The policy and politics of Trumpism

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I would honestly encourage anyone who claims to be a "moderate" to just look at how the two parties stand in the context of global ideology. The modern Republican party is far, far closer to German neo-Nazis than to the political center.

NYT link
fox news has done it's job well for a long time. i bet we could do an entire page of these.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
What moron said this? Trump?
Yes, in an interview at the WH. I'm sure you can find it. Started off by blaming the border crisis on the Democrats and said it could be solved in an hour. Then, he warmed up and started getting excited, said that the Democrats favored open borders and then said that open borders mean drowning in the river. I'm sure he didn't know that the deceased had just been turned down for asylum, the opposite of "open borders," and then took a desperation course with his two-year old daughter...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yes, in an interview at the WH. I'm sure you can find it. Started off by blaming the border crisis on the Democrats and said it could be solved in an hour. Then, he warmed up and started getting excited, said that the Democrats favored open borders and then said that open borders mean drowning in the river. I'm sure he didn't know that the deceased had just been turned down for asylum, the opposite of "open borders," and then took a desperation course with his two-year old daughter...
the mom was watching from the other side of the river waiting to cross; the dad had carried the girl across, was going back for her and the little girl jumped in after him. i can imagine neither the desperation nor the horror.

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
He's doing God's will. Pray that he starts a war in the middle east so Damascus can be destroyed. Sometimes you have to break a few eggs and kill a few Meggsicans to fulfill prophecy. Faith without works is dead and we're doing our part by voting for as unchristian a sociopath as we can.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I remember growing up as a teenager in the mid sixties, listening to my mom and dad talking about Hitler's rise to power. I remember wondering how such an evil man could fool so many people to follow his madness.

This man we have in power of our country is following this same path. There are good people that I know, including most of my family, that are worshiping at the feet of Trump. They brag that he has stopped the killing of babies in their mother's wombs, but they fail to see the brown skin babies being held with inhuman conditions in our country. Maybe they don't care.

I saw a lot of things in Vietnam that I am not proud of. When I came back home, I struggled with the memories of war. I never ever dreamed I would see innocent children treated like we are seeing in this country. Their only crime is that they were born poor. I pray that these evil people will be stopped.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I remember growing up as a teenager in the mid sixties, listening to my mom and dad talking about Hitler's rise to power. I remember wondering how such an evil man could fool so many people to follow his madness.

This man we have in power of our country is following this same path. There are good people that I know, including most of my family, that are worshiping at the feet of Trump. They brag that he has stopped the killing of babies in their mother's wombs, but they fail to see the brown skin babies being held with inhuman conditions in our country. Maybe they don't care.

I saw a lot of things in Vietnam that I am not proud of. When I came back home, I struggled with the memories of war. I never ever dreamed I would see innocent children treated like we are seeing in this country. Their only crime is that they were born poor. I pray that these evil people will be stopped.
it's always telling when you actually see conservative christian values in practice.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017

I am from the same era. All of my family survived the great depression on dirt poor Alabama cotton farms and then went without question to Europe and the Pacific. We were here before the American Revolution and always worked to give the next generation an opportunity for a better education and standard of living. Amidst our striving, failures, pain and tragedies along the way I have come to feel deeply that this man is an insult to everything good that has been carried forward for generations.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
It is hard to believe humans, especially children, can be treated like this in this day and age in America. Strip away all the veneer of politics and race and it comes down to what is right and what is wrong morally. I am even more disgusted by the complete lack of any outrage by Chrisitians and evangelicals. Many of us were reared in a home where much of what we learned about good and evil, right and wrong was in church. This is not meant to be a religious tirade, but a condemnation of all Christians who believe what the Trump Administration is doing is acceptable and refuse to stand against pure evil.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
another republican piece of human garbage. the base eats it up though.

Trump Immigration Official Ken Cuccinelli Blames The Dad In Border Drowning Photo

Burnett: Are you worried, director, … that the image that we see of that 23-month child and her father, dead, is going to be like the image from Syria of the little boy on the beach… That this image ends up being what represents the Trump administration’s policies on the border?

Cuccinelli: No, in fact just the opposite. The reason we have tragedies like that on the border is because those folks, that father didn’t want to wait to go through the asylum process in the legal fashion, so decided to cross the river. …Until we fix the attractions in our asylum system, people like that father and that child are going to continue to come through a dangerous trip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.