The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Honest question because I have no idea on the answer. Can the immigrants in the detention center leave and go back home or are they under armed guard and cannot leave?
i have seen some yahoos posting that on my wife's facebook. like with everything else they post and do, it is duplicitous. of course, these are fine, upstanding christians who are only supporting law and order.

here was the first result i found with google.

snopes - Are Migrants ‘Free to Leave Detention Centers Any Time’?
A widely-shared meme in July 2019 vastly overstated the freedom of movement available to migrants being held in U.S. immigration detention facilities.

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Exactly, 92tide. The immigrants are not "free" to do anything. They are under civil custody. In order to leave they need a judge's permission and must be able to pay for their airfare back home.

What gets me here is that those spouting this nonsense have not invested their time to find the truth. That may be because they don't care about the truth, probably because the lie eases their conscience - what's left of it.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Gonna have to censor this tweet:

"Not only is Nancy Pelosi not resisting Donald Trump, she’s actively enabling him. She funded his concentration camps, & his most racist tweets to date come after Pelosi **** on progressive women of color in the New York Times and allowed the official Dem account to do so as well." - @MillReview

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Gonna have to censor this tweet:

"Not only is Nancy Pelosi not resisting Donald Trump, she’s actively enabling him. She funded his concentration camps, & his most racist tweets to date come after Pelosi **** on progressive women of color in the New York Times and allowed the official Dem account to do so as well." - @MillReview
:rolleyes: they are shameless

Last edited:

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Exactly, 92tide. The immigrants are not "free" to do anything. They are under civil custody. In order to leave they need a judge's permission and must be able to pay for their airfare back home.

What gets me here is that those spouting this nonsense have not invested their time to find the truth. That may be because they don't care about the truth, probably because the lie eases their conscience - what's left of it.
It’s the “People have told me” phenomenon. If you hear a bunch of people you trust repeating the same bogus information, it is much easier to believe that any evidence counter to the position is fake.

I think we have to quit giving people the benefit of the doubt when they take a willfully ignorant and inaccurate position. Laziness wouldn’t be acceptable for any other aspect of contention in interpersonal relationships. Why is it all of a sudden acceptable when it comes to facts? It reminds me of when I have a conversation with my 6 year old.

Me: Clean up your room.
Son: It’s clean!
Me: Why is there a gigantic pile of dirt in the middle of the room?
Son: I didn’t know you considered dirt part of my room.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
If people are going to be passionate about policy/politics you'd think they would invest some time with finding truth and facts. I'm afraid for many of them it's just cover for something else.

Why are we, a nation of immigrants, a nation that has benefited immensely from immigrants like Albert Einstein and the German rocket scientists and many others, so afraid of immigrants? Especially immigrants from certain parts of the world that tend to have a certain skin tone/color different from lilly white?

And our president today talking about almost to the woman American born women going back to their own countries and their countries have inept and corrupt government - truer words have never been spoken about the ineptness and corruptness of their government and it feels like a Freudian slip by Trump to have said it, the racist misogynist pig.

Now, I've seen all kinds of mud thrown around about politicians. I don't know how much of it is true but most of it is unproven when it comes to things like I said above. That said, this president seems intent on proving just how hatefully racist and misogynistic he really is. I don't have to wonder what he really thinks. He tells us! So the people that love him for telling it like it really is must share something in common with him, which is NOT to say that everyone who ever supported him is that way; but too large a % are.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If people love Donald Trump because he "tells it like it is" but "what it is" is nothing less than blood and soil white nationalism then what does that really say about those people?

Cry me a river if any of his followers hate it because we all call them racists.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If people are going to be passionate about policy/politics you'd think they would invest some time with finding truth and facts. I'm afraid for many of them it's just cover for something else.

Why are we, a nation of immigrants, a nation that has benefited immensely from immigrants like Albert Einstein and the German rocket scientists and many others, so afraid of immigrants? Especially immigrants from certain parts of the world that tend to have a certain skin tone/color different from lilly white?

And our president today talking about almost to the woman American born women going back to their own countries and their countries have inept and corrupt government - truer words have never been spoken about the ineptness and corruptness of their government and it feels like a Freudian slip by Trump to have said it, the racist misogynist pig.

Now, I've seen all kinds of mud thrown around about politicians. I don't know how much of it is true but most of it is unproven when it comes to things like I said above. That said, this president seems intent on proving just how hatefully racist and misogynistic he really is. I don't have to wonder what he really thinks. He tells us! So the people that love him for telling it like it really is must share something in common with him, which is NOT to say that everyone who ever supported him is that way; but too large a % are.
but they are all willing to continue to support and promote someone who is.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This describes ~75% of people posting about political things on FB and Twitter at this point. It's incredible how many memes (predominantly from the far right, but in reality, across the political spectrum) I see that are so easily proved incorrect with a simple google search. Or at a minimum, it's a half-truth based on a partial quote, etc.

But if it reinforces their heart's desire, they're going to post it without checking. Every. Time.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This describes ~75% of people posting about political things on FB and Twitter at this point. It's incredible how many memes (predominantly from the far right, but in reality, across the political spectrum) I see that are so easily proved incorrect with a simple google search. Or at a minimum, it's a half-truth based on a partial quote, etc.

But if it reinforces their heart's desire, they're going to post it without checking. Every. Time.
Do you mean the Steele, Uranium One and Clinton Foundation BS? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.