The policy and politics of Trumpism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Didn’t HC lead in the polls, even on Election Day? I remember watching on election night, at the start many didn’t give Trump a chance and it turn comedic how shocked everyone was as the night progresses.

Just saying, I hope these polls are a good sign but, I won’t count Trump (and his blind idiot base) out until someone else hits 270 on election night.
Probably had something to do with the Bradley Effect. I don't think that is as much a factor now as Trumpsters aren't afraid to state their opinions today.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Until McConnell leads an uprising in the Senate against Trump :rolleye2::rolleye2: nothing he says or does has any consequences for him. The Dems cannot get on the same page and if they could they are pretty much toothless in dealing with this scourge.
McConnel's support was bought by Trump through putting his wife in the cabinet.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Didn’t HC lead in the polls, even on Election Day? I remember watching on election night, at the start many didn’t give Trump a chance and it turn comedic how shocked everyone was as the night progresses.

Just saying, I hope these polls are a good sign but, I won’t count Trump (and his blind idiot base) out until someone else hits 270 on election night.
That may be when our problems really start. I fully expect him to be the first US president not to give up power voluntarily. I expect him to declare the vote void, since it was achieved with votes by millions of illegal aliens (sound familiar?) and therefore, he's entitled to an extension of term in office. THEN, we'll have our genuine constitutional crisis...

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
That may be when our problems really start. I fully expect him to be the first US president not to give up power voluntarily. I expect him to declare the vote void, since it was achieved with votes by millions of illegal aliens (sound familiar?) and therefore, he's entitled to an extension of term in office. THEN, we'll have our genuine constitutional crisis...

I think he'll do this to some extent but I'm not sure he'll do it to stay in power. I could see him using it to boost some sort of Trump show or channel or something.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
this part doesn't worry me as much as the continued damage he and the republicans are doing to our government. i think he will try to act like you say, but i don't think it will matter. the seating of a new president is not reliant at all to his concession of the office, and once jan. 20, 2021 hits, if he didn't win the election, he stops being president no matter how much he protests. granted, based on what we see on a daily basis, that may not matter one whit.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
I just can't.
It's Friday. I wanted to give everyone a good laugh going into the weekend.

On a more somber note, there are a couple issues.

1. Newsweek shouldn't use tripe like this to show their ability to cover both sides of the issue. It makes them look like Pravda, primarily because there are enough knuckle draggers out there who won't realize what it means to be an opinion piece, or even worse, won't care, and think that Newsweek is finally speaking for them.
2. There are obviously people out there who believe like this. Every day I think "THIS has to be the day when people finally wake up!" Sadly that's not true. Maybe its confirmation bias in that most of the Trump defenders have left this board. Whether that's because they woke up and don't feel like eating crow, or they got tired of not operating in a bias bubble, I won't know. As an aside, I do wonder if NS Politics should just be renamed Trump Bashing because it almost feels like we have our own echo chamber here now.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It's Friday. I wanted to give everyone a good laugh going into the weekend.

On a more somber note, there are a couple issues.

1. Newsweek shouldn't use tripe like this to show their ability to cover both sides of the issue. It makes them look like Pravda, primarily because there are enough knuckle draggers out there who won't realize what it means to be an opinion piece, or even worse, won't care, and think that Newsweek is finally speaking for them.
2. There are obviously people out there who believe like this. Every day I think "THIS has to be the day when people finally wake up!" Sadly that's not true. Maybe its confirmation bias in that most of the Trump defenders have left this board. Whether that's because they woke up and don't feel like eating crow, or they got tired of not operating in a bias bubble, I won't know. As an aside, I do wonder if NS Politics should just be renamed Trump Bashing because it almost feels like we have our own echo chamber here now.
tbh, i've been thinking that since about 2 years into the w administration.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
this part doesn't worry me as much as the continued damage he and the republicans are doing to our government. i think he will try to act like you say, but i don't think it will matter. the seating of a new president is not reliant at all to his concession of the office, and once jan. 20, 2021 hits, if he didn't win the election, he stops being president no matter how much he protests. granted, based on what we see on a daily basis, that may not matter one whit.
I won't worry until he tries to call on the armed forces, which I don't think would work. Failing there, all he can do is fail to show up for the inauguration of the new president. That and try to do as much damage as possible between November and January...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I won't worry until he tries to call on the armed forces, which I don't think would work. Failing there, all he can do is fail to show up for the inauguration of the new president. That and try to do as much damage as possible between November and January...
yeah, the lame duck session, especially if they somehow lose the senate in addition to trump losing, will be a crap show

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Sarah Sanders To Leave White House At End of Month

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/448454-sarah-sanders-to-leave-white-house

I’m sure she’ll be missed.
If any of you follow al.com on Facebook, check out the editorial cartoon and article they posted about her resignation. After reading the comments, I needed to put on a sweater after seeing all the snowflakes out there upset others don’t share their opinion of the Dear Leader and the director of the Ministry of Truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If any of you follow al.com on Facebook, check out the editorial cartoon and article they posted about her resignation. After reading the comments, I needed to put on a sweater after seeing all the snowflakes out there upset others don’t share their opinion of the Dear Leader and the director of the Ministry of Truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well, we know what rubes she will be fleecing to provide that 7 figure salary spreading the lord's word

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
the purges have been announced and shall begin forthwith

Next week ICE will begin the process of removing the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the United States. They will be removed as fast as they come in. Mexico, using their strong immigration laws, is doing a very good job of stopping people…….— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 18, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.