The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
How is it not in the same hemisphere when I'm talking about ALL of the calls to boycott from the Cult of Trump? Not just Hawaii. Budweiser, the Hamilton play, Starbucks, Basic Facts etc. etc.
I already gave you the "why" -- Hawaii and McDonald's

Hawaii -- vacation paradise
McDonald's -- discount fast food

NOT in the same hemisphere.

One is a realistic boycott
The other is mostly symbolic

but the point is "Moo" -- it's a "Moo Point" --

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Not even in the same hemisphere.... Most of Trump's base cannot remotely afford to go to Hawaii. But, they probably eat at McD's 3-5x/week. Burger King, Hardees, Wendy's, Whataburger, all just saw their stock prices rise.
You said it not me, but this is why I found it amusing when all the Trump supporters on my FB feed started boycotting Nordstrom after the Ivanka thing.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
You said it not me, but this is why I found it amusing when all the Trump supporters on my FB feed started boycotting Nordstrom after the Ivanka thing.
Symbolic Boycott -- makes them feel better.

All in all boycotts are stupid, seldom work, and people often forget why they were boycotting a few weeks after anyway....

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Symbolic Boycott -- makes them feel better.

All in all boycotts are stupid, seldom work, and people often forget why they were boycotting a few weeks after anyway....
Most people don't even boycott what they say they are boycotting. They just post that stuff on FB to be part of the crowd with no real intention of following through.

I can say that I boycott Nordstrom, been doing it all my life. Sorry, but your an idiot if you pay $100 for jeans.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
someone who worked in dc on the hill back in the late 90s told me that it was somewhat of a consensus that sessions was far and away the stupidest person on the hill.
That is not an easy title to claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
He's also cutting the NIH budget by 20%. We had a nice few decades of being the world's leader in science, but that's over now.
A lot of the most talented scientists come from overseas and they're already choosing not to come to what they see as a nation which has turned xenophobic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.