The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't usually read him but my wife passed this along from Dan Rather this morning:

I yearn for a world, or even a weekend morning, where a friend or family member asking “did you hear” doesn’t immediately produce a pit in the stomach and the mental image of Donald Trump rage tweeting chaos and incoherence.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Seriously, how nice would it be to have just a few days when the President of the United States doesn't say something stupid/embarrassing/so alarming it tanks the markets. It's terrifying that this behavior has become the new normal.
That's one fear I've begun to have. We're all getting desensitized to bizarre behavior and it's being trumpeted on Twitter. "Oh it's just Donald being Donald" is not a healthy attitude but it's begun to permeate society...

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
That's one fear I've begun to have. We're all getting desensitized to bizarre behavior and it's being trumpeted on Twitter. "Oh it's just Donald being Donald" is not a healthy attitude but it's begun to permeate society...
I’ll go one further. When this buffoon leaves, the new bar for presidential behavior will have been set so low that when a truly unscrupulous individual, who is not as dumb as a bag of hammers, will be able to get away with truly insane unpresidential behavior. Well, as long as they are Republican. I’d love to see the pearl clutching escapades out of fox news had Obama done half of these things.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I’ll go one further. When this buffoon leaves, the new bar for presidential behavior will have been set so low that when a truly unscrupulous individual, who is not as dumb as a bag of hammers, will be able to get away with truly insane unpresidential behavior. Well, as long as they are Republican. I’d love to see the pearl clutching escapades out of fox news had Obama done half of these things.
Half?

Any of these things and there would have been an apoplectic meltdown

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Half?

Any of these things and there would have been an apoplectic meltdown
I see a lot of Trumpies say how people thought Obama was the Messiah. But they stay silent when Trump says he is the second coming of God and is the chosen one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I see Russia's representative at the G7 didn't succeed in getting them admitted back to the group. I could never understand the logic in their membership in the first place. They don't even quite make the top ten in world economies. California's economy is almost twice as large...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I reckon it is because there are other forms of power besides economic. The real question is if Russia deserved a seat at the table why hasn't China been considered over the last decade?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Trump suggesting that the meeting of the G7 next year in the U.S. be held at his Doral Resort in Miami.

ETA: Said he would consider inviting Putin.

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I would like to see them put off the U.S.'s turn to host the meeting until after the election. Or announce they want to meet somewhere else in the U.S. that would not violate our emoluments prohibition.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Trump suggesting that the meeting of the G7 next year in the U.S. be held at his Doral Resort in Miami.

ETA: Said he would consider inviting Putin.
Do all of the Trump supporters support and join with Trump in his love affairs with Putin and Kim, two murderous dictators? I'm just trying to figure out how wacky this country has become...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.