The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Why are we getting weather forecasts from the president anyway? We have plenty of meteorologist that can handle that stuff. Let him concentrate on his main job that he doesn’t know anything about.
Why are you being so uncivil? Is it really necessary to point out that the President of the United States, took time out of his schedule to doctor up an official government forecast so that it supported his inaccurate weather tweet from several days prior? You act as if every president hasn’t broken out the art supplies to have his staff create false weather advisories that support his total lack of geographical knowledge.

Shame on you. Your lack of civility towards this president is almost as bad as when this president pointed out that you can sexually assault women as long as you are famous, or that other time when he mocked a reporter with a disability.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
And yet 38% still support the unfit, incompetent fool.
I noticed a friend of a friend on Facebook trying to justify the president's actions, naming all the hurricanes which had crossed FL and entered the Gulf. I pointed out that that took the proper steering currents, absent in this case. In fact, there is a monster blocking high pressure system, which has just been reinforced by a cool front, making crossing into the Gulf impossible. He ignored the Sharpie issue. So, yes they're out there still. HE can do no wrong...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I noticed a friend of a friend on Facebook trying to justify the president's actions, naming all the hurricanes which had crossed FL and entered the Gulf. I pointed out that that took the proper steering currents, absent in this case. In fact, there is a monster blocking high pressure system, which has just been reinforced by a cool front, making crossing into the Gulf impossible. He ignored the Sharpie issue. So, yes they're out there still. HE can do no wrong...
Not to mention Trump has access to more meteorological forecasts than James Spann ever dreamed about and he still makes dumb statements about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
show him this (not the it will matter)

An official White House photograph shows that President Donald Trump was briefed on the likely progress of Hurricane Dorian with a map that did not show Alabama in its path.The image, taken during an August 29 briefing and posted on the White House Flickr page, shows Trump receiving what was then the most up-to-date information on where Dorian was expected to head.
Trump later produced the same map in an altered form to support his false claim that Alabama was once thought to be in the storm's path, as seen here:

Last edited:

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Pence's welcome to Ireland. At least it wasn't like Iceland, where the landscape was plastered with rainbow flags. Wonder how he'll be able to meet with the female Icelandic PM?

Ireland

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Four automakers bucked Trump policy on emissions. Now they are under antitrust investigation

The Justice Department has opened an antitrust investigation into four major automakers who have rejected the Trump administration's relaxed air pollution and mileage regulations.

The four automakers — Ford (F), Honda (HMC), Volkswagen and BMW — agreed in July to meet the tougher standards set by the California Air Resources Board rather than the Trump administration's rules, which would roll back standards put in place under former President Barack Obama.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i guess the question becomes, how much are the rubes willing to put up with. based on what we’ve seen and continue to see, it’s apparently a lot. but something something billy clinton

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
i guess the question becomes, how much are the rubes willing to put up with. based on what we’ve seen and continue to see, it’s apparently a lot. but something something billy clinton
Yeah. One keeps thinking this is a "bridge too far," only to hear justifications, "chosen one," etc. and you wonder how far the republic can sink and whether it can be rescued or if it's doomed...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I swear - I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Trump's alternative hurricane map
Cry. It’s another attempt to undermine our establishments. A normal person would just own a mistake and go on, but a narcissist would try to undermine every credible person in the world to be right.

There are a bunch of Katrina survivors living in Birmingham with PTSD from hurricanes. I don’t think the President of United States issuing an official announcement of an impending hurricane making landfall in Alabama on false information is ethical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.