Ya'll have got a problem." (meaning Alabama) I asked what he meant by that. He went on to say that Sessions couldn't carry on an intelligent conversation - about anything. This was a bit out of character, because he is anything on earth but a judgmental person. He went on to relate some almost unbelievable inanities, which I won't go into here. His becoming AG of the country is, to me, incredible...

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
We can add one more casualty of the Trump administration. I found out tonight they are going to defund many support programs for the poor including "Meals on wheels". I have volunteered for this group and it is a great program. A large portion of the meals go to elderly folks who can't cook for themselves or come up a little short on funds for food. The best thing about the program is it gives a chance for a lot of lonely people to have someone to talk to. It's one of those programs that means a lot more to the volunteers than the recipients. I hope all you Trump supporters sleep well each night knowing our president is going to build up the defense budget that already has the firepower to destroy the earth many times. At least the elderly and hungry folks can be proud of all our shiny new planes and ships.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We can add one more casualty of the Trump administration. I found out tonight they are going to defund many support programs for the poor including "Meals on wheels". I have volunteered for this group and it is a great program. A large portion of the meals go to elderly folks who can't cook for themselves or come up a little short on funds for food. The best thing about the program is it gives a chance for a lot of lonely people to have someone to talk to. It's one of those programs that means a lot more to the volunteers than the recipients. I hope all you Trump supporters sleep well each night knowing our president is going to build up the defense budget that already has the firepower to destroy the earth many times. At least the elderly and hungry folks can be proud of all our shiny new planes and ships.
Well, he said over and over that people were not going to "die in the middle of the street" because he's president. (Not sure why anyone would be trying to make the middle of the street to die.) I guess this move means they'll die quietly in their houses, since they couldn't make the middle anyway...

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Lazy bums should quit living off John Q Taxpayer and do their fair share. This is what you get from a welfare state.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
He also wants to defund the National Endowment of the Arts, PBS, and NPR. The cumulative budget for these programs is a single grain of sand lost on a beach.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
He's not a fiscal conservative. He's just throwing red meat scraps at the crazy side of his base.
Yeah, attacking arts and culture for no purpose comes straight from Bannon's "I hate America" playbook. With every passing day, it becomes harder not to label anyone who still supports this man as a crazy hoodwinked fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.