The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It is easy to understand. He was making fun of someone who is perceived to be oppositional of the conservative audience's class/culture. This is why I think the days of reasoning with a con is over. Their lines are drawn and they'll do anything to advance their side's aims. They will have no morality in doing it because they are assured of the larger morality of their dubious causes.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Not a fan of Junior, but he said in advance he wouldn’t be taking questions. These people are idiots but will probably be voting for Trump anyway. But their Trump votes in California will be as useless as my anti-Trump vote in Alabama. Thanks, electoral college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
making america grift again. i'm sure the trumpettes are totally down with this

Trump allies received hundreds of thousands of dollars under federal health contract
Campaign, White House veterans were among 40 PR consultants on a $2.25 million contract.

At least eight former White House, presidential transition and campaign officials for President Donald Trump were hired as outside contractors to the federal health department at the cost of hundreds of thousands of dollars per year, according to documents newly obtained by POLITICO.

They were among at least 40 consultants who worked on a one-year, $2.25 million contract directed by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Administrator Seema Verma. The contractors were hired to burnish Verma’s personal brand and provide “strategic communications” support. They charged up to $380 per hour for work traditionally handled by dozens of career civil servants in CMS's communications department.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It is easy to understand. He was making fun of someone who is perceived to be oppositional of the conservative audience's class/culture. This is why I think the days of reasoning with a con is over. Their lines are drawn and they'll do anything to advance their side's aims. They will have no morality in doing it because they are assured of the larger morality of their dubious causes.
Doin' the Lord's work...

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
There are several things in this article which disturb me. One of which is our current president let’s a piece by a news agency affect his duties as commander in chief. No previous president, regardless of party, would allow such nonsense to affect military strategy. I’m sure Daddy Putin let him know his displeasure right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I viewed a discussion on Ukraine last week, emphasizing the fact that Putin's aim of course, is to gain control of Ukraine to effectively reunify the former Soviet Union. One only has to look at the map of Europe to appreciate the fact that if Russia were able to gain control of Ukraine then it would effectively threaten all of the former Soviet Union satellite states of Eastern Europe. I don't pretend to have geo-political expertise but if one looks at developing right wing movements in Poland and Romania it becomes apparent that it is significantly supported by Russia. Having co-opted the useful idiot Trump, Putin must surely view this as a singular moment in time to significantly weaken the Western Alliance, which is happening before our eyes, while committing land grabs in Eastern Europe, to effectively return the globe to the Cold War status of earlier decades.

Who could have ever thought that the party of Reagan could metastasize to the degree that it would effectively support a US withdrawal from the global order that had led to 75 years of peace in Europe?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I viewed a discussion on Ukraine last week, emphasizing the fact that Putin's aim of course, is to gain control of Ukraine to effectively reunify the former Soviet Union. One only has to look at the map of Europe to appreciate the fact that if Russia were able to gain control of Ukraine then it would effectively threaten all of the former Soviet Union satellite states of Eastern Europe. I don't pretend to have geo-political expertise but if one looks at developing right wing movements in Poland and Romania it becomes apparent that it is significantly supported by Russia. Having co-opted the useful idiot Trump, Putin must surely view this as a singular moment in time to significantly weaken the Western Alliance, which is happening before our eyes, while committing land grabs in Eastern Europe, to effectively return the globe to the Cold War status of earlier decades.

Who could have ever thought that the party of Reagan could metastasize to the degree that it would effectively support a US withdrawal from the global order that had led to 75 years of peace in Europe?
not to worry. the president gets to set foreign policy.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The unindicted leader went to Walter Reed yesterday.

That’s quite significant given the White House has a WELL equipped medical unit to handle most things. Naturally, his sycophant boasts about energy and activity.

Funny - because I recall seeing GHW Bush out jogging quite a bit; I’ve never seen Trump run even after a stray golf ball.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
The unindicted leader went to Walter Reed yesterday.

That’s quite significant given the White House has a WELL equipped medical unit to handle most things. Naturally, his sycophant boasts about energy and activity.

Funny - because I recall seeing GHW Bush out jogging quite a bit; I’ve never seen Trump run even after a stray golf ball.
The White House said he's at Walter Reed at 10pm on a Saturday night for "phase 1" of a physical, which won't be completed until next year. That, of course, makes absolutely no sense. A normal physical doesn't have a "follow-up" unless there's a problem, and the president's bloodwork would be VIPed so fast through the lab that he'll have results before he makes it out to the motorcade. Definitely doesn't take months to complete.

A more likely explanation is he had some acute issue and doesn't want us to know about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.