The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Good Lord! Now, he's claiming it's "fake news" that he ever said that he'd meet with the Iranians without preconditions (which I thought stupid when he said it). It gets ever more bizarre and we're supposed to pretend all is normal...

[video]https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/09/16/trump-iran-meeting-no-preconditions-tweet-contradiction-vpx-nr.cnn [/video]

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Good Lord! Now, he's claiming it's "fake news" that he ever said that he'd meet with the Iranians without preconditions (which I thought stupid when he said it). It gets ever more bizarre and we're supposed to pretend all is normal...
Yeah. We're left in a quandry; on the one hand, it wouldn't surprise me if Iran were behind the Saudi attacks, but I can't trust anything that comes out of his mouth. The Intelligence community is likely on serious anti-anxiety meds worrying what the hell this ....... will do next.

ETA: Hey, I thought we were allowed to say "......." now"? :)

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yeah. We're left in a quandry; on the one hand, it wouldn't surprise me if Iran were behind the Saudi attacks, but I can't trust anything that comes out of his mouth. The Intelligence community is likely on serious anti-anxiety meds worrying what the hell this ....... will do next.

ETA: Hey, I thought we were allowed to say "......." now"? :)
You must have gone one toke over the line and called him something more than just an "ass"... :D

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The international community is disgusted at how Trump pulled us out of the Iran deal (never mind the Paris climate agreement.) Trump has less than zero credibility on the international stage, at this point, any cooperation from former allies will be tentative and grudging.

How is it possible that Trump is so pigheaded that he's generated international sympathy for Iran? That seems to me to be where we are now.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Can anyone explain how Corey Lewandowski can assert executive privilege when

1. he never worked in the White House, and
2. He stopped working for Trump before Trump was even elected, let along sworn in?

(notices who the AG is)...never mind.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

2. He stopped working for Trump before Trump was even elected, let along sworn in?

it's easy to "win" when you can just ignore the rules without consequence. the gop has been learning this over the past few decades and finally realized they can just go all in.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Trump’s first comment on Cokie Roberts’ death was “She never treated me nicely”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Trump’s first comment on Cokie Roberts’ death was “She never treated me nicely”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, he's a self-centered jackass. What kind of remark would you expect. After all, Roy Cohn, himself said of Trump, when asked about Trump's feelings for other people said "He pees ice water"...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

There is absolutely no legal precedent for a non-member of the executive branch being able to claim executive privilege for conversations with the president. Remember, it's not the president who's claiming it. It's the Roy Cohn tactic of fight to the last ditch...

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Lewandowski needs to be held in contempt of Congress, jailed and fined until he cooperates.
He proved himself to be a completely unethical fool yesterday as did the Republicans on the committee. I must say however, that if the Dems do not have enough power to hold him accountable for such a display before Congress, they appear to me to be completely powerless and only weaken themselves further by allowing such clown shows to proceed in front of the American people

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
He proved himself to be a completely unethical fool yesterday as did the Republicans on the committee. I must say however, that if the Dems do not have enough power to hold him accountable for such a display before Congress, they appear to me to be completely powerless and only weaken themselves further by allowing such clown shows to proceed in front of the American people
this is a feature and not a bug with the current gop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.