The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
It may be the wrong approach, but I’m considering limiting my social media time. If ignorance is bliss, maybe I’d just rather not know what’s going on in the world and in this country. The sadness and the anger are getting to be too much a part of my day. I’ve felt a responsibility to be informed on at least some issues, but I may just have to default on that responsibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
It may be the wrong approach, but I’m considering limiting my social media time. If ignorance is bliss, maybe I’d just rather not know what’s going on in the world and in this country. The sadness and the anger are getting to be too much a part of my day. I’ve felt a responsibility to be informed on at least some issues, but I may just have to default on that responsibility.

For my own mental well being I've already pulled back substantially. I don't watch any evening news anymore except for rarely. I don't check news pages nearly as often. It works and you can still stay informed enough. I'll even posit that it will give the opportunity to get away from some of the petty drama to focus more on important matters both at home and in politics.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
We start football in 46 days. That should help our sanity. Unless we lose to Duke.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

Tidefans, David Muir, and the news app on my phone are enough for me. I can get that done in about an hour a day.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
On my local community board, there were a bunch of people complaining about some local town policy. I said if you didn’t like how the town does things, go back to where you came from.

I got called hateful and rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.