The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Your constant defense of Clinton is as tiresome as the Trumpsters’ defense of the moron in office.
I have no interest in talking about the poor decisions of a campaign that ended nearly a year ago. If Selma and a few others here would drop their obsession with that family and just let her go, her name would never comes up.

It hasn't escaped notice that both of you would rather try to somehow contort the Kushner story back onto Clinton than actually address his actions.

Last edited:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I'll let you go back, re-read a bit, and realize that I never bring up Clinton's name. I have no interest in talking about the poor decisions of a campaign that ended nearly a year ago. Selma, Trump, and a few other people are the ones incapable of just letting her go.
Part of the “struggle” has been her reappearance in the media the last week. She still doesn’t get it. I was dumbfounded by some of her responses. And, while your post doesn’t mention her by name, it seemed you were contrasting her with Trump. It came across as “he only won because....” If I misread it I apologize.

I’ve always looked at it as his victory because of her failure. Which in turn has become our headache. Frankly, I couldn’t care less what happens with her. Good luck to her in her future endeavors.

We will just agree that Trump is the single worst president in our nation’s history. If I thought he couldn’t embarrass himself enough he publicly uninvited a NBA team who wasn’t planning to come to the White House. It was a weekend full of Trump derp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcfixup

Suspended
Feb 2, 2005
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Part of the “struggle” has been her reappearance in the media the last week. She still doesn’t get it. I was dumbfounded by some of her responses. And, while your post doesn’t mention her by name, it seemed you were contrasting her with Trump. It came across as “he only won because....” If I misread it I apologize.

I’ve always looked at it as his victory because of her failure. Which in turn has become our headache. Frankly, I couldn’t care less what happens with her. Good luck to her in her future endeavors.

We will just agree that Trump is the single worst president in our nation’s history. If I thought he couldn’t embarrass himself enough he publicly uninvited a NBA team who wasn’t planning to come to the White House. It was a weekend full of Trump derp.

Add to the fact that she has never come clean about who she is. Her whole life is one big fraud!

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I wasn't trying to make that argument with my initial post, but I can see where you might get that impression. It was more an expression of frustration that there were literally millions of people who spent years decrying Clinton's email server setup, that something like 8 congressional investigations were erected to burn our tax dollars in a fruitless partisan bonfire, and yet all these people have shown such blatant hypocrisy when the exact same thing is happening in Trump's inner circle. My lord, we learned months ago that essentially everyone in the White House has been communicating through a program that automatically deletes their conversations, and not a word? How many times was Clinton accused of dodging FOIA?

She made mistakes, no doubt. It's also looking more and more like the dice were weighted in their contest, but that's an American problem, not a Clinton or a Democratic problem. I, too, wish her well and hope she gets to hike the woods in peace.

In the spirit of Oktoberfest:

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Your constant defense of Clinton is as tiresome as the Trumpsters’ defense of the moron in office. She’s not in office because she had a poorly run campaign. Blame Russia, WikiLeaks, or whoever. She thought her victory was inevitable. She learned the hard way it wasn’t. Unfortunately for our country the trade off is Trump in office. Even on her book tour/media appearances she still doesn’t understand how she got beat. To be so educated she’s incredibly stupid.

Both parties pur up terrible candidates. Those that defend Clinton have missed the mark with the average citizen imo. Those that try to defend Trump by comparing him to Clinton have missed the mark just as much imo. Both parties should try to find better candidates in the next election because the 2016 candidates sucked so bad that America elected Trump for some reason.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Bottom line is that Trump knows he is going to lose on Healthcare again and on the Strange/Moore runoff the guy he backed is getting beat by the guy being backed by Bannon. He is just distracting so that his base won't notice how much he is losing.

pcfixup

Suspended
Feb 2, 2005
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
If I was to guess at who wins the presidency in 2020 i would predict 2 things....

1) its not Trump

and

2) It wont be a democrat
It's gonna be Trump! Like you said, there will not be another democrat for another 20 years ... and unless he is impeached/removed from office, no other repub will be able to take him down

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Kudos to Pittsburgh player Alejandro Villanueva, Army Ranger, who came out of the locker room to stand during the anthem.

Villanueva, a West Point graduate, served as an Army Ranger in Afghanistan and earned a Bronze Star medal. The Steelers left tackle sings every word of the national anthem before every game, he said, and doesn’t think Kaepernick should’ve made such a blanket protest of the country as a whole.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If Nick Saban came out and said he supports those who kneel during the anthem, I wonder how many people would suddenly stop watching Bama games?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
If Nick Saban came out and said he supports those who kneel during the anthem, I wonder how many people would suddenly stop watching Bama games?

There was a picture of C.J. Mosley on one knee in Sunday's paper. I don't think Saban would be ok saying he's a SOB that should be fired, but I'm just guessing about that.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Mosely and Tim Williams were noted as kneeling
It must be hard for Trumpists to have their Sunday afternoon safe spaces so violated. And their snowflake sensitivity on this issue makes one wonder if all the anti-PC sound and fury was just an empty cover for some other grievance.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Sunday I saw Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers lead their teams to last minute comeback wins. I also saw the Falcons win on a reversal of an official's call.

I hate that all the boycotting snowflakes missed an exciting afternoon of NFL football.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I just read a list of NFL owners who wasted a million dollars donating to Trump, there's a bunch of them. It must be frustrating for them to accommodate Trump's base like that, then get boycotted.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I just read a list of NFL owners who wasted a million dollars donating to Trump, there's a bunch of them. It must be frustrating for them to accommodate Trump's base like that, then get boycotted.
they're still just happy he single handedly destroyed the only real competition they had since the AFL/NFL days. Can't you imagine what the USFL Could have become if not for him?

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Trump has rejected the NFL and now embraced his NASCAR base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.