The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
If Trump wins reelection I'll hopefully be in Cali or another country. Certainly can't take another 4 years living so close to DC with this guy as president.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
The topic has come up, even with us oldsters. I have one daughter in France and one in San Francisco, which may as well be a foreign country...
my nephew is in University in Switzerland and has figured out a path to EU Citizenship through tracing family routes to Italy. He should have his EU Passport shortly then my family will follow. I've also started interacting with some of my corporate offices in the EU as a contingency for work.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
i do hold out some hope that it will go the way of gay marriage. there was a 24-7 puke funnel of "christians" spewing the most vile and vicious stuff you can imagine for years and years (this was a wingnut rallying point in the early-mid 2000s) and now we hear very little about it.

we have already seen multiple murders and attempted murders by his supporters and the dog-whistling has stopped with nasty stuff now being said openly and proudly, basically daring anyone to call it out. i hope it doesn't take too much more for enough people to make the swing back towards basic decency, but it's not looking like that is the case any time soon though.
I've tried to stay out of commenting in this thread because I don't talk politics or religion but some of you 7 or 8 have consistently lumped all conservative leaning people in as a Trumpy and called us about every name you can get away with and that includes "moderators" and now you hope it swings back towards basic decency. If what I've seen in this thread the few times I've looked in is basic decency then everyone should know why the Executive branch can't get anything done whether a Republican or Democrat is in office nor can people even get along. I've seen enough to know that you in no way care what a conservative thinks nor do you offer any solution to the problems America faces. Yes, DJT is an idiot and how in the hell he got elected I don't know. His first attempt at running for president should have warned sane people off but when you are so full of yourself that all others are wrong then you are no better than the so called Trump supporters. I'm done with this but these last little posts sort of frosted the glass so to speak. Get over yourselves, not every conservative is blind to his antics nor like it. What do you want them to say, oh you liberals as so right. LOL That would make me one wouldn't it?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I've tried to stay out of commenting in this thread because I don't talk politics or religion but some of you 7 or 8 have consistently lumped all conservative leaning people in as a Trumpy and called us about every name you can get away with and that includes "moderators" and now you hope it swings back towards basic decency. If what I've seen in this thread the few times I've looked in is basic decency then everyone should know why the Executive branch can't get anything done whether a Republican or Democrat is in office nor can people even get along. I've seen enough to know that you in no way care what a conservative thinks nor do you offer any solution to the problems America faces. Yes, DJT is an idiot and how in the hell he got elected I don't know. His first attempt at running for president should have warned sane people off but when you are so full of yourself that all others are wrong then you are no better than the so called Trump supporters. I'm done with this but these last little posts sort of frosted the glass so to speak. Get over yourselves, not every conservative is blind to his antics nor like it. What do you want them to say, oh you liberals as so right. LOL That would make me one wouldn't it?
i've never lumped all conservatives in as trumpies. i usually put the number around 85% or so. but if it bothers you so bad, maybe direct some of your displeasure at the very large majority of your fellow conservatives who brought us to this point and voted for this douche bag (that is how he got elected). none of the things that trump is doing are new, this stuff has been fodder for talk radio/fox news/tea party patriots for decades. he's just saying it out loud and apparently speaking for a lot of conservatives seeing that his approval among them ticked up after his go back to your own country comments.

and calling out racists, misogynists, homophobes, etc. for doing racist, misogynist, homophobic etc. things does not make one just as bad as they are. we covered all of this in the old civility thread.

but please feel free to lump me however you wish.

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
So just to be clear, the line for you to comment on a political post is NOT when a blatant racist is elected president or after that president has made tons of racist comments but instead when you feel you are being lumped into as a Trump conservative by some people on a mostly sports related internet forum?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I disagree strongly that any moderator has called any member "names." Set out the examples or, if you prefer, PM me with them. Now, get this straight. I'm an independent who used to be a Republican, an independent with strong libertarian leanings. Last year I contributed to two Republican campaigns and two Democratic campaigns. When someone declares to me their label, I always ask where their money goes. That's the real litmus test. If they say they can't afford it, then they've told me far more than they realize. I'm a lawyer with a lawyer's understanding of what danger Trump poses to the republic. I am, and always have been never, ever Trump. Now, crawl out from behind your pulpit. No one granted it to you and you didn't earn it...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You know, if you haven't read this article, you owe it to yourself to do so:

Vox

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Yep, there was plenty of evidence of the kind of person that Trump is way before he ever announced a run for President. I remember watching a documentary about Trump on Netflix years before his campaign about how he ruthlessly bought private property and ruined community in Scotland just to build a golf course. Called "You've Been Trumped" (2011). Plenty of other docs out there as well, older ones that weren't made because he's now president. He's more like a mob boss than a business man and it's been like this for decades.

I will never understand why and how Christians chose this man to latch on to. I honestly, call into question any Christian's faith who claims to support Trump, this includes folks in my family, some of which have worked in the church. A true person of God cannot support this kind of behavior.

But...

Democrats are already making the same stupid mistakes they made last time. They are playing his game again. They are focusing only on what Trump does and says and are still constantly insulting the right. That is the kind of crap that alienated those folks 3 years ago and got Trump elected.

The split vote on impeachment tells me everything I need to know, we are going to be stuck with Trump for another term because, not even Dems can rally together to take this man down.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
You know, if you haven't read this article, you owe it to yourself to do so:

Vox
Interesting article, thanks. To clarify a couple of things on my above post. I have no need to call out his snide racist's remarks in a thread, it's pretty obvious from the start. I posted my displeasure because I do drop in from time to time to check out links posted only to run across "cretins, deplorable, stupid, etc." normally referring to anyone on the right and lets not forget Nazi and fascist mixed in there. I posted on 92's as that was last post and the return to civility after the uncivil posts I have seen was a little contradictory to me, it was nothing personal. I'm not thin skinned so I normally just ignore it.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Interesting article, thanks. To clarify a couple of things on my above post. I have no need to call out his snide racist's remarks in a thread, it's pretty obvious from the start. I posted my displeasure because I do drop in from time to time to check out links posted only to run across "cretins, deplorable, stupid, etc." normally referring to anyone on the right and lets not forget Nazi and fascist mixed in there. I posted on 92's as that was last post and the return to civility after the uncivil posts I have seen was a little contradictory to me, it was nothing personal. I'm not thin skinned so I normally just ignore it.
just for the record, i was not making a call for a general return to civility. when i was saying return to decency, i was referring to the increasing willingness of the current gop to go all in with supporting and excusing brazen racism and white nationalism which i find fundamentally indecent.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
There used to be only "2-3" of them that were complained about back in the Obama/Bush days and I had my fair share of arguments with a couple of them. Unfortunately a few of us in the middle are complaining about him now and it's cute that we now get lumped in as dirty leftists too.

I've seen Earle complain about Trump a lot lately. Hard to image him as an Auburn fan. :rolleyes:
a year and a half later, we are now up to 7-8 of us. we are making progress

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Breaking news............President Donald Trump in a news conference today made it official that he has decided to alter the immigration policy. The new policy will be to welcome immigrants (except muslims) into the US with open arms. For every ten immigrants to be welcomed into the country, one hollywood celebrity, one politician, and one lawyer will be deported. As President Trump said, "This is a win win situation for the USA". There was outrage from other countries around the world as they received the news of this change. Juan Orlando Hernandez, President of Honduras, had this statement after reading the new policy, "If President Trump thinks he can deport his undesirables to Honduras, He's got another thought coming"........more on this story later.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I could be wrong, but most of us who post in this thread have never accused all conservatives or all Republicans of being Trump loyalists. Our problem is with Trump, his sycophants, his cult followers, and the Republican Party in Congress. I believe he is morally bankrupt, is using race and hatred to divide our country, and is personally profiting off the backs of the American taxpayer. It really is not about Republican vs Democrats, liberal vs conservative, it is about what is morally right or wrong.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I’d be more than happy to have a friendly discussion with conservatives who aren’t on the Trump bandwagon. Where are they ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
a year and a half later, we are now up to 7-8 of us. we are making progress
Man you just had to show me where they epic word dump that I missed was didn't you? :biggrin2:

You may be smarter. You may be. But, since you and your buddies like to call people "stupid", "morons", etc....whenever you have trouble arguing any point where it doesn't go your way, tells me that for all of your "learnin" and "edumacation" -- you really don't understand much. You and your buddies -- confuse being "loud" with being "right". Or being "rude" with being "right". Or making it "personal" -- constantly.....

The fact that there are only about 5-6 of you -- that post over and over and over and over and over saying the same thing over and over and over and over -- and then you all laugh, like you are the smartest 5-6 of you on the planet is pretty funny.

It's like you all got together and said, "let's form a club and tell each other how right we are" -- like the ladies of a new TV show "Housewives of tidefans.com"

At least, seebell -- is quite likable, and loves a valid debate. The rest of you.....(heavy sigh) I sure wish you were Auburn fans
;)
One complains about posters taking things too personal in paragraph 1 and then goes full personal in the last line.... But then again this is the same person that believes that I am the 3rd most negative poster on here and that You are only fishing for Likes.

But to the real point... I think most people if they didn't realize it before they realize it now, that Trump is just a billionaire (not by his doing but we have to ignore the facts for our Trumper posters) that doesn't care for the people wasting their grocery and gas money to go vote for him. Trumpers are the most thin skinned people I have met in my lifetime, and they love the word "snowflake". But I do think there are true conservatives left, but I think there a so heavily surrounded by Trumpers that you can only barely hear their cries for help.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Man you just had to show me where they epic word dump that I missed was didn't you? :biggrin2:

One complains about posters taking things too personal in paragraph 1 and then goes full personal in the last line.... But then again this is the same person that believes that I am the 3rd most negative poster on here and that You are only fishing for Likes.

But to the real point... I think most people if they didn't realize it before they realize it now, that Trump is just a billionaire (not by his doing but we have to ignore the facts for our Trumper posters) that doesn't care for the people wasting their grocery and gas money to go vote for him. Trumpers are the most thin skinned people I have met in my lifetime, and they love the word "snowflake". But I do think there are true conservatives left, but I think there a so heavily surrounded by Trumpers that you can only barely hear their cries for help.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
At least, seebell -- is quite likable, and loves a valid debate.
If this doesn't get me TideFans Member of the Year nothing will:)

I will say that some of our brethren are too personal in their disagreements with others. I think we all should try to do better. Honey and flies etc.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
At least, seebell -- is quite likable, and loves a valid debate. The rest of you.....(heavy sigh) I sure wish you were Auburn fans.

seebell maybe likable (debatable), but remember he is a communist and an auburn fan. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.