The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Why would you be disappointed either way? Guys need to think for themselves and do what they believe is the right thing.

Back to Trump, his behavior is utterly un-presidential no matter what definition you choose to give it, and it's further dividing our society. It cannot be compared to anything we've ever seen before. And it will backfire. And again I ask, how will our fans react if Alabama is fortunate enough to win the NC and a bunch of players, or the entire team, refuses to attend the White House?
because I think standing up to Trump is the right thing to do in this situation. But again, I respect his choice

I'd want our team to tell Trump to pound sand

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
because I think standing up to Trump is the right thing to do in this situation. But again, I respect his choice

I'd want our team to tell Trump to pound sand
My point would be he doesn't have to protest the anthem in order to stand up to Trump. Even after the ridiculous comments Trump made. I think it's wrong to put that judgement on a guy. The anthem and flag means a great deal to people, and they ought to be allowed to do as they feel is proper. I would not take a player's standing for the anthem as anything to do with how they feel about Trump.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Why would you be disappointed either way? Guys need to think for themselves and do what they believe is the right thing.

Back to Trump, his behavior is utterly un-presidential no matter what definition you choose to give it, and it's further dividing our society. It cannot be compared to anything we've ever seen before. And it will backfire. And again I ask, how will our fans react if Alabama is fortunate enough to win the NC and a bunch of players, or the entire team, refuses to attend the White House?
If some players skipped the visit I would be fine with that. If the university told them they could not visit, I would question that.

It may indeed backfire on Trump and if it did I wouldn't mind one bit. However we are closing in on two years of Trump looking like a constant train wreck, and so far he has faired better than most believed conceivable. Again, you can't view it rationally. You have to think about what things will look like when people are forced to take a side with one extreme or another. When extremists on both sides are done with it, we will have "cop-killers" vs. "patriots" and Trump will claim that if you aren't a "patriot" you must be a "cop killer", and no matter how sick that may sound to you know, there are going to be people lining up to join the "patriots" against the "cop killers". And what's just as bad, some left wing demagogue is going to rally the other extreme -- if you aren't a "cop killer" you must be a "white supremacist", so get out there and kill some cops. And away we go...

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
It may indeed backfire on Trump and if it did I wouldn't mind one bit. However we are closing in on two years of Trump looking like a constant train wreck, and so far he has faired better than most believed conceivable. Again, you can't view it rationally. You have to think about what things will look like when people are forced to take a side with one extreme or another.
You may be right, but on the other hand:

Rex Ryan said:
When you look at it, we all grew up in an NFL locker room. We don't have those issues, you know what I mean? Everyone's always been united. Yeah, the views are different but lemme tell you: I'm p*ssed off. I'll be honest with you. Because I supported Donald Trump. When he asked me to introduce him at a rally in Buffalo, I did that. But I'm reading these comments and it's appalling to me and I'm sure it's appalling to almost any citizen in our country. It should be.

You know, calling our players SOBs and all that kind of stuff, that's not the men that I know. The men that I know in the locker room I'm proud of. I'm proud to be associated with those people. I apologize for being p*ssed off but guess what? That's it, because right away I'm associated with what Donald Trump stands for and all that because I introduced him. I never signed up for that, I never wanted that.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You may be right, but on the other hand:
Rex Ryan is a people pleaser. He is going to follow what is popular to say to stay employed while trying to be controversial at the same time. Most New Englander owners, sportscasters, and coaches know Trump very well and will ride on his shirt tails when it is very safe to do so, but when he starts to agitate the big Mouse then they start to fall in line with what the Big Mouse wants to avoid being the next Mike Ditka firing. So take his comments with a grain of salt unless you are taking them as Big Mouse's words.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yeah - it's ironic people like yourself had no problem with this a year ago and now think it's a huge deal.

Oh - and until he's running for President on the basis of his experience and - more importantly - sending classified info....you're sorta firing apples into the orange bin.

Trump Derangement Syndrome - not covered by Obamacare.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Yeah - it's ironic people like yourself had no problem with this a year ago and now think it's a huge deal.

Oh - and until he's running for President on the basis of his experience and - more importantly - sending classified info....you're sorta firing apples into the orange bin.

Trump Derangement Syndrome - not covered by Obamacare.
Did Clinton meet with Russian banks sanctioned by the U.S.?

Did she attempt to use Russian embassy equipment to setup a secure "back channel" with the Kremlin to avoid U.S. intelligence seeing any of these communications?

Did she lie on several multiple security clearance documents?

Did she manage her campaign's data targeting strategy, which has all the appearances of having colluded with Russia?

You're right, it is apples and oranges.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
The Steelers have announced the team has decided to remain in the locker room during the anthem.

popcorn.gif
This was the fix I've seen proposed previously -- avoid the opportunity for protest. This is exactly how it works for most college football games. Looks like some owners have finally listened to the criticism around politicization of the game.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Would H the D have still used the private server if elected?
To be clear, I think the private email server is by far the least of Kushner's transgressions. But since the right lost their collective minds of it, and Trump himself led his base to hysteria over the issue, I'm eagerly awaiting the hypocrisy.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Did she attempt to use Russian embassy equipment to setup a secure "back channel" with the Kremlin to avoid U.S. intelligence seeing any of these communications?

Did she manage her campaign's data targeting strategy, which has all the appearances of having colluded with Russia?
Maybe.....I mean would you be surprised if she did?

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
A sizable number of Americans do not appreciate the disrespect shown by the President.
First, Trump didn't start the disrespect; kaepernic did.

The POTUS calling out a bunch of entertainers for their ridiculous actions is NOT disrespectful. The players need to be respectful to the flag and country providing these opportunities for them.

In most other countries you have no opportunity to move up and make a better life for yourself. You have every opportunity in America to improve and make better life if you work hard and apply yourself. No one is entitled to an easy or fair life. Men and woman have died, been injured, sacrificed family and mental well being for these freedoms.

Things could be a lot worse. Travel around the world a little and you will see it.

I am not watching the nfl anymore and am canceling my cable nfl network subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

You're right, it is apples and oranges.
Your constant defense of Clinton is as tiresome as the Trumpsters’ defense of the moron in office. She’s not in office because she had a poorly run campaign. Blame Russia, WikiLeaks, or whoever. She thought her victory was inevitable. She learned the hard way it wasn’t. Unfortunately for our country the trade off is Trump in office. Even on her book tour/media appearances she still doesn’t understand how she got beat. To be so educated she’s incredibly stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.