The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
That is so true. In the last few weeks I have begun to see the booming business of tours to Israel covering Revelations. I have been amazed at the numbers of people who accept this in such a literal sense.
Only those who don't know how to study/interpret the Bible :biggrin2: and go to the evangelical talking heads for the spiritual feast.

Started to put this in blue but then decided not to do so.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Both sides have their talking points. I haven't experienced anything you describe though and most of my family(extended and church) support Trump. I've been pleasantly surprised as a Northeast liberal how he has governed. I really didn't have high hopes and he has more than surpassed them. The democrats appear to have jettisoned any sense of moderation and have gone bat-crap crazy. They'll probably be a Jeb-like challenger on the GOP side but they won't stand a chance. Anything could happen but it looks like 2020 is locked up already. Question is only if it will be a repeat of 2016 or landslide 1972/1984 proportions.
Seriously? He is no more a Northeast liberal than he is a right wing, heart of dixie, evangelical conservative. Trump's political and religious leanings are simply what best suits his needs at the time. I do not believe he has any religious or political beliefs, just the belief that he wants to accumulate wealth and power at any cost to the citizens of our country and those of our foreign allies. He is a text book sociopath.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Both sides have their talking points. I haven't experienced anything you describe though and most of my family(extended and church) support Trump. I've been pleasantly surprised as a Northeast liberal how he has governed. I really didn't have high hopes and he has more than surpassed them. The democrats appear to have jettisoned any sense of moderation and have gone bat-crap crazy. They'll probably be a Jeb-like challenger on the GOP side but they won't stand a chance. Anything could happen but it looks like 2020 is locked up already. Question is only if it will be a repeat of 2016 or landslide 1972/1984 proportions.
I think 2020 will come down to who wins Pennsylvania.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
the extent of all of this type of thinking finally dawned on me in the beginning of w's iraq war. i had a lot of family explaining to me how that war was fulfilling prophecy. god was using the u.s. and our military to manifest his will on earth. like with a lot of this stuff, it was coming from the pulpit, from james dobson (focus on the family), jerry falwell, etc. there is/was an entire cottage industry pushing this stuff. i am sure there are ties to amway as well ;)

currently, robert jefferies, head pastor at fbc dallas i think, is doing a lot of the heavy lifting (and making a lot of bank doing it)
you know who owns Amway right?

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
The excitement at the prospect of Damascus being destroyed and all that carnage coming to pass being a good things was quite disconcerting.
That's worse than the excitement at the prospect of an American president being a Russian spy.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Seriously? He is no more a Northeast liberal than he is a right wing, heart of dixie, evangelical conservative. Trump's political and religious leanings are simply what best suits his needs at the time. I do not believe he has any religious or political beliefs, just the belief that he wants to accumulate wealth and power at any cost to the citizens of our country and those of our foreign allies. He is a text book sociopath.
The actions of a righteous Christian, indeed.
https://apple.news/ALaE35fF6ShuppwyCT-OWgw

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Does Trump or his campaign reimburse the government for expenses (air force 1, logistics etc) for rallies like last nights in Grand Rapids which are purely political?

In fairness, were Obama rallies reimbursed?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
White House whistleblower says 25 security clearance denials were reversed during Trump administration - WaPo paywall

something, something both sides. but hey, at least the libs are getting pwned.

A White House whistleblower told lawmakers that more than two dozen denials for security clearances have been overturned during the Trump administration, calling Congress her “last hope” for addressing what she considers improper conduct that has left the nation’s secrets exposed.

Tricia Newbold, a longtime White House security adviser, told the House Oversight and Reform Committee that she and her colleagues issued “dozens” of denials for security clearance applications that were later approved despite their concerns about blackmail, foreign influence or other red flags, according to panel documents released Monday.

Newbold, an 18-year veteran of the security clearance process who has served under both Republican and Democratic presidents, said she warned her superiors that clearances “were not always adjudicated in the best interest of national security” — and was retaliated against for doing so.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Wasn't security of classified information a huge concern with Clinton's email server, according to the same people shrugging off 4-5 "very serious" security risks currently walking around in Trump's administration?

Nah, can't be. I must be misremembering.

Last edited:

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Wasn't security of classified information a huge concern with Clinton's email server, according to the same people shrugging of 4-5 "very serious" security risks currently walking around in Trump's administration?

Nah, can't be. I must be misremembering.
You forget that Hillary was already guilty of trying to be Secretary of State while having a horrifying pre existing condition of being female. It makes anything she does way worse because she was ignoring all the mansplaining that her betters were doing while trying to help her out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.