The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
At first... I was like "he cant be that stupid", but then I realized that he absoloutly can.

If I was a Medal of Honor recipient then I would ask either Pence, Hoyer, Pelosi, Schumer, Esper, or a joint cheif to present it because Trump is making a mockery out of the award... Notice there is someone Im leaving off

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Really good OpEd in NYT by Thomas L Friedman. I apologize for not being able to link. I took the $1/wk deal but everything opens in the app. It’s probably paywalled but an excellent piece if you can find it.

Trump, Zuckerberg, and Pals Are Breaking America

If America’s worst enemies had spent years designing a plan to erode our greatest strengths, they could not have done better than what some of our fellow citizens are doing to the country every day for short-term financial or political gain.Prominent figures in government, politics and commerce are behaving in ways that are so destructive of the core institutions and norms that underpin our democracy, one can only assume that they take the country’s stability as a given — that they can abuse and stress it all they want and it won’t break.
They are wrong. We can break America, and right now we’re on our way there. Not in the Cold War, not during Vietnam, not during Watergate did I ever fear more for my country.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Trump doesn't like dogs. I hope they make him take photo ops with the hero dog for hours.

that's amusing and reminds me of another billionaire who ran for President.

Ross Perot, a legend in his own mind, used to tell stories that had him at the center of his own universe (sound familiar?).
One of the stories making the rounds when he ran was that he had foiled an attempt by the Black Panthers to kill him.
One of his consultants learned of this and did a little checking - and then got a "new and improved" version of it that made Perot
something less of a personal hero. In this case, Perot's dogs allegedly alerted him to the attack. The consultant checked this
out with one of Perot's own security guys, and the security guard told him Perot didn't even like dogs. In fact, the security guys
had a term for these dogs - "the Stealth dogs." They'd even joke about how they wouldn't need Secret Service protection because
"the Stealth dogs" would protect Perot.

Incidentally, Perot's people had a term for his tale-telling: they called it "Rossing."

Something tells me Trump's sycophants probably have a similar term for Cheeto Jezus.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Incidentally, Perot's people had a term for his tale-telling: they called it "Rossing."

Something tells me Trump's sycophants probably have a similar term for Cheeto Jezus.
Trumpies actually believe what he says.

I just remembered my Trump loving Facebook buddy was a Perot supporter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Trumpies actually believe what he says.

I just remembered my Trump loving Facebook buddy was a Perot supporter.

Ross Perot quit in the middle of the race, got back in, and 1/5 of the country still voted for him after that act of paranoia.

There are some ways I'd separate Perot from Trump. Unlike Trump, Perot actually served (even if he did - as Ed Rollins said - "whined the whole time he was in the Navy"), for all his quirkiness he didn't fire off insults at anyone and everyone and - again unlike Trump - Perot quietly paid the medical bills of hundreds if not thousands of veterans and never said a word about it.

I can find some human decency at points in Perot that is missing in Trump.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Perot was a total nut who would have had a chaotic presidency, especially with zero Reform Party members in Congress. I knew a superliberal guy back then who said he’d take Bush over Clinton.

I think my Facebook guy is just drawn to nut jobs. But he is a barner, so that is understandable.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Ross Perot quit in the middle of the race, got back in, and 1/5 of the country still voted for him after that act of paranoia.

There are some ways I'd separate Perot from Trump. Unlike Trump, Perot actually served (even if he did - as Ed Rollins said - "whined the whole time he was in the Navy"), for all his quirkiness he didn't fire off insults at anyone and everyone and - again unlike Trump - Perot quietly paid the medical bills of hundreds if not thousands of veterans and never said a word about it.

I can find some human decency at points in Perot that is missing in Trump.
The other choices were worse.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Keep in mind that its 1.9% growth with record a record deficit (aka stimulus) of 1 trillion dollars per year!
Right on queue, Trump is now saying the greatest threat to the U.S. is actually the Federal Reserve for not dropping us to negative interest rates for the first time ever.

With a questionable economy, that's kind of like asking the Sherpa to empty our oxygen tanks before we climb Everest.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Right on queue, Trump is now saying the greatest threat to the U.S. is actually the Federal Reserve for not dropping us to negative interest rates for the first time ever.

With a questionable economy, that's kind of like asking the Sherpa to empty our oxygen tanks before we climb Everest.
To expect anything other than moronic statements from him on economics is futile...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Perot was a total nut who would have had a chaotic presidency, especially with zero Reform Party members in Congress. I knew a superliberal guy back then who said he’d take Bush over Clinton.

I think my Facebook guy is just drawn to nut jobs. But he is a barner, so that is understandable.

Agreed on all points.

I knew tons of conservatives who actually said, "Well, Clinton is awful but he's better than Perot" and vice versa.

GHW Bush HIMSELF wrote in his memoirs that if he was forced to choose between the two, he'd take Clinton - and that was long before they became such good buddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.