The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Weird how that pro-white anti-gay thing keeps coming up.
Since he brings up Zionist... Netanyahu has met six times with Putin. Iran is in all of this somewhere and Putin is seeking another leverage opportunity in the Middle East as the strange bedfellows of Saudi Arabia, Israel and the US right wing look to cripple and subvert the government of Iran.

Not quite the picture he was attempting to paint!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
At least Putin clarified that he’s not a dictator - Russia is a democracy, just like America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I’d respect these opinions so much more if they had any level of consistency. They act like they have this tremendous love of country and that we should defend at all cost. Yet I’m sure that if I dug just a little I could find so much hypocrisy in previous opinions.

Trump is definitely a loose cannon trying to shake things up. I’ve never seen any signs that he hates the country. He loves himself and is trying to prove something. That he is the best ever....and he has a warped way of wanting to prove that.

But all of these liberal doves who wanted our foreign policy to be “bend over and take it” before the election now want to declare war on Russia? Geez... grow up. You don’t want to declare war on Russia and you know it. You want to declare war on Trump and as soon as he’s gone.....you will fall right back into Tiny Tim mode.....

The faux foreign policy outrage is sad.

And just saying “I was wrong” six years ago when Obama was Putin’s lap dog doesn’t cut it. ...Most liberals were excusing it and defending O to now having the stance “I was wrong then but I’m right now” ...... damages your cause.

People crave consistency......which is why most politicians fail to alter the status quo once they arrive in DC. This guy decides he will rock the boat daily and people are freaking out.

If he broke the law impeach him. If he did so with the intent to harm the country, arrest him. And do it with my blessing. But the faux outrage grandstanding really sucks and will end up propelling him back into the White House.

If we don’t want that, then get !Mueller to wrap this bad boy up quick and do what he has to do.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I don't want war with Russia and I'm fine with diplomatic talks with them or even attempting to improve the relationship. What I'm not okay with is our President choosing to believe the Russian prez in lieu of our US intelligence services, the US House and the US Senate.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I’d respect these opinions so much more if they had any level of consistency. They act like they have this tremendous love of country and that we should defend at all cost. Yet I’m sure that if I dug just a little I could find so much hypocrisy in previous opinions.
Trump is definitely a loose cannon trying to shake things up. I’ve never seen any signs that he hates the country. He loves himself and is trying to prove something. That he is the best ever....and he has a warped way of wanting to prove that.
But all of these liberal doves who wanted our foreign policy to be “bend over and take it” before the election now want to declare war on Russia? Geez... grow up. You don’t want to declare war on Russia and you know it. You want to declare war on Trump and as soon as he’s gone.....you will fall right back into Tiny Tim mode.....
And just saying “I was wrong” six years ago when Obama was Putin’s lap dog doesn’t cut it. ...Most liberals were excusing it and defending O to now having the stance “I was wrong then but I’m right now” ...... damages your cause.
People crave consistency......which is why most politicians fail to alter the status quo once they arrive in DC. This guy decides he will rock the boat daily and people are freaking out.
If he broke the law impeach him. If he did so with the intent to harm the country, arrest him. And do it with my blessing. But the faux outrage grandstanding really sucks and will end up propelling him back into the White House.
If we don’t want that, then get !Mueller to wrap this bad boy up quick and do what he has to do.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017

I don't disagree in general with the way you characterize the foreign policy of liberals. We have Mogadishu, Bosnia, and Benghazi as good examples of ineffective foreign policy. On the other hand we have Beirut, The Cole, the Trade Center bombing, Afghanistan and Iraq. It would be difficult to gain debate points on foreign policy effectiveness of either party although I agree with your suspicion of turning foreign policy over to the left.

The part where I do disagree with you on is your consistent belief that Trump somehow has a strategy around the day to day chaos that surrounds him. My experience tells me that he is a man that is so completely unprepared in intellectual and behavioral terms to be in any public position let alone be POTUS.

He is as a child being drug toward a small set of objectives by special interest that have very little to do with what is in the best long term interest of the US.

In hearing his constant return to Hillary Clinton's emails, even yesterday following the meeting with Putin I am reminded of Wylis in the Game of Thrones Hodor, Hodor, Hodor.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't disagree in general with the way you characterize the foreign policy of liberals. We have Mogadishu, Bosnia, and Benghazi as good examples of ineffective foreign policy. On the other hand we have Beirut, The Cole, the Trade Center bombing, Afghanistan and Iraq. It would be difficult to gain debate points on foreign policy effectiveness of either party although I agree with your suspicion of turning foreign policy over to the left.

The part where I do disagree with you on is your consistent belief that Trump somehow has a strategy around the day to day chaos that surrounds him. My experience tells me that he is a man that is so completely unprepared in intellectual and behavioral terms to be in any public position let alone be POTUS.

He is as a child being drug toward a small set of objectives by special interest that have very little to do with what is in the best long term interest of the US.

In hearing his constant return to Hillary Clinton's emails, even yesterday following the meeting with Putin I am reminded of Wylis in the Game of Thrones Hodor, Hodor, Hodor.
Chaos is a ladder

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...resident-acting-on-behalf-of-a-hostile-power/

We are past the point when Trump’s conduct — which leaves future elections wide open to Russian manipulation — can be ascribed to his unwillingness to do anything that will tarnish his glorious victory. It is true but insufficient to point out that that Trump’s unwillingness to acknowledge the Russian attack on America is putting his own interests above the country’s.

Even if Trump were thinking only in terms of his own political survival — his usual mode — he would be tougher on Putin, because he must realize that kowtowing to the Russian only strengthens suspicions of collusion. But Trump just cannot bring himself to do it. Is that because he hopes for more aid from Putin in the future — or because he is afraid of what Putin can reveal about him? Either way, he gives every impression of betraying his oath of office.
QFT

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I don't know what his ultimate plan of action is....I really don't. Part of me wants to believe that he was able to run/maintain a very large company for several decades using these tactics and he's trying to see if the same process works in government. I just find it hard to believe that at this point in his life it's about financial gain. I think at this point in his life, he's trying to build a legacy as someone who proved to Washington how to do it.

He may well be as wrong as wrong can be.....I just don't think he hates America. Hey may just be a spoiled child. And (as I've said before) if he broke the law arrest him. I'm fine with it.....I truly am.

My ultimate point above is that when I see folks write articles like the marketwatch article above -- that it's not real. It's fake outrage -- and it's obvious. And it's very very common.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I don't know what his ultimate plan of action is....I really don't. Part of me wants to believe that he was able to run/maintain a very large company for several decades using these tactics and he's trying to see if the same process works in government. I just find it hard to believe that at this point in his life it's about financial gain. I think at this point in his life, he's trying to build a legacy as someone who proved to Washington how to do it.

He may well be as wrong as wrong can be.....I just don't think he hates America. Hey may just be a spoiled child. And (as I've said before) if he broke the law arrest him. I'm fine with it.....I truly am.

My ultimate point above is that when I see folks write articles like the marketwatch article above -- that it's not real. It's fake outrage -- and it's obvious. And it's very very common.
I am only a cotton picker who constantly pushed myself beyond my capability to work with some really smart people including the CEO of Fortune 50 high technology corporation. He was an adopted immigrant who gained an engineering degree and rose to be the Chairman.
He was brilliant and his ethics were beyond question. The business mirrored his leadership and I still think of him often many years later.

I say that as background to say that based on my experience Trump's background as an entertainer and promoter who experienced constant financial difficulty throughout his career is in no way prepared to operate in such a complex environment.

A greater problem than that is that he is not prepared to receive input from his staff and respond in an appropriate manner. He has limited ability to learn for a variety of reasons which is I believe is the most damning aspect of him as President.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I can agree with most of that. I struggle with the bolded part. As UAH says, my memory of him as a businessman, until he hit as a reality star, was staggering from failure to failure and having to obtain massive bailout loans. And this leads to my real fear about him and that is that Putin has him by the balls, and I think it has to do with debt, not prostitutes. Yesterday proved that to my satisfaction. As for the outrage, I don't think it's fake at all. It's very real and felt genuinely at the moment, no matter how inconsistent it may seem, just as the mirroring outrage on the right at every single thing Obama did was sincere...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I posted this in the other thread. It blows my mind that people can't see what is about happen. Who in the world thought this was a good idea? I guess the real questions now are who requested it? is this a feature? or is this a bug? Next we will find out that it has Kaspersky security software baked in.
I've worked with so many IT department where morons threw pcanywhere, Radmin and other tools on systems to "make their job easier" with no regard to the glaring security holes those tools create. It's mind boggling that a vendor of critical infrastructure that is supposed to be air-gapped would do this. It's like buying a high end security system and leaving the key under the mat with the alarm code. These guys were apparently using this to do support. Astonishing

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
PC..Freaking..Anywhere! Throw on top of that SLED admins are generally clueless. I have zero doubt now that these machines were tampered with now. It was too juicy of a target for a nation state.
I see you've sold into SLED too, lol. I had a SLED Customer (won't say which) that found a glaring security issue on a Friday and then put the fix off till Monday as he "already had put in 40 hours that week". Seriously just went home with infrastructure open to the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.