The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I just finished listening to the Bagman Podcast that Rachel Maddow did around Watergate and specifically Spiro Agnew's outing as VP prior to Nixon resigning. It is fantastic and now incredibly topical as it covers much of what we've gone over in this thread as to the Constitutionality of removing and indicting an President/VP. I highly recommend it for all. I never knew exactly why Agnew was allowed to walk away as he did and always assumed it was his role in Watergate. Turns out he was taking bribes inside the Whitehouse and while he was a politician in Maryland. Crazy story that even broke new ground, including showing how George HW Bush, Nixon and others played an active role in the attempted obstruction of justice to try to get Agnew off the hook. History really repeats itself

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I just finished listening to the Bagman Podcast that Rachel Maddow did around Watergate and specifically Spiro Agnew's outing as VP prior to Nixon resigning. It is fantastic and now incredibly topical as it covers much of what we've gone over in this thread as to the Constitutionality of removing and indicting an President/VP. I highly recommend it for all. I never knew exactly why Agnew was allowed to walk away as he did and always assumed it was his role in Watergate. Turns out he was taking bribes inside the Whitehouse and while he was a politician in Maryland. Crazy story that even broke new ground, including showing how George HW Bush, Nixon and others played an active role in the attempted obstruction of justice to try to get Agnew off the hook. History really repeats itself
a lot of the same folks sent iran-contra down the memory hole. it's almost like there is a pattern with the same folks doing the same stuff time and time again. and the same folks keep supporting them.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
a lot of the same folks sent iran-contra down the memory hole. it's almost like there is a pattern with the same folks doing the same stuff time and time again. and the same folks keep supporting them.
in the vein of Slugworth yelling "Slytherin did it's part" after the Battle of Hogwarts here is a bit from the podcast that I found really, really interesting (was that too nerdy?)

Upon his passing, one of his successors as U.S. Attorney in Maryland put out a public statement honoring the work that George Beall did throughout his career, but particularly focusing on this case.The statement said this: “George Beall was a legendary federal prosecutor, an exemplary public servant and a lawyer of unsurpassed integrity ... Although George Beall's family was politically active and Vice President Agnew was a member of Beall's own political party, Beall did not hesitate to pursue the case. His commitment to justice serves as an example to us all.”
That statement about one Republican having the courage to pursue another without hesitation, that was written by one of George Beall’s successors as Maryland U.S. Attorney… it was written by Rod Rosenstein, who is now Deputy Attorney General of the United States.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
The only thing I've seen was him suggesting Cohen's father-in-law be investigated. The whole bunch of them seem to be in league with the Russians, so I imagine the father-in-law has a dirty history he'd rather not be looked into.
There may have been a more blunt threat that I haven't seen.
Clear witness tampering, obstructing justice, and abuse of power.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Americans will need to tighten the seatbelts, getting rid of this treasonous disgrace in the White House is going to get ugly. As if it's not already.

But God knows what misery Trump has in store for the country.

Does anybody want guess what happens when Trump shows up to deliver his big speech even though Pelosi says no?

Telling Trump no is long overdue. But as he always says, if he throws an extended tantrum it will be the biggest and most dramatic tantrum every thrown in human history.
He has been hanging around Putin so much he even threatens people that speak out against him. We are in dangerous territory when a president is allowed to publicly threaten opposition.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Trump has no authority to usurp The Speaker’s power in Congress; I’m thinking his flunkies have told him as much.
He’s going to get Mitch to invite him to speak to the Senate, Mitch will invite the representatives and Trump’s only physically-present audience will be Republicans in Congress, and maybe half of SCOTUS.
I will permanently stop watching any network that televises such a circus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Yep - posted that in shutdown thread.
It’s a challenge keeping up with all this “winning” and the threads required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Another domino to fall, looks like they are closing in on the "big boys" and possibly girls.
Indeed - verbiage from the release on the arrest indicates he’s just the first of several.
Gotta buy more popcorn...[emoji897]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobstod

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Magnolia Springs, AL. USA
WAIT A MINUTE! Was this shutdown about the wall? Or was it secretly only about shutting down the FBI? The entire Justice Department? Did the Kommissar of Chaos see the Stone arrest coming and, knowing he couldn't get away with firing Mueller, make an end run and shut down Mueller's enforcement arm?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
WAIT A MINUTE! Was this shutdown about the wall? Or was it secretly only about shutting down the FBI? The entire Justice Department? Did the Kommissar of Chaos see the Stone arrest coming and, knowing he couldn't get away with firing Mueller, make an end run and shut down Mueller's enforcement arm?
Let me put it this way: Yes. Likely.

Did anyone think Space Force was a serious endeavor? Either than man is truly batpoo or the puppet butt of a practical joke. Perhaps these are not mutually exclusive, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.