The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
McCain has a history of standing up to people.
Like Jon said he never backs up those stances. If you want a Republican that does Sasse is probably the only one I can say does.Maybe Paul to an extent. But the point is those like McCain and Graham always fall in line when push comes to shove.

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Like Jon said he never backs up those stances. If you want a Republican that does Sasse is probably the only one I can say does.Maybe Paul to an extent. But the point is those like McCain and Graham always fall in line when push comes to shove.
That was mainly an allusion to his POW days.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
sasse has been fairly quiet recently. i figured paul would be going ballistic about the asset seizure nonsense that the keebler elf has enacted.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
So just how incredibly stupid are these people in the West Wing?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/20/politics/trump-loyalty-sessions-white-house/index.html

it's been clear to me for decades that Trump only gives a damn about Trump and his non Tiffany Kids. These people are now "chilled" by his comments on Sessions?

Morons

Washington (CNN)For President Donald Trump, loyalty in Washington is a one-way street.

Trump's trashing of several of his administration's top justice officials in an interview with The New York Times on Wednesday, including Attorney General Jeff Sessions, is causing deep alarm inside the West Wing, leading some to worry that their loyalty to Trump might not be reciprocated from the man in the Oval Office.
There's also a general sense of bewilderment as to why Trump gave the interview. Health care was the focus of the day. He actually got engaged -- but then this.
"It's chilling," one White House official said.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
So just how incredibly stupid are these people in the West Wing?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/20/politics/trump-loyalty-sessions-white-house/index.html

it's been clear to me for decades that Trump only gives a damn about Trump and his non Tiffany Kids. These people are now "chilled" by his comments on Sessions?

Morons
rubes. i saw a couple of articles where there are a few of the folks (caputo (?) and flynn) who are getting overwhelmed with all of their legal fees. i guess they thought donny would foot the bill.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
rubes. i saw a couple of articles where there are a few of the folks (caputo (?) and flynn) who are getting overwhelmed with all of their legal fees. i guess they thought donny would foot the bill.
Caputo claimed that he had to cash out his kids college funds. I feel bad for the kids if true. They can't help who their Dad works for

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Trump and I are on the same page when it comes to trashing Sessions! Everything else, not so much.

You know what, in all my years of voting I have never once regretted the vote I had cast. Boy do I regret this more and more everyday. From the FCC to the failed healthcare plan, can this administration do anything right? His proposed tax cuts for the 1% are a slap in the face to the middle class that put him in office. Yet, those people, my poor parents included, still blindly support this nincompoop even though he has failed at every turn and/or promise. Boy do I regret this vote. I was never going to vote for HRC and thought voting for one of the other lame duck candidates was pointless. Should have just followed my heart and only voted for the local races and issues while leaving the president boxes blank.

I thought Obama was bad but, jeez, Trump is running circles around him and it hasn't even been a year.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Snopes: Everything liberals have told you about Donald Trump is a lie. (Actually, I can't back that one up; I just wanted to see how many people read the whole post before reacting.)

There are many articles that exist detailing lies and misleading claims made by the Trump administration. This article is intended as a neutral, reliable analysis of the lies, false allegations and misleading claims made about and against Donald Trump since his inauguration in January 2017. We’ve attempted to strip away the hyperbole, name-calling and generalizations, and examine the patterns and trends at work: what characterizes these lies and exaggerations, the effect they have, what might explain them.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
1. The spokesman for Trump's legal team just resigned, reportedly over his reluctance to publicly discredit Mueller. (link)

2. The NYT just reported on this new strategy by the Trump legal team, which may be used to retroactively justify firing Mueller:

Trump Aides, Seeking Leverage, Investigate Mueller’s Investigators

President Trump’s lawyers and aides are scouring the professional and political backgrounds of investigators hired by the special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, looking for conflicts of interest they could use to discredit the investigation — or even build a case to fire Mr. Mueller or get some members of his team recused, according to three people with knowledge of the research effort.
3. And finally, Trump is inquiring whether he has the ability to pardon himself and his family:

Trump team seeks to control, block Mueller’s Russia investigation

Some of President Trump’s lawyers are exploring ways to limit or undercut special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s Russia investigation, building a case against what they allege are his conflicts of interest and discussing the president’s authority to grant pardons, according to people familiar with the effort.

Trump has asked his advisers about his power to pardon aides, family members and even himself in connection with the probe, according to one of those people. A second person said Trump’s lawyers have been discussing the president’s pardoning powers among themselves.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, I always thought that electing him would lead to a constitutional crisis. Looks like he's determined to make sure that comes true. In a way, I hope he tries it. That might be one of the few ways to wake Congress up to what they have on their hands...

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Well, I always thought that electing him would lead to a constitutional crisis. Looks like he's determined to make sure that comes true. In a way, I hope he tries it. That might be one of the few ways to wake Congress up to what they have on their hands...
I think it's pretty clear he will. There's no reason to build a case to publicly discredit Mueller unless you intend to fire him.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
1. The spokesman for Trump's legal team just resigned, reportedly over his reluctance to publicly discredit Mueller. (link)

2. The NYT just reported on this new strategy by the Trump legal team, which may be used to retroactively justify firing Mueller:

Trump Aides, Seeking Leverage, Investigate Mueller’s Investigators

3. And finally, Trump is inquiring whether he has the ability to pardon himself and his family:

Trump team seeks to control, block Mueller’s Russia investigation
remember, everything you have been told is a lie

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i don't really see that happening. team gop is all in.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
saw that coming (and didn't see Charmin's post)

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...g-presidential-pardon-powers-possible-mueller

President Trump's lawyers are looking into the president's authority to grant pardons in connection with the special counsel investigation into Russia's role in the 2016 election, The Washington Post reported Thursday.

Trump himself has talked to advisers about his ability to pardon his aides, family members and himself in the investigations, according to the Post, though one adviser cautioned that the president's inquiries were made in curiosity, rather than in connection to the Russia probes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.