Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Congress will NOT override said veto. If they pass, they will be under 60% in congress
A good number in of pundits are saying this is proof the Republicans are standing up to trump and there is no way they won't override. The apparent belief is that they are daring him to veto it so they finally have some way of distancing themselves from him.

However, I think this is just one more red line they are attempting to pretend has been drawn in the sand. A major issue, to me, is that 40% of the country truly believes that the whole Russia thing is a made up issue, and that if Congress is willing to pressure Trump, they should be thrown out. Which really makes me wonder what the Republicans stood to gain from voting for the sanctions.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Not concerned with what you or what you think people are or are not buying in regards to previous Presidents. Just stating factual evidence. By the way, in the first 11 days of February 2009, President Barack Obama made 3 stops on a tour in Indiana, Florida, and Virginia to promote the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. That is less than 3 weeks of his first inauguration.
Don't mean to crash the pity party. :)
You may be right about this but Obama is not an absolute idiot. I don't need a pity party to see that Trump is a loose screw that is melting down a little more each day. I pity his followers.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Which should make his critics happy since he's not actually doing any policy, right?

(Not referencing you but......as long as 'the loyal obstruction/opposition/resistance' continues to react to EVERYTHING, it's going to be harder to make ANYTHING actually stick. You folks are right that there's a Trump Cult, but some of you seem oblivious to the concurrent existence of an ANTI-Trump cult. The Trump can do no wrong crowd is no larger than the Trump can do no right crowd).

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Which should make his critics happy since he's not actually doing any policy, right?

(Not referencing you but......as long as 'the loyal obstruction/opposition/resistance' continues to react to EVERYTHING, it's going to be harder to make ANYTHING actually stick. You folks are right that there's a Trump Cult, but some of you seem oblivious to the concurrent existence of an ANTI-Trump cult. The Trump can do no wrong crowd is no larger than the Trump can do no right crowd).
as soon as I see Trump do something right I will be happy to note it. Please point out anything you feel noteworthy

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
You may be right about this but Obama is not an absolute idiot. I don't need a pity party to see that Trump is a loose screw that is melting down a little more each day. I pity his followers.
I don't think that Obama was an idiot, but I did strongly disagree with him on many things ideologically and thought that many of the things that he wanted or got instituted was wrong. I may think his beliefs are idiotic, but don't confuse that with me thinking he is an idiot because I do not. I also do not think that Trump has a screw loose or is an idiot. I see him as someone (probably a New York City thing and not a trait that I like or agree with) who craves not only the attention but the chance to get into the middle of a fight or be the one to start a fight. Man, you are the President of the United States, you will be talked about everyday and the fights will find you on their own.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
as soon as I see Trump do something right I will be happy to note it. Please point out anything you feel noteworthy
I think there was one thing, but I've been sitting here for five minutes trying to remember what it was. There's such a deluge of garbage spewed forth from the man that it's impossible to remember anything semi-decent or even tolerable he has done.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Now Trump's bullying Alaska based on the votes in the Senate.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-alaska-us-senator-obamacare-repeal-bill-healthcare-republican-vote-lisa-murkowski-a7862341.html

Ms Murkowski and Dan Sullivan, the other Republican senator for Alaska, allegedly received calls from the Department of the Interior warning them that the state’s future was now under consideration.
Pettiness isn't below him. That's for sure.

I'm not going to go into the details, but I fear that the strong economic growth, pro-energy, pro-mining, pro-jobs and personnel from Alaska who are part of those policies are going to stop,

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
This could be a good thing!

I have meant to post this for awhile. About a month ago Labor Sec. Acosta had a news conference to tout a private -to- private apprenticeship program for technical workers. Corporations would pair with educational institutions to train young people. Acosta said he had commitments from many CEOs for the program. Minimal federal dollars would be needed. Acosta said there a 6 million job openings in the technical fields and not nearly enough trained workers to meet the demand.

If this is actually going to happen I think it is a great idea. Germany has been doing this for years. Watch the speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXwesKoVbgs

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
This good be a good thing!

I have meant to post this for awhile. About a month ago Labor Sec. Acosta had a news conference to tout a private -to- private apprenticeship program for technical workers. Corporations would pair with educational institutions to train young people. Acosta said he had commitments from many CEOs for the program. Minimal federal dollars would be needed. Acosta said there a 6 million job openings in the technical fields and not nearly enough trained workers to meet the demand.

If this is actually going to happen I think it is a great idea. Germany has been doing this for years. Watch the speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXwesKoVbgs
that does indeed seem to be a good thing

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Transgender soldiers will continue to serve for a while at least.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/27/...170727&nl=breaking-news&nlid=57903598&ref=cta

In a letter to the military service chiefs, Gen. Joseph Dunford, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said that the policy on who is allowed to serve will not change until the White House sends the Defense Department a rules change and the secretary of defense issues new guidelines.

You mean a Trump Tweet doesn't have the force of law?:eek2: Will trump actually follow through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.