The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Reporting from hurricane ravaged Talibama where this morning I was able to listen in to an exciting conversation where in the span of four sentences I got to overhear two Ya’llhadists speak about how awful the Democrats are for trying to bring down our country - how they should all be run out of Washington & hanged. Also about how sad it is that people aren’t reading the bible enough like in the good ol’ days. President Chosen One looked on proudly from the tv beaming Fox News.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Reporting from hurricane ravaged Talibama where this morning I was able to listen in to an exciting conversation where in the span of four sentences I got to overhear two Ya’llhadists speak about how awful the Democrats are for trying to bring down our country - how they should all be run out of Washington & hanged. Also about how sad it is that people aren’t reading the bible enough like in the good ol’ days. President Chosen One looked on proudly from the tv beaming Fox News.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I have known Cramer for a number of years before his days on CNBC. He made his money front running IPO's during the Dot Com bubble. No genius in that! The rest of the bunch on CNBC are all bought into pitching the market which is the ultimate form of regulated theft on the planet. They all thought that Jack Welch was the greatest CEO of all time while he built the now practically defunct "Roll Up" that was GE. Ultimately it turned out to be an industrial company whose reported profits came from loaning money to high risk borrowers to buy mobile homes. We know how that story ended! Then along came Barack Obama and Elizabeth Warren as his Consumer Protection Czar. Now comes the rest of the story!

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I saw that President Bankrupt wants the Fed to lower rates to zero, or less. I just don't know how fundamental it can be to grasp that borrowing money has to cost. It cost the lender to accumulate the funds to lend. What an idiot !

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I saw that President Bankrupt wants the Fed to lower rates to zero, or less. I just don't know how fundamental it can be to grasp that borrowing money has to cost. It cost the lender to accumulate the funds to lend. What an idiot !
During the boom which started under Obama, the Fed has managed to work in just a bit of cushion to use in the instance of a recession. He wants them to fritter that away. Remember he is the self-styled "King of Debt"...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I have known Cramer for a number of years before his days on CNBC. He made his money front running IPO's during the Dot Com bubble. No genius in that! The rest of the bunch on CNBC are all bought into pitching the market which is the ultimate form of regulated theft on the planet. They all thought that Jack Welch was the greatest CEO of all time while he built the now practically defunct "Roll Up" that was GE. Ultimately it turned out to be an industrial company whose reported profits came from loaning money to high risk borrowers to buy mobile homes. We know how that story ended! Then along came Barack Obama and Elizabeth Warren as his Consumer Protection Czar. Now comes the rest of the story!
jon stewart's interview with him a few years back was very good. below is a link to part 1 of 3

link

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
During the boom which started under Obama, the Fed has managed to work in just a bit of cushion to use in the instance of a recession. He wants them to fritter that away. Remember he is the self-styled "King of Debt"...
When I saw his tweet today I thought about how effectively the system is designed to move wealth from the hands of those who work for a paycheck that has tax and SS withheld to the max. Trump and Congress then go and give corporations and the 1% a huge deficit bomb tax break, then appeal to the Fed to go to negative rates, which is destructive to the purchasing power of consumers by driving down the value of the Dollar and their long term wealth creation through their IRA's invested in treasuries. All of this to fund the deficit they created. It would be expected that this would negatively impact a high majority of Trump voters who are obviously blind to his blatant disregard for the economic well being of the middle class.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
When I saw his tweet today I thought about how effectively the system is designed to move wealth from the hands of those who work for a paycheck that has tax and SS withheld to the max. Trump and Congress then go and give corporations and the 1% a huge deficit bomb tax break, then appeal to the Fed to go to negative rates, which is destructive to the purchasing power of consumers by driving down the value of the Dollar and their long term wealth creation through their IRA's invested in treasuries. All of this to fund the deficit they created. It would be expected that this would negatively impact a high majority of Trump voters who are obviously blind to his blatant disregard for the economic well being of the middle class.
They've done a good job of getting the gullible to vote against their own interests. I'm alternately filled with pity and anger at the scam...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i wish this type of thing surprised me, but it's become the norm

Trump hailed an El Paso shooting survivor as a hero. But his story was fake, police say. - Wapo possible paywall

At a White House ceremony on Monday honoring “heroes” of recent mass shootings, President Trump vividly described the actions of one El Paso man. Chris Grant was “picking out snacks for his kids” inside Walmart, Trump said, when he spotted the shooter and quickly took action.

“Chris grabbed — listen to this — soda bottles and anything else in front of him,” Trump said, “and began hurling them at the gunman, distracting him from the other shoppers and causing the shooter to turn toward Chris and fire at Chris, whereby Chris suffered two very serious gunshot wounds.”

Grant, 50, was wounded in the August shooting, which killed 22 — but the rest of his story doesn’t add up, El Paso police now say. Surveillance video of the massacre showed Grant in “an act of self-preservation, nothing more, nothing less,” police said in a statement on Wednesday...

“Nobody bothered to check with us,” Carrillo told the Examiner. “They would have been informed, as I am telling you now, that our detectives reviewed hours of video and his actions did not match his account.”

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
The GOP didn't just randomly decide to be anti-education.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Additional tax cuts while already running a trillion dollar yearly deficit is utterly ludicrous. :eek:
Don't forget while jawboning his own Fed Chair appointment to lower interest rates to zero or before. And he supposedly graduated from the "Wharton School of Economics"...

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Don't forget while jawboning his own Fed Chair appointment to lower interest rates to zero or before. And he supposedly graduated from the "Wharton School of Economics"...
The stable genius who refused to share his college grades

And for full disclosure, I didn’t graduate cum laude. I graduated thank you laude

Last edited:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I’ve seen social media “friends” advocate for Trump children to succeed him. I find the level of ignorance in this country to be so depressing. My social media needs culling again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.