The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I thought it was such a yawn that you wouldn't care. Two weeks ago Dear Donny was still calling it a hoax.
Two different things you are referring to, Matt.

The post above that you replied to was a reply to 92 when he wondered: "what is trump doing about this now that he is president?"

And I said as my reply: "I would like to know that as well."

The "yawn" post was in reference to Mueller's indictment - and had nothing whatsoever to do with Trump.

As I stated...I would like to know what more is being done to help with the Russian's interference and specifically, including what Trump as president is doing to assist.

But the water gets muddled when certain biased entities bring their agenda into everything.

As I said before...politics is a dirty nasty business full of scummy slime balls who don't give 2 hoots about the country. All they care about is their agenda.

Sickening.....

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Obama wasn't talking about Russians interfering here, was he?
I just want to make sure that you and I are watching the same video. In the video you posted, Obama calls a conspiracy theory about systematic vote rigging perpetuated by the left as ridiculous.

From your comment, it would seem that you are saying that since he says it is ridiculous for the left to rig an election, any interference by the Russians would also be ridiculous.

I just want to make sure that I am following your thought processes here correctly. Is this what you are saying?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Two different things you are referring to, Matt.

The post above that you replied to was a reply to 92 when he wondered: "what is trump doing about this now that he is president?"

And I said as my reply: "I would like to know that as well."

The "yawn" post was in reference to Mueller's indictment - and had nothing whatsoever to do with Trump.

As I stated...I would like to know what more is being done to help with the Russian's interference and specifically, including what Trump as president is doing to assist.

But the water gets muddled when certain biased entities bring their agenda into everything.

As I said before...politics is a dirty nasty business full of scummy slime balls who don't give 2 hoots about the country. All they care about is their agenda.

Sickening.....
i keep expecting you to get dizzy at some point. ;)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I just want to make sure that you and I are watching the same video. In the video you posted, Obama calls a conspiracy theory about systematic vote rigging perpetuated by the left as ridiculous.

From your comment, it would seem that you are saying that since he says it is ridiculous for the left to rig an election, any interference by the Russians would also be ridiculous.

I just want to make sure that I am following your thought processes here correctly. Is this what you are saying?
I just asked a question.

I didn't "say" anything.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
All you'd have to do is take off your Trump brand blinders for an hour or so and you could see that Trump is actively doing everything he can to not assist and is trying mostly to add obstruction and obfuscation to the effort.

That was my general point about you yawning at the previous indictment and then turning around to act like it was something important that Trump should be assisting with while ignoring that Trump and some stooges in Congress are doing everything they can to make sure nothing is done about the interference/tampering/etc.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
All you'd have to do is take off your Trump brand blinders for an hour or so and you could see that Trump is actively doing everything he can to not assist and is trying mostly to add obstruction and obfuscation to the effort.
That was my general point about you yawning at the previous indictment and then turning around to act like it was something important that Trump should be assisting with while ignoring that Trump and some stooges in Congress are doing everything they can to make sure nothing is done about the interference/tampering/etc.
Not to get in the middle of this conversation but just heard the Mueller was looking into Kushner's conflict of interest and possible self dealing while on the payroll of the US government during the transition period. Kushner is obviously in big trouble financially and has been grasping for financing across the globe. He is under so deep that any financing would have to be essentially a gift. This news causes me to think that the slightest expansion of Mueller's probe into Trump's finances would doom him. He has to wake up thinking "Why in the world did I run for this job" I assume that Mueller has already subpoenaed Trump's tax records from the IRS and is well into the money laundering that was a common practice at Trump Tower.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Not to get in the middle of this conversation but just heard the Mueller was looking into Kushner's conflict of interest and possible self dealing while on the payroll of the US government during the transition period. Kushner is obviously in big trouble financially and has been grasping for financing across the globe. He is under so deep that any financing would have to be essentially a gift. This news causes me to think that the slightest expansion of Mueller's probe into Trump's finances would doom him. He has to wake up thinking "Why in the world did I run for this job" I assume that Mueller has already subpoenaed Trump's tax records from the IRS and is well into the money laundering that was a common practice at Trump Tower.
an interesting aside about kushner. none of the folks who were so bent out of shape about obama getting into harvard seem to be bothered about kushner's admittance (his dad made a huge gift). not quite sure why that would be the case.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
an interesting aside about kushner. none of the folks who were so bent out of shape about obama getting into harvard seem to be bothered about kushner's admittance (his dad made a huge gift). not quite sure why that would be the case.
This and Trump getting into Wharton always make me think of the Larry Burns episode of the Simpsons

Mr. Burns: Something is not right about Larry's upbringing. Send for the boys of Yale at once!
Burns' office. Two admissions officers from Yale are by his desk
Mr. Burns: Well, how did the interview go?
Male Admissions Officer: Larry made light of my weight, then suggested my motto ought to be "Semper Fudge". Afterwards he told me to "relax" and "forget about it".
Mr. Burns: OK, OK. How were his test scores?
Female Admissions Officer: Let me put it this way. Larry spelled Yale with a 6.
Mr. Burns, in a not-to-subtle moves, opens his checkbook
Mr. Burns: Oh, I almost forgot, it is time for your annual contribution. How much should I give?
Male Admissions Officer: Let us see. A score of 400 would require new football uniforms. A score of 300 would require a new dormitory.
Mr. Burns: And in Larry's case?
Male Admissions Officer: A new international airport.
Female Admissions Officer: Yale could use an international airport, Mr. Burns.
Mr. Burns: Blast you! I am not made of airports! Get out!

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Just heard a bit of Nikki Haley's comments at the UN acting as a shill for Netanyahu. Is it as simple as the fact that Ivanka converted to Judaism that we abandon our Middle Eastern policy that has essentially been in place since WW ll? The western Europeans must think we have gone completely mad after they connived and schemed for influence in the Middle East since the Crusades. The Brits in particular must spit up in their tea after following us to Iraq and Afghanistan to see us conduct ourselves as rank amateurs in such a strategic part of the world for them.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Just heard a bit of Nikki Haley's comments at the UN acting as a shill for Netanyahu. Is it as simple as the fact that Ivanka converted to Judaism that we abandon our Middle Eastern policy that has essentially been in place since WW ll? The western Europeans must think we have gone completely mad after they connived and schemed for influence in the Middle East since the Crusades. The Brits in particular must spit up in their tea after following us to Iraq and Afghanistan to see us conduct ourselves as rank amateurs in such a strategic part of the world for them.
John Oliver on Last Week Tonight had a really good segment Sunday about our standing in the world under Trump. It's worth looking up on Youtube.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
John Oliver on Last Week Tonight had a really good segment Sunday about our standing in the world under Trump. It's worth looking up on Youtube.
i saw that last night, like most of his shows in the donny dollhands era, it was simultaneously hilarious and maddening. glad to see the new season. i liked his ending segment about the new national anthem.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Just watched it last night. It would well be worth posting here for those who may be interested.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
our country has long been infected with a strain of evangelical/fundamental ism that is focused on a unified israel, so that the end times will begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.