The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
You forget that Hillary was already guilty of trying to be Secretary of State while having a horrifying pre existing condition of being female. It makes anything she does way worse because she was ignoring all the mansplaining that her betters were doing while trying to help her out.
The example of Condoleeza Rice says you are wrong about that.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
The example of Condoleeza Rice says you are wrong about that.
The example of those on the right giving nicknames to attempt to belittle charismatic female opponents outweighs Condi Rice as a valid example.

Warren - Pocahontas
Clinton - Shrillery
AOC - not so much a nickname but more of a constant drumbeat of vitriol

There are plenty more, but those are just examples from the President of the US. Not like he has any real influence anyways. I guess those ladies should just be glad they aren’t handicapped too, as that would have made them an even juicier target.

Look I get it, whenever race or sexism are called on the GOP, they trot out Condi Rice as proof of “hey I have a black female friend, we can’t possibly be racist or sexist.”

The track record of women appointed during at least the Trump and Bush 2 administrations is further proof.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
First Trump wants to repeal the ACA, thereby removing the prohibition against pre-existing condition penalties and kicking millions off healthcare altogether. Then Mitch tells him this idea is politically stupid, since they just lost an election over healthcare.

Now Trump backpedals, lies about his intentions, and says that he'll defer any healthcare debate until after the 2020. In doing so, he tacitly admits that the GOP plan will be so incredibly unpopular again (if there even is a plan after repeal) that he won't even tell us what it is until right after the election: LINK

Unfortunately, about 30% of the population will be dumb enough to fall for this, and then be surprised when the GOP takes away their health coverage and replaces it with nothing.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
First Trump wants to repeal the ACA, thereby removing the prohibition against pre-existing condition penalties and kicking millions off healthcare altogether. Then Mitch tells him this idea is politically stupid, since they just lost an election over healthcare.

Now Trump backpedals, lies about his intentions, and says that he'll defer any healthcare debate until after the 2020. In doing so, he tacitly admits that the GOP plan will be so incredibly unpopular again (if there even is a plan after repeal) that he won't even tell us what it is until right after the election: LINK

Unfortunately, about 30% of the population will be dumb enough to fall for this, and then be surprised when the GOP takes away their health coverage and replaces it with nothing.
unfortunately, i think the number will be greater than 30%

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
unfortunately, i think the number will be greater than 30%
It's like the log cabin republicans claiming, "but he held up a rainbow flag!" right before he banned transgender service members from the military. But, in fairness, how could they have known?

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
It's like the log cabin republicans claiming, "but he held up a rainbow flag!" right before he banned transgender service members from the military. But, in fairness, how could they have known?
Well you know the saying:

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me 112230981324098123098123 times, shame on the liberal main stream media.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
It's a backpedal, but the end result is still the same--Health automatically becomes a major issue for the 2020 election, and the GOP will still be saddled with their trainwreck attempts at repeal.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
It's a backpedal, but the end result is still the same--Health automatically becomes a major issue for the 2020 election, and the GOP will still be saddled with their trainwreck attempts at repeal.
And many of its base won't care because they are either already on medicare or medicaid and don't want no socialized medicine in `Murica.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Wouldn't it just be the damnedest if Trump was taken down by actual crimes he commits all the time rather than made up ones from a washed up Brit intel contractor.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
That junk(ACA) got rammed down our throats in the dark of night with a bunch of shady dealing for enough votes for it barely to pass on a 100% purely partisan basis. Most of the people who voted for it lost their following elections. Just rip it out, there's so much administrative state language in it with the secretary shall... in it. Why can't we get insurance across state lines opened up, tort reform, and catastrophic plans for low-income folks cheaper than anything we have now? Oh and deport everyone that comes into an ER and isn't legally here running up healthcare bills.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
That junk(ACA) got rammed down our throats in the dark of night with a bunch of shady dealing for enough votes for it barely to pass on a 100% purely partisan basis. Most of the people who voted for it lost their following elections. Just rip it out, there's so much administrative state language in it with the secretary shall... in it. Why can't we get insurance across state lines opened up, tort reform, and catastrophic plans for low-income folks cheaper than anything we have now? Oh and deport everyone that comes into an ER and isn't legally here running up healthcare bills.
A number of reforms are needed. There's no doubt about that. Ripping up the entire system would be too disruptive, however. It's time to make things work, whatever that takes within reason. The ACA is far from perfect. Instead of destroying all we have let's make it better.

As for the ER quip - I don't know who is going to be doing the job you want done or how inconvenienced and outraged you will be when it affects you and yours, but it's a ridiculous proposal on many levels. I'm not checking papers and I'm not allowing anyone else (ICE, CBP, local cops) to do it either.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
A number of reforms are needed. There's no doubt about that. Ripping up the entire system would be too disruptive, however. It's time to make things work, whatever that takes within reason. The ACA is far from perfect. Instead of destroying all we have let's make it better.

As for the ER quip - I don't know who is going to be doing the job you want done or how inconvenienced and outraged you will be when it affects you and yours, but it's a ridiculous proposal on many levels. I'm not checking papers and I'm not allowing anyone else (ICE, CBP, local cops) to do it either.
Right why would we enforce our laws and borders. Nevermind :rolleyes:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Right why would we enforce our laws and borders. Nevermind :rolleyes:
The ER is not a border and it's not my job to enforce it or any other law that does not pertain directly to the requirements of my job or the safety of anyone there.

It is my job to protect privacy. I will do that with vigor, as always.

You mean the one democrats funded in 2006 and RINOs like McCain ran on during election season, that wall? Oh they must have been lying.
You mistake me for someone who cares what anyone did in 2006 or 2008. I supported a wall back then. I have lived and learned since then. What anyone supported then does not matter. What anyone supported then is not an argument for the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.