The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
BTW, any time anyone is called names (and I've been unable to find some of the accusations I've read), all you have to do is PM me or Brad or any of the mods and it will be taken care of, one way or the other. I'm unable to live on NonSports, so I can't see everything...
It seems more like he's reading every "Trump supporters are ____" as a personal attack on himself. Maybe not but that's how it read to me.

Which I guess means that we've all been called all sorts of names here too in various ways.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It seems more like he's reading every "Trump supporters are ____" as a personal attack on himself. Maybe not but that's how it read to me.

Which I guess means that we've all been called all sorts of names here too in various ways.
What we don't like to see are florid statements like "all Trump supporters are idiots" perched right under a post by a Trump supporter. That's a little too transparent...

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
This article explains Trump about as well as anything I've read...

NYMag
From Wikipedia the author" Sullivan earned a Master of Public Administration in 1986 from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University,[SUP][10][/SUP] followed by a Doctor of Philosophy degree in government from Harvard in 1990. His dissertation was titled Intimations Pursued: The Voice of Practice in the Conversation of Michael Oakeshott

I looked this up to understand the the origin of the author who attributes a significant philosophical basis for Trump's politics. I believe that he is attempting to describe the rightward drift of the Republican Party since GW Bush. We however know that neither Bush nor Trump could be described as intellectuals. I believe we have to look deeper to Robert Mercer who has significant leverage on the Presidency to begin to understand the martinet who is pulling the strings.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
If this has been posted already, my apologies. The fear of brown people expressed just breaks my heart. https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/07/alabama_town_church_trump.html
I read that entire thing thinking it would pay off with him growing a damn spine and showing those people the fraud that they've handed the reigns of a great nation to, what a coward. Then the persecution complex of these people, astounding. They are white baptists from Alabama, the only hard time they could even outline was when one poor soul thought it was "scary" living reasonably close to Selma during the 60's. I bet it was scary for a young white girl then, it should have been scary. Imagine how it was for them you shallow self centered jerk. These are the people I am supposed to understand? No thanks

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I read that entire thing thinking it would pay off with him growing a damn spine and showing those people the fraud that they've handed the reigns of a great nation to, what a coward. Then the persecution complex of these people, astounding. They are white baptists from Alabama, the only hard time they could even outline was when one poor soul thought it was "scary" living reasonably close to Selma during the 60's. I bet it was scary for a young white girl then, it should have been scary. Imagine how it was for them you shallow self centered jerk. These are the people I am supposed to understand? No thanks
I thought the same thing. I felt it was written in a way leading us to the big O Henry type surprise ending, where he lashed into the moral failings of the president, both in his personal and political life.

But he didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Still amazed Sanders hasn't burst into flames during a presser...

“The President is exploring the mechanisms to remove security clearances because they’ve politicized, and in some cases monetized, their public service and security clearances,” she added. “Making baseless accusations of improper contact with Russia — or being influenced by Russia — against the President is extremely inappropriate, and the fact that people with security clearances are making baseless these baseless charges provides inappropriate legitimacy to accusations with zero evidence.”

“Isn’t the President doing exactly what you just said the President doesn’t want all these people doing?” NBC News’ Hallie Jackson asked later. “Politicizing matters of national security by going after his political enemies?”

“No, the President’s not making baseless accusations of improper contact with a foreign government and accusing the President of the United States of treasonous activity,” Sanders responded, though Trump frequently made just those kinds of baseless attacks against former President Obama.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
they tried the NFL, it didn't work. They allowed a tape from Cohen story, it didn't catch so now they are threatening their enemies. Anything to try to steer the conversation away from selling out to Russia. I expect a particularly racist action on immigration shortly when this ploy fails too
I noticed that the distractifying had reached fever pitch...

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
White House used Chinese-made silverware at 'Made in America Product Showcase': report

The White House reportedly used Chinese-made silverware while serving refreshments on Monday at its annual "Made in America Product Showcase,” which is meant to show off American made-products.

According to Syracuse.com, Matt Roberts, president of New York-based Sherrill Manufacturing, the last flatware maker in the U.S., said the White House used Oneida Ltd. flatware, which now sells flatware made overseas, at the annual showcase.

The news outlet reported that Rep. Claudia Tenney (R) and Sherrill Manufacturing have made repeated efforts to convince the White House to purchase American-made silverware. The effort reportedly has bipartisan support, with Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) also asking President Trump to buy the firm's Liberty Tabletop utensils for use at state dinners.
MCGA!

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
they tried the NFL, it didn't work. They allowed a tape from Cohen story, it didn't catch so now they are threatening their enemies. Anything to try to steer the conversation away from selling out to Russia. I expect a particularly racist action on immigration shortly when this ploy fails too
One of my growing concerns is how some in the media get hysterically sucked into the spin cycle . One only has to be a casual observer to see that Republicans are backing Trump, this without any context to identify the percentage of the electorate who are registered Republicans vs independents and Democrats.

If we see man on the street interviews it is typically in flyover country with people who it would be kind to say are not well read.

This on MSNBC let along Fox.

I think this attitude toward the electorate in NYC, DC and LA fails to comprehend that there is a large segment of the population equipped to evaluate the type of country we would like to live in, provided they receive some consistent reporting of factual information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.