The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Did they also arrest the people who hired the undocumented immigrants? My employer required me to submit proof I was a legal resident before they would let me start working for them. Is this chicken plant exempt from that law?

It is conjecture of course but I would venture that there is not an industrial sized meat or poultry processing plant in the US that does not employ undocumented immigrants. We know for example that Trump Companies certainly does employ undocumented immigrants. One way that large international companies with operations in the US skirt document requirements is to hire contract labor whereby the contract agency has the responsibility for documentation. One can only imagine the arcane ownership of these contract organizations in order to limit their legal exposure.

Hiring undocumented workers at below the prevailing wage represents a huge business in the US and ultimately we will find that the economy cannot run without a very large supply of basically manual labor.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Nightly News said that Koch Foods had no connection with the Koch Brothers.
it's hard to keep up with all of the kochs screwing people over these days.

regardless of ownership, this reeks of government using it's police power to keep cheap migrant labor in line for the owners. we have a long history of this in the u.s.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Serious question here:

Can anyone actually name me one single deal that Donald Trump ever actually oversaw that ever did anything positive?

Seriously.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Serious question here:

Can anyone actually name me one single deal that Donald Trump ever actually oversaw that ever did anything positive?

Seriously.
That is an excellent question. I don't have an answer...
After you read this list of accomplishments, y'all will change your tune. This is from an official government website which certainly lends to its credibility. If this doesn't make you want to vote for DJ Trump nothing will.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-administration-accomplishments/

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I honestly see nothing worthwhile that was his doing.
The buck stops at the top Bamaro. Get the blame and get the credit. haha. I don't like many of those "accomplishments" either but imagine a Trump supporter seeing that list and gushing " he is the GOAT"

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
After you read this list of accomplishments, y'all will change your tune. This is from an official government website which certainly lends to its credibility. If this doesn't make you want to vote for DJ Trump nothing will.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-administration-accomplishments/
I mean, to me it's as mindless as when folks called OJ's lawyers "the Dream Team." There was exactly ONE phenomenal lawyer on that team, F Lee Bailey. The other guys had lost something like 80% of their cases that went to trial, and Shapiro was known for getting rather generous plea bargains and avoiding court altogether. I'm not saying that makes them "bad" lawyers, but it does not make them the kind of people who can pull rabbits out of hats, either.

I think it's fair to ask - given what CAN be established - what actual deals has this guy ever done?

He wrote a book with the title "The Art of the Deal" (more precisely, someone else wrote it under his name), and he got a rep in the media as a deal maker...but what deals did he make?

Did he solve the baseball strike(s)? No.

Did he solve the air traffic controllers strike? No.

Did he somehow have a sit down with many principals and solve some sort of brewing civil war among the Five Families or something?

What actual deals do we have on paper or evidence this guy EVER made?

We can establish that he doesn't pay bills (repeatedly).

We can't even establish via his tax returns that he has EVER at ANY time been an actual billionaire, either.

So "what deals has he made" should have been a basic question by the press early in the campaign. While I don't suspect he would have provided a coherent answer or that it would have really mattered to the Cult, I think that's what journalism is supposed to be.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1160581665347031040

Says a lot when our "healthy" economy/country is so strong that it requires a huge class of guards and cops to basically stave off an immediate collapse.

Jobs in a free economy are not created unless it is profitable or prevents more loss than it creates. It says to me that hiring security guards saves more money than security guards cost.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I would like to see data showing that 25% of jobs in this country are some form of cops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.