The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
LOLZ

"But I had a business dispute with Mueller before that. I had a real business dispute. And he's Comey's best friend. And I could give you 100 pictures of him and Comey hugging and kissing each other."
Source: Interview with the Daily Caller
in fact: There are no known photos of Mueller and Comey "hugging and kissing"; after saying he could provide 100 photos, Trump has not provided even one. In addition, there is no evidence that the two former FBI directors are "best friends." Though they do know and like each other, and though it is fair for Trump to argue that it is inappropriate for Mueller to conduct an investigation involving Comey, nobody has produced any kind of proof that they were more than professional associates when both were at the FBI. Comey's lawyer has said: "Jim and Bob are friends in the sense that co-workers are friends. They don't really have a personal relationship. Jim has never been to Bob's house and Bob has never been to Jim's house."

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
While I don't disagree that some of these are awfully pedantic, are you implying that this is something created by the media purely because they dislike trump? If so it seems weird that you are focusing on the list and not the fact that he lies easier than he breathes.
Because he governs by tweet - unprecedented in our history. Some of them are almost maniacal in their obvious illegitimacy.
He has no concerns about truth or facts because, to him and his core, they are whatever he says they are.
He doesn’t hold press conferences because he doesn’t want to answer questions - and his core is OK with that too, not surprisingly. Lemmings don’t need to hear no stupid questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
While I don't disagree that some of these are awfully pedantic, are you implying that this is something created by the media purely because they dislike trump? If so it seems weird that you are focusing on the list and not the fact that he lies easier than he breathes.
it's part of the gish gallop

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
In this next installment of "people voting against their own interests," here's a map of counties most and least affected by China's retaliatory tarrifs in response to Trump's trade war(s).

LINK

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i've been waiting for the burning of mario kart games and the boycott of nintendo since early yesterday. i guess the kavanaugh stuff blowing up in their faces has them off of their game a little bit.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
It was a link off drudge if you’d like to be critical of him too. Source is CNN though so thanks for that.
Sure. Drudge pretty regularly links to false stories and conspiracy theories.

In fact they just got called out for doing it with Kavanaugh’s accuser.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Last edited:

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Sweet Jesus

On Monday, Donald Trump ordered the Justice Department to declassify highly sensitive materials related to an ongoing investigation into his own campaign and administration. Specifically, the president demanded the release of a variety of classified documents related to the FISA warrant application that the FBI submitted to monitor Carter Page; all FBI reports of interviews with senior Justice Department official Bruce Ohr (who communicated with former British spy and “dodgy dossier” author, Christopher Steele); and every text message that James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, and Bruce Ohr ever sent about the Russia investigation. The president stipulated that said text messages were to be made public “without redaction,” ostensibly ordering the Justice Department to disclose sensitive intelligence sources and methods if that is what full transparency requires.This was an audacious exercise of Executive authority, even by Trump’s formidable standards. Not only was the president interfering in an active investigation (in which he has a blatant conflict of interest), he was also potentially jeopardizing the security of American intelligence assets, and/or the comfort that foreign intelligence agencies have in sharing their secrets with the United States. A wide array of intelligence experts and officials voiced their opposition to the move. The Justice Department — which did not receive advance instructions detailing exactly what it was expected to release — immediately signaled its intention to slow-walk the request.
Trump released the documents because his buddies at Fox News asked him to:

I have not reviewed them. I have been asked by many people in Congress as you know to release them. I have watched commentators that I respect begging the president of the United States to release them….I have been asked by so many people that I respect, please — the great Lou Dobbs, the great Sean Hannity, the wonderful great Jeanie Pirro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.