The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Honestly, her problem is that she is just not likable. She is the wife of a politician, not a politician. She has no political acumen, and she has no charisma. She might be "clean" but that is not what gets people elected.

She has the personality of a sponge.
I agree. Someone more likable and without the Clinton baggage would have won. Her personality kept her from cashing in on the Bill Clinton goodwill, which might have outweighed the baggage, especially among the AA population. Events had broken in a direction which made many even question the state of her marriage to him, anyway. Without the Russian boost, she probably would have scraped out a win. Hell, even Bernie might have scraped out a victory over Trump...

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Trump bans travel from Europe, NBA suspends its season, Seattle shuts down its entire public school system, and the market drops another 5% before open. If that holds today, it would represent a 27% drop in the S&P 500 over the past three weeks. Asian and European markets have fallen just as sharply. Nowhere is safe. This is not a mere correction. Hold onto your Roth contributions, gentlemen, we're more than halfway to the GFC and this ride is only going to get bumpier.

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Trump bans travel from Europe, NBA suspends its season, Seattle shuts down its entire public school system, and the market drops another 5% before open. If that holds today, it would represent a 27% drop in the S&P 500 over the past three weeks. Asian and European markets have fallen just as sharply. Nowhere is safe. This is not a mere correction. Hold onto your Roth contributions, gentlemen, we're more than halfway to the GFC and this ride is only going to get bumpier.
I am so glad I re-balanced my 401k out of stocks recently

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I just finished watching the Netflix Dirty Money episode called Confidence Man. Anybody that still supports this horrible person should be strapped down like Alex in A Clockwork Orange and be forced to watch it. I'm sure most of his supporters here would change their minds after watching this. The problem is that they wont ever watch anything like this because:

Reactions: B1GTide

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
And yet my parents were singing his praises yesterday because "he's sending us all $1000".

Doesn't matter that nothing has been passed yet and I'm reading that it will be a tiered system based on income and family size. Plus, it looks like it would happen in 2 payments, one in April and the other in May. Many people expecting $1000 check from Trump are going to be severely disappointed.

This article mentions $2000 in the headline but never mentions $2000 in the article:

Last edited:
  • Thank You

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
So here's where we stand:
Billions and billions in corporate tax cuts used mainly for stock buy backs, driving up the stock market
Billions and billions of tax cuts for the 10%ers
Totally inept handling of covid-19 response
Stock market gains under Trump wiped out and market crashing
Now poised to double the deficit!

So much wining by the stable genius that I could puke!!!

• Sad

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
So here's where we stand:
Billions and billions in corporate tax cuts used mainly for stock buy backs, driving up the stock market
Billions and billions of tax cuts for the 10%ers
Totally inept handling of covid-19 response
Stock market gains under Trump wiped out and market crashing
Now poised to double the deficit!

So much wining by the stable genius that I could puke!!!
Haven't you heard? Being "conservative" has nothing to do with fiscal responsibility, or respect for the Constitution. It has to do with baby murder and prayer in schools, mainly the former...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
This was the latest thing my buddy shared on Facebook. Not sure what a presedent is.

I still think the race in November will be close because his base has their heads so far up Trump’s butt they can’t think straight.

The fall campaign is going to be nasty.
B28A5C01-0D30-4080-9CB0-D0A42BA90D46.jpeg

• Full Banjeaux!
Reactions: Jon

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
What was the rant against the media like this AM? I finally had to leave the TV...
One reporter from NBC called him out for flip flopping on the "He was way ahead of it" and "It was a surprise" stance, and he basically said CNN, NBC, and the Washington Post are fake news. Then he took a question from that idiot OAN lady who asked "Do you think calling it chinese food is racist, and why do you think the left media is echoing the Chinese Communist State and Saudi Arabia's propaganda". To which he went on a fake news rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.