Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
"I thought it would be easier"

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-100days-idUSKBN17U0CA

He misses driving, feels as if he is in a cocoon, and is surprised how hard his new job is.

President Donald Trump on Thursday reflected on his first 100 days in office with a wistful look at his life before the White House.

"I loved my previous life. I had so many things going," Trump told Reuters in an interview. "This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier."

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I never said meddling with federal courts is unprecedented. But there's a slight difference between FDR trying to expand SCOTUS in the hope that the proportion of "favorable" opinions will increase, and Trump threatening to simply disband a court that doesn't rule the way he wants. I don't use the term fascist lightly, but I think any more generous descriptor understates the threat he's made.
I don't think Hitler or Mussolini even knew what true fascism was so I really doubt any of us could identify the true minimums that a fascist regime has that any other authoritarian government doesn't. Really try to distinguish the difference between the Russians and the Germans in the mid 1930's and you will have a very difficult time comparing life under Stalin and Hitler.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-tried-to-warn-you?via=desktop&source=twitter

Donald Trump’s presidency is nearly 100 days old, and it feels more like 1,000.
Watching him preside over the United States for 100 days is akin to dealing with a newborn baby for three months. The late nights, unpredictability, the constant need for attention, the crying—it’s an eerie parallel. More importantly, if Trump’s first three months and change in office are an indicator of what’s to come, it provides a measure of satisfaction to those of us who warned this would happen.
The “Never Trump” Republicans were united by a pledge never to support his candidacy—one that was based on his behavior, his past, and our deep fears about that he would do if ever occupied the Oval Office. Those fears are now playing out.
More than once, we thought voters might come to their senses, and somebody like Marco Rubio or even Ted Cruz would start winning primary races. The Trump Train chugged along, racking up win after win until it was only Trump and Cruz with Ohio Governor John Kasich following along like a small yapping dog suffering from separation anxiety. The Trump fan base, who managed over a period of months to morph from supporters into cult-like followers, slammed the Never-Trump movement at every opportunity, reveling in their short-sightedness so they could point and cackle, “Haha! You loser Never-Trumpers got it wrong!”

It is true that we whistled past the graveyard on Trump being the nominee and nearly every prognosticator outside the circle of Trump got it wrong on the general election results. That said, the same people who paid off their Vegas bookies after losing those bets are currently sitting back thinking, “We warned you this would happen.”
“This” being his train wreck of an administration through the first 100 days.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
he is brilliant enough that he figured that one out himself. if that lightweight obama could do it, he could do it bigly better
I think that is part of it, I also blame the twitterverse for all the positive reinforcement on his "better ideas" every time he came up with a bumper sticker deep "solution" as a response to a perceived Obama shortfall

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think that is part of it, I also blame the twitterverse for all the positive reinforcement on his "better ideas" every time he came up with a bumper sticker deep "solution" as a response to a perceived Obama shortfall
well, his target audience has been prepped for 25+ years to think like that. it's what gave us cleek's law

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
saw this a bit ago:

Approval at 100 days (Gallup)
JFK: 83%
Nixon: 62%
Carter: 63%
Reagan: 68%
Bush: 56%
Clinton: 55%
W Bush: 62%
Obama: 65%
Trump yesterday: 39%

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
https://news.fastcompany.com/its-friday-so-why-not-apply-for-a-membership-tomar-a-lago-4036034

If you're looking to play a few rounds of golf and hobnob with the president this summer, today is your lucky day. A new website is offering membership "applications" to Donald Trump's favorite Florida estate and private club. Why? "Because you're already paying for it," say the anonymous folks behind mar.alago.me. The website got some attention this morning after a few journalists tweeted that they received a mysterious envelope and application in the mail. The site is a joke, but with a serious point to make. It includes links to several stories about Mar-a-Lago's security issues, its cost to taxpayers, and how it's used to pedal political influence. Check it out here—or just go ahead an apply now.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
on some level, it's a chicken and egg question

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
saw this a bit ago:

Approval at 100 days (Gallup)
JFK: 83%
Nixon: 62%
Carter: 63%
Reagan: 68%
Bush: 56%
Clinton: 55%
W Bush: 62%
Obama: 65%
Trump yesterday: 39%

I keep seeing liberals harp on this, but being President is not a popularity contest. Otherwise, we would just let the person who got the most votes be president.

; )

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.