The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Citing Rush -- is no different than Obama praising Wolf Blitzer or Rachel Madcow...
What is the left equivalent of Alex Jones? Because if Rush == Blitzer or Maddow then I am not sure who you think is equivalent of Jones. And we know Trump loves him some Alex Jones. I guess where I'm going with this is that apparently since no one had any problem with Blitzer or Maddow praising Obama, then there should be no issue with Rush praising Trump. As it would be hypocritical to do so. For the sake of this discussion, I am even willing to acquiesce on that point. I don't agree, but for this discussion, sure why not.

Alex Jones however is in an entirely different world, universe, etc. Well at least to me he is. You may be able to reconcile his views, and the fact that our president praises him and his ideas, even utilizing some of them in his campaign, however I cannot. There is no mental gymnastics that I can use to get behind someone like Jones, or someone who seeks his praise and support.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
What is the left equivalent of Alex Jones? Because if Rush == Blitzer or Maddow then I am not sure who you think is equivalent of Jones. And we know Trump loves him some Alex Jones. I guess where I'm going with this is that apparently since no one had any problem with Blitzer or Maddow praising Obama, then there should be no issue with Rush praising Trump. As it would be hypocritical to do so. For the sake of this discussion, I am even willing to acquiesce on that point. I don't agree, but for this discussion, sure why not.

Alex Jones however is in an entirely different world, universe, etc. Well at least to me he is. You may be able to reconcile his views, and the fact that our president praises him and his ideas, even utilizing some of them in his campaign, however I cannot. There is no mental gymnastics that I can use to get behind someone like Jones, or someone who seeks his praise and support.

Alex Jones and Savage and some of the other far right loony tunes -- are equivalent to Maddow, Olbermann, and that other idiot Lawrence O'Donnell.... The difference is that the lunacy on the left has more exposure.....so the craziness has been numbed -- because of the sheer volume of it. The reason the Right has their crazies on the radio -- is because there is no MSNBC equivalent on TV, and the lefties keep failing on Radio.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Cenk? The guy on The Young Turks.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
You may be smarter. You may be. But, since you and your buddies like to call people "stupid", "morons", etc....whenever you have trouble arguing any point where it doesn't go your way, tells me that for all of your "learnin" and "edumacation" -- you really don't understand much. You and your buddies -- confuse being "loud" with being "right". Or being "rude" with being "right". Or making it "personal" -- constantly.....

The fact that there are only about 5-6 of you -- that post over and over and over and over and over saying the same thing over and over and over and over -- and then you all laugh, like you are the smartest 5-6 of you on the planet is pretty funny.

It's like you all got together and said, "let's form a club and tell each other how right we are" -- like the ladies of a new TV show "Housewives of tidefans.com"

At least, seebell -- is quite likable, and loves a valid debate. The rest of you.....(heavy sigh) I sure wish you were Auburn fans ;)
i am doing a longitudinal study on poe's law.

i am still not sure why you un-ignored me.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

you would have a better chance arguing religion with a street preacher

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Alex Jones and Savage and some of the other far right loony tunes -- are equivalent to Maddow, Olbermann, and that other idiot Lawrence O'Donnell.... The difference is that the lunacy on the left has more exposure.....so the craziness has been numbed -- because of the sheer volume of it. The reason the Right has their crazies on the radio -- is because there is no MSNBC equivalent on TV, and the lefties keep failing on Radio.
I just don't see it. I try and watch both sides to try and figure out somewhere in the middle. What specifically is some of the lunacy? Is it support for the ACA? Thinking Benghazi was a non issue? I am seriously interested in what you hear out of these sources that would compare to calling Obama and Hillary demons. We may even need a different thread not to derail this.

Cenk? The guy on The Young Turks.
Cenk is a pompous <bleep> but I would be hard pressed to compare him, or anyone to Alex Jones. I don't want to derail the discussion. Just was taking a quick detour.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Yesterdays press conference was a real embarrassment. How long can this crap go on? We can now refer to the whitehouse as the "failing whitehouse", move over NYT and WaPo.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
The fact that there are only about 5-6 of you -- that post over and over and over and over and over saying the same thing over and over and over and over -- and then you all laugh, like you are the smartest 5-6 of you on the planet is pretty funny.
The rest of you.....(heavy sigh) I sure wish you were Auburn fans ;)
There used to be only "2-3" of them that were complained about back in the Obama/Bush days and I had my fair share of arguments with a couple of them. Unfortunately a few of us in the middle are complaining about him now and it's cute that we now get lumped in as dirty leftists too.

It should be noted that there are about 5-6 of you that post over and over and over and over about how Trump can do no wrong too and do exactly the same thing.

I've seen Earle complain about Trump a lot lately. Hard to image him as an Auburn fan. :rolleyes:

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
You may be smarter. You may be. But, since you and your buddies like to call people "stupid", "morons", etc....whenever you have trouble arguing any point where it doesn't go your way, tells me that for all of your "learnin" and "edumacation" -- you really don't understand much. You and your buddies -- confuse being "loud" with being "right". Or being "rude" with being "right". Or making it "personal" -- constantly.....

It's like you all got together and said, "let's form a club and tell each other how right we are" -- like the ladies of a new TV show "Housewives of tidefans.com"

At least, seebell -- is quite likable, and loves a valid debate. The rest of you.....(heavy sigh) I sure wish you were Auburn fans ;)
typical liberal supremacists :biggrin2:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I just don't see it. I try and watch both sides to try and figure out somewhere in the middle. What specifically is some of the lunacy? Is it support for the ACA? Thinking Benghazi was a non issue? I am seriously interested in what you hear out of these sources that would compare to calling Obama and Hillary demons. We may even need a different thread not to derail this.

Cenk is a pompous <bleep> but I would be hard pressed to compare him, or anyone to Alex Jones. I don't want to derail the discussion. Just was taking a quick detour.
The left equivalent of Alex Jones is Mike Adams who runs NaturalNews.com he is far less known but just as crazy. In fact if you create a Venn Diagram of their crazy he and Jones would overlap quite a bit. They're both Anti-Vax (as is Trump FWIW) Chemtrail enthusiasts, anti-GMO and believe every sort evil you can equate to corporations and big "insert boogey man here (Pharma, Ag, etc)" Adams just panders to the crystal healing looney left where Jones goes hard right with what is essentially the same message of paranoid conspiracy

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The left equivalent of Alex Jones is Mike Adams who runs NaturalNews.com he is far less known but just as crazy. In fact if you create a Venn Diagram of their crazy he and Jones would overlap quite a bit. They're both Anti-Vax (as is Trump FWIW) Chemtrail enthusiasts, anti-GMO and believe every sort evil you can equate to corporations and big "insert boogey man here (Pharma, Ag, etc)" Adams just panders to the crystal healing looney left where Jones goes hard right with what is essentially the same message of paranoid conspiracy
the crazy is equivalent for sure. the volume is not. the right wing crazy is broadcast all day (and overnight in some cases) on am radio across the dial and has been ubiquitous since at least the early 90's (when limpballs went national). the left wing crazy can be found handing out pamphlets at a table outside of a widespread panic show

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'll have to check this guy out. Lately, when I'm feeling down and need something to laugh at, I'll pull up some Alex Jones stuff on the Youtubes.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
There used to be only "2-3" of them that were complained about back in the Obama/Bush days and I had my fair share of arguments with a couple of them. Unfortunately a few of us in the middle are complaining about him now and it's cute that we now get lumped in as dirty leftists too.

It should be noted that there are about 5-6 of you that post over and over and over and over about how Trump can do no wrong too and do exactly the same thing.

I've seen Earle complain about Trump a lot lately. Hard to image him as an Auburn fan. :rolleyes:
Yep, I was an Alabama fan long before most on this board were born. I am an Independent, fiercely independent with strong libertarian views on a number of issues, particularly in the area of individual freedoms. However, I recognized early on that Trump was psychologically unfit for the Presidency, and he's working hard at proving me right. You have to face the fact that many have binary minds and can only see black and white. Everyone must be pigeonholed. It's stupid, but to each his own...

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Damn, another irony detector just exploded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.