The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Just wanted to point out (again), that the broad brush approach to bashing republicans was one of the things that lit a fire under them to get out and vote in 2016. If you keep up the non-stop rhetoric like this, you might just inspire them to do the same in 2020.

Generalities are almost never accurate, regardless as to how badly you wish them to be.
he is still in the high 80's approval with the gop and i don't see that letting up any time soon. and that approval has pretty much been stable through what has been an absolute train wreck of a presidency that continues to plumb the depths of what is acceptable and decent. that's pretty general.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
he is still in the high 80's approval with the gop and i don't see that letting up any time soon. and that approval has pretty much been stable through what has been an absolute train wreck of a presidency that continues to plumb the depths of what is acceptable and decent. that's pretty general.
You missed the point. I'm not suggesting he isn't popular, I'm suggesting that projecting why one believes he's popular or what his popularity means is a potential mistake.

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
Trump is president for 2,128 more days. :D
More than likely. I just hope we'll be able to withstand and then, repair all of the damage he's done. I hope you at least realize that he is not the great and brilliant business man he claims to be. At the very least, dear trumpie, admit that he expresses himself on the level of a second grader and seems to have something problematic going on with his cognitive thinking. I will never understand people who can't see that.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
More than likely. I just hope we'll be able to withstand and then, repair all of the damage he's done. I hope you at least realize that he is not the great and brilliant business man he claims to be. At the very least, dear trumpie, admit that he expresses himself on the level of a second grader and seems to have something problematic going on with his cognitive thinking. I will never understand people who can't see that.
The Trumpies only come out when they think they have something to celebrate. They don't realize that the mere fact that they are celebrating on behalf of a criminal piece of a trash makes it all the sadder.

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
The Trumpies only come out when they think they have something to celebrate. They don't realize that the mere fact that they are celebrating on behalf of a criminal piece of a trash makes it all the sadder.
And now, they'll be certain their opinions have been validated. I'm waiting for outcomes of other investigations. This clown is so filthy and has, at the very least, violated the Emoluments clause who knows how many times it's unreal, they can't possibly let him off the hook for that!

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
So is there a central clearinghouse for Trump supporter talking points and proselization?

I ask because of an encounter I had at the grocery store yesterday followed by a conversation with my sister last night. She, too, had a similar encounter in which a Trump supporter said virtually the same things. (Did you see the Mueller report, anyone who supports Israel has my vote because the bible says he who supports Israel is blessed, I'm voting for Trump in 2020 - mine added that Trump had given Israel the Golan Heights and others weren't happy with that but Ezekiel said Damascus would be destroyed so Trump is helping fulfill prophecy). It felt a lot like someone was sharing the gospel of Trump with me and the progression of conversation and tactics were nearly exactly aligned with how many would share the "good news". Both people encountered also said that Trump was "sent by God" - in my encounter it came to the person as they prayed and "God" told him/her to vote for Trump because of it.

The whole thing has made me feel strange and feels a bit surreal. Having been at one time part of "the (greater) community" of these people, I know the tactics when I see them (and how the subtle pressure is ramped up and can be very effective for those who were ever a part of it).

I was diplomatic/polite, but amazed and appalled by what I was hearing. I didn't have the heart to explain that the same bible says that these folks are more likely to encounter and be deceived by the false prophet/antichrist than a prophet-like figure. I also didn't mention how the bible describes that person as boastful and so on (things that fit the man).

So where is all this coming from that people 2,000 miles apart say the same things on the same day?

I really don't want to get in an argument about these things - neither side is going to be swayed. I did want to bring attention to it and see if anyone knows where these things start. Also, did anyone else have a similar experience yesterday?

P.S. I really didn't know where else to put this since I didn't want to start a new thread.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
So is there a central clearinghouse for Trump supporter talking points and proselization?

I ask because of an encounter I had at the grocery store yesterday followed by a conversation with my sister last night. She, too, had a similar encounter in which a Trump supporter said virtually the same things. (Did you see the Mueller report, anyone who supports Israel has my vote because the bible says he who supports Israel is blessed, I'm voting for Trump in 2020 - mine added that Trump had given Israel the Golan Heights and others weren't happy with that but Ezekiel said Damascus would be destroyed so Trump is helping fulfill prophecy). It felt a lot like someone was sharing the gospel of Trump with me and the progression of conversation and tactics were nearly exactly aligned with how many would share the "good news". Both people encountered also said that Trump was "sent by God" - in my encounter it came to the person as they prayed and "God" told him/her to vote for Trump because of it.

The whole thing has made me feel strange and feels a bit surreal. Having been at one time part of "the (greater) community" of these people, I know the tactics when I see them (and how the subtle pressure is ramped up and can be very effective for those who were ever a part of it).

I was diplomatic/polite, but amazed and appalled by what I was hearing. I didn't have the heart to explain that the same bible says that these folks are more likely to encounter and be deceived by the false prophet/antichrist than a prophet-like figure. I also didn't mention how the bible describes that person as boastful and so on (things that fit the man).

So where is all this coming from that people 2,000 miles apart say the same things on the same day?

I really don't want to get in an argument about these things - neither side is going to be swayed. I did want to bring attention to it and see if anyone knows where these things start. Also, did anyone else have a similar experience yesterday?
the extent of all of this type of thinking finally dawned on me in the beginning of w's iraq war. i had a lot of family explaining to me how that war was fulfilling prophecy. god was using the u.s. and our military to manifest his will on earth. like with a lot of this stuff, it was coming from the pulpit, from james dobson (focus on the family), jerry falwell, etc. there is/was an entire cottage industry pushing this stuff. i am sure there are ties to amway as well ;)

currently, robert jefferies, head pastor at fbc dallas i think, is doing a lot of the heavy lifting (and making a lot of bank doing it)

Last edited:

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Both sides have their talking points. I haven't experienced anything you describe though and most of my family(extended and church) support Trump. I've been pleasantly surprised as a Northeast liberal how he has governed. I really didn't have high hopes and he has more than surpassed them. The democrats appear to have jettisoned any sense of moderation and have gone bat-crap crazy. They'll probably be a Jeb-like challenger on the GOP side but they won't stand a chance. Anything could happen but it looks like 2020 is locked up already. Question is only if it will be a repeat of 2016 or landslide 1972/1984 proportions.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Both sides have their talking points. I haven't experienced anything you describe though and most of my family(extended and church) support Trump. I've been pleasantly surprised as a Northeast liberal how he has governed. I really didn't have high hopes and he has more than surpassed them. The democrats appear to have jettisoned any sense of moderation and have gone bat-crap crazy. They'll probably be a Jeb-like challenger on the GOP side but they won't stand a chance. Anything could happen but it looks like 2020 is locked up already. Question is only if it will be a repeat of 2016 or landslide 1972/1984 proportions.
Thanks for the response.

Nothing is locked up, but please keep believing that and act accordingly and tell all your friends to do the same. :D

As for moderation and bat-crap crazy - hello, pot. (came back to clarify that I'm talking generally about GOP and Trump, not you)

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
the extent of all of this type of thinking finally dawned on me in the beginning of w's iraq war. i had a lot of family explaining to me how that war was fulfilling prophecy. god was using the u.s. and our military to manifest his will on earth. like with a lot of this stuff, it was coming from the pulpit, from james dobson (focus on the family), jerry falwell, etc. there is/was an entire cottage industry pushing this stuff. i am sure there are ties to amway as well ;)

currently, robert jefferies, head pastor at fbc dallas i think, is doing a lot of the heavy lifting (and making a lot of bank doing it)
That is so true. In the last few weeks I have begun to see the booming business of tours to Israel covering Revelations. I have been amazed at the numbers of people who accept this in such a literal sense.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I've been pleasantly surprised as a Northeast liberal how he has governed..
Yup. All those Northeast liberals that watch nothing but Fox News, use Breitbart and Infowars as sources and spread right wing conspiracies left and right. There are so many of those.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
That is so true. In the last few weeks I have begun to see the booming business of tours to Israel covering Revelations. I have been amazed at the numbers of people who accept this in such a literal sense.
The excitement at the prospect of Damascus being destroyed and all that carnage coming to pass being a good things was quite disconcerting. In my head I heard "Even so Come quickly, Lord" even though it wasn't said aloud. And nevermind my view had mostly always been that things would be so bad here on earth that people would be begging Jesus to come back, not the comfortable experience people are having now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.