2017 Prospect: DT Aubrey Solomon

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
Pea, you got that on real reliable sources? Reason I ask is because Kirby`s far too savvy a recruiter not to take advantage of an opportunity to be the last coach in.
He did not make the visit yesterday, was scheduled to but cancelled. Saban was there this morning.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Does Saban have the last in-home? Or does Kirby?
Coach Saban is the closer. He will have a long, detailed and personal visit with the family and convince them or not that the Capstone is their best option. He will ask them point blank what they intend to do and either get a positive or negative indication. So I do not think it really matters who has the last visit and frankly, if Coach gets a positive indication, I suspect the Solomon Family will simply tell Kirby or whoever that there is no need for further visits as their minds are made up already. Regardless, everyday is a great day to be a Tide Fan!!!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Coach Saban is the closer. He will have a long, detailed and personal visit with the family and convince them or not that the Capstone is their best option. He will ask them point blank what they intend to do and either get a positive or negative indication. So I do not think it really matters who has the last visit and frankly, if Coach gets a positive indication, I suspect the Solomon Family will simply tell Kirby or whoever that there is no need for further visits as their minds are made up already. Regardless, everyday is a great day to be a Tide Fan!!!
Some of these kids do not know where they are going up to the time they announce on NSD. Coach has said in the past he did not know someone was going to commit until he heard them say Bama or put on a Bama hat on NSD. Seems Aubrey will go this route.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Some of these kids do not know where they are going up to the time they announce on NSD. Coach has said in the past he did not know someone was going to commit until he heard them say Bama or put on a Bama hat on NSD. Seems Aubrey will go this route.
In a case such as this, the school is obviously holding a spot. If the prospect chooses another school, I would assume that it`s too late, since it`s NSD, to fill that spot.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
In a case such as this, the school is obviously holding a spot. If the prospect chooses another school, I would assume that it`s too late, since it`s NSD, to fill that spot.
Very selfish on the kid's part because it affects other kids... :rolleyes:

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
Very selfish on the kid's part because it affects other kids... :rolleyes:
I don't think this one is being selfish, I just don't think him and his mom are completely sure where they want to go. I think they were after their official visit to Bama but Harbaugh's visit didn't hurt. This one is up in the air and down to two. Hopefully the closer will close the deal.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We are holding a spot. In many cases, they will tell Recruit B that Recruit A is deciding and if he goes somewhere else, Recruit B will have a spot. Now at this point Recruit B can wait to see what happens or go somewhere else. You may get Recruit A, Recruit B or neither. We typically get Recruit A so lets see what happens.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
We are holding a spot. In many cases, they will tell Recruit B that Recruit A is deciding and if he goes somewhere else, Recruit B will have a spot. Now at this point Recruit B can wait to see what happens or go somewhere else. You may get Recruit A, Recruit B or neither. We typically get Recruit A so lets see what happens.
Certainly this is common but I think recruit A & B both know that once the fun and games of recruiting are over that if you sign with Alabama your stars and your pecking order on signing day mean jack squat when you walk onto that practice field. Everyone starts on the bottom and earns their way. The ones we typically sign are those types that reslish the chance to accomplish something.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
This point is where I point to the kid's support group / advisers. I expect a kid to not recognize this....I expect adults to recognize it and guide the kid accordingly.
Correct, but this would presume the presence of such responsible individuals in a kid`s life. Unfortunately, in some instances, that is an erroneous presumption.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.