The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The problem I have with those in the GOP who "see the light" is that they ALWAYS wait until they have no skin in the game.

Colin Powell waited until he was a private citizen to issue a mea culpa for the Iraq War.

Mary Cheney waited until she was no longer affiliated with the Bush administration before she criticized the Republicans' position on marriage equality.

All of these GOP senators and congressmen who wait until they are lame ducks or until they are out of office to come to Jesus.

Or like Mitt Romney, who harshly criticized Trump during the campaign, but came with his hat in hand during the transition.

The rest of the true-believers are lost. Unless they come to terms with how much they were fooled.
they generally don't come to terms with it. they just say "yeah but what about the democrats"

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
Why, why on earth did Shumer and Pelosi agree to meet with that moron on live TV and let him lapse into reality TV mode, prancing around and boasting about shutting down the government if he didn't get his wall?
I think to challenge him directly. In real time. In public. To confront him about lying. To goad him into doing precisely what he did: Own any shutdown that happens publicly and say, outright, that he will not blame Democrats for something he did, himself, as he usually does. I know it isn't normal to take this step but this is not a normal Presidency. Clearly, the best way to handle a character like Trump would be to ignore him and not cave to his need for reality show style attention. Alas, he is the President and as such, he holds the nation hostage to his whims and infantile needs. It seems to me Pelosi and Schumer were trying to fight fire with fire, snaring him with his own trap.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
another witch heading to jail

Cohen gets 3 years

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...cing-trump-crimes_us_5c11224ae4b00e17a534f707

“I take full responsibility for each act that I pled guilty to: the personal ones to me and those involving the president of the United States of America,” Cohen reportedly told the judge before his sentencing. He said he had been living “in a personal and mental incarceration ever since the day that I accepted the offer to work for a real estate mogul.”

Responding to a Trump tweet that called him weak, Cohen said that he was weak because “time and time again I felt it was my duty to cover up his dirty deeds.”

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
pretty meaty for a nothingburger
I wonder how Sean Hannity will react to his lawyer getting 3 years in Jail? Hope the Southern District of NY goes after him too

oh yeah, and I should add, for those that forgot, Cohen was also one of the chairs of the RNC Finance committee

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I wonder how Sean Hannity will react to his lawyer getting 3 years in Jail? Hope the Southern District of NY goes after him too

oh yeah, and I should add, for those that forgot, Cohen was also one of the chairs of the RNC Finance committee
was he on the prayer breakfast committee too ;)

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Now AMI (National Enquirer) admits to paying McDougal as a campaign initiative
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump...ymate-hush-payment-to-influence-2016-election

Federal prosecutors announced Wednesday that National Enquirer publisher AMI has entered into a non-prosecution agreement related to the hush-money payment to former Playboy model Karen McDougal. “It has previously reached a non-prosecution agreement with AMI, in connection with AMI’s role in making the above-described $150,000 payment before the 2016 presidential election,” the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York said in a statement. “As a part of the agreement, AMI admitted that it made the $150,000 payment in concert with a candidate’s presidential campaign, and in order to ensure that the woman did not publicize damaging allegations about the candidate before the 2016 presidential election. AMI further admitted that its principal purpose in making the payment was to suppress the woman’s story so as to prevent it from influencing the election.”

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think to challenge him directly. In real time. In public. To confront him about lying. To goad him into doing precisely what he did: Own any shutdown that happens publicly and say, outright, that he will not blame Democrats for something he did, himself, as he usually does. I know it isn't normal to take this step but this is not a normal Presidency. Clearly, the best way to handle a character like Trump would be to ignore him and not cave to his need for reality show style attention. Alas, he is the President and as such, he holds the nation hostage to his whims and infantile needs. It seems to me Pelosi and Schumer were trying to fight fire with fire, snaring him with his own trap.
I've seen more footage now and it's obvious they were sandbagged. At first, I thought they should have just walked out. However, they made an instant decision, without verbal communication, to give him rope. I thought they played him beautifully, as he spun out of control. I'm sure his 39% was enthralled...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I've seen more footage now and it's obvious they were sandbagged. At first, I thought they should have just walked out. However, they made an instant decision, without verbal communication, to give him rope. I thought they played him beautifully, as he spun out of control. I'm sure his 39% was enthralled...
well, they are uniquely capable of seeing the big picture ;)

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Brietbart (I won't link bc I wont give them traffic) is reporting that Trump "tricked pelosi and schumer into owning the the border crisis in the oval office meeting"

These people simply believe what they are told. There is no thought involved

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
https://qz.com/1493627/michael-cohen-gave-valuable-information-about-trumps-russia-links/

Among the many worrying statements for Donald Trump to come from his former attorney Michael Cohen’s sentencing today was the following: Cohen gave “credible” and “valuable information” about “any links between a campaign and a foreign government.”

The statement came from Jeannie Rhee, a prosecutor in special counsel Robert Mueller’s office, which is currently probing links between the 2016 Trump presidential campaign and Russia.

Rhee was reportedly tight-lipped about what exactly Cohen provided. “There’s only so much we can say about the particulars at this time, given our ongoing investigation,” she said, according to Courthouse News, adding that “Mr. Cohen has sought to tell us the truth.”

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
The problem I have with those in the GOP who "see the light" is that they ALWAYS wait until they have no skin in the game.

Colin Powell waited until he was a private citizen to issue a mea culpa for the Iraq War.

Mary Cheney waited until she was no longer affiliated with the Bush administration before she criticized the Republicans' position on marriage equality.

All of these GOP senators and congressmen who wait until they are lame ducks or until they are out of office to come to Jesus.

Or like Mitt Romney, who harshly criticized Trump during the campaign, but came with his hat in hand during the transition.

The rest of the true-believers are lost. Unless they come to terms with how much they were fooled.
They weren’t fooled. They knew exactly what they were getting.
A judiciary packed with conservatives (incomplete atm), massive tax cuts for the rich and they hoped the destruction of the ACA.
They sold their souls to get it and they will pay dearly for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.