Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I saw that but still disagree with him.

Of course, he made the problem worse and then wants to change our system that extends rights beyond just citizens to human beings in general.
Oh, I agree. Every civilized country has an asylum proceeding, which is what he wants to obliterate. What I don't approve of is sinking to his level and editing remarks to make it seem that he's advocating something he's not. It's extremely dishonest...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Oh, I agree. Every civilized country has an asylum proceeding, which is what he wants to obliterate. What I don't approve of is sinking to his level and editing remarks to make it seem that he's advocating something he's not. It's extremely dishonest...
i understand where you're coming from, and i have removed the video. i stopped giving him or his supporters any benefit of the doubt long ago. and while not explicitly saying he want's to obliterate our judicial system, he has spent no small amount of time and bluster dragging our judicial system and judges through the mud.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
i understand where you're coming from, and i have removed the video. i stopped giving him or his supporters any benefit of the doubt long ago. and while not explicitly saying he want's to obliterate our judicial system, he has spent no small amount of time and bluster dragging our judicial system and judges through the mud.
I don't doubt for a moment he'd like to do away with the judicial system. He just hasn't said it and he didn't say it in that interview...

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I saw that but still disagree with him.

Of course, he made the problem worse and then wants to change our system that extends rights beyond just citizens to human beings in general.
This brings up an interesting question. How many of our judicial rights are extended to illegal immigrants. I would say a fair and speedy trial and being provided legal counsel if they cannot afford it seems fair. However, I do not think they should be provided a jury of their peers when it comes to deportation hearings.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This brings up an interesting question. How many of our judicial rights are extended to illegal immigrants. I would say a fair and speedy trial and being provided legal counsel if they cannot afford it seems fair. However, I do not think they should be provided a jury of their peers when it comes to deportation hearings.
They don't get a jury trial. To be technical, these judges are administrative law judges. They are not part of the judicial branch at all. They are employees of whichever agency they're attached to. Their job is to adjudge, among other things, the legitimacy of claims of asylum. If the immigrant has a right to asylum under our laws, then he's not illegal at all. That's the job of the immigration judge. Trump would like to declare all immigrants "illegal," unless they come in under the immigration system. It would never stand up in court. The SCOTUS has extended most rights to illegals before and I don't think even this court would reverse that...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Interesting. So Trump Jr. was talking directly with Russian money launderers, and there are tapes.

FBI obtained wiretaps of Putin ally who met with Trump Jr.
I love that the Spanish version of the FBI was investigating Russian Mafia money laundering and got recordings of either Trump Jr direct with Torshin or Torshin talking about what he was doing with Jr with others. Torshin we should all recall is the one who it's been alleged dropped $35M to the NRA to fund pro-Trump efforts. Torshin is a lifetime NRA member and dear friend of the GOP, even officially witnessed a TN Election with a GOP Rep once.

I see the Donald fans on twitter stating that the deep state is so large that Obama was able to get the Spanish FBI to spy on Trump. Lol, those people can spin themselves into a frenzy, this was an anti Russia Mafia campaign that accidentally caught a Trump. How perfect is that

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
They don't get a jury trial. To be technical, these judges are administrative law judges. They are not part of the judicial branch at all. They are employees of whichever agency they're attached to. Their job is to adjudge, among other things, the legitimacy of claims of asylum. If the immigrant has a right to asylum under our laws, then he's not illegal at all. That's the job of the immigration judge. Trump would like to declare all immigrants "illegal," unless they come in under the immigration system. It would never stand up in court. The SCOTUS has extended most rights to illegals before and I don't think even this court would reverse that...
Who wrote the asylum laws, and was there good reasoning and constitutional basis behind them? I'm not really 100% against asylum, but I think if you are seeking asylum it should be dire circumstances and that the laws should not be so complicated that you need to hire thousands of judges just to keep up with it.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Who wrote the asylum laws, and was there good reasoning and constitutional basis behind them? I'm not really 100% against asylum, but I think if you are seeking asylum it should be dire circumstances and that the laws should not be so complicated that you need to hire thousands of judges just to keep up with it.
I'm not sure what you mean. All federal legislation has to take the same route from one chamber to the other and then to the president for signature. There is no reason to doubt the constitutionality of the immigration laws. The number of judges required is not a function of complexity of the laws at all. It is a function of the sheer number of asylum seekers. Trump's solution is to make the prospect of attaining asylum so bleak that people won't even bother to try...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I love that the Spanish version of the FBI was investigating Russian Mafia money laundering and got recordings of either Trump Jr direct with Torshin or Torshin talking about what he was doing with Jr with others. Torshin we should all recall is the one who it's been alleged dropped $35M to the NRA to fund pro-Trump efforts. Torshin is a lifetime NRA member and dear friend of the GOP, even officially witnessed a TN Election with a GOP Rep once.

I see the Donald fans on twitter stating that the deep state is so large that Obama was able to get the Spanish FBI to spy on Trump. Lol, those people can spin themselves into a frenzy, this was an anti Russia Mafia campaign that accidentally caught a Trump. How perfect is that
i think it is a pretty safe bet that they are not the only foreign government with dirt on the drumph syndicate

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

the deep state is an all powerful leviathan, except when it came to getting hillary elected

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
the deep state is an all powerful leviathan, except when it came to getting hillary elected
also recall that all we heard during the Obama administration was how horrible and ineffective they were at everything, yet somehow they were able to orchestrate this amazing conspiracy that still lost the election. It's mind bendingly stupid, but so are his supporters so it works

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Can a 3-year old represent herself in immigration court? This judge thinks so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.