2017 Prospect: DT Aubrey Solomon

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
watch what you say....recruits read boards. my phone makes it hard to edit it i would some of your posts
Agree. Mine was intended as a general comment and not pointed at Aubrey. On the contrary, his mom seems very engaged in his welfare, to her credit and to his benefit. Unfortunately, foo many kids don`t have such guidance. That was my only point.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
At least narrow the list to a couple of schools so that others are less affected... :cool2:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Alabama knows the deal: If Solomon is good enough, the coaches will always make allowances for talent. If we didn't want him, we would have moved on. Besides, this will be one of the last times the player and his family will have any control of what happens. His life, his process.

At least narrow the list to a couple of schools so that others are less affected... :cool2:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Alabama knows the deal: If Solomon is good enough, the coaches will always make allowances for talent. If we didn't want him, we would have moved on. Besides, this will be one of the last times the player and his family will have any control of what happens. His life, his process.
Nice. I just get the feeling that when the dead period starts (which is what, Sunday?), Aubrey can sit down with his folks and really focus in on the decision. Coach saw them in home yesterday (any news BTW) and he will probably be all over TV this weekend at the Senior Bowl. I just get the feeling he elects to develop his skill and get an education in Tuscaloosa given that, chances are, the Tide will make their way to the playoffs probably three of the next four years. When it gets down to business 3-4 years in Tuscaloosa pays cash dividends in the League and lots of hardware in the trophy shelf.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
When I said "others", I was referring to other kids that are seeking a schollie but have to wait for the big dogs to decide before they know where things shake out for them. :cool2:

(Kids on the bubble so to speak and not necessarily with Alabama.)

Last edited:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
When I said "others", I was referring to other kids that are seeking a schollie but have to wait for the big dogs to decide before they know where things shake out for the. :cool2:
When you come down to it, that's not the kid's responsibility either. We can rest assured that Alabama has a plan for every eventuality since we're down to a relatively small number of highly recruited players weighing multiple offers.

As long as a kid is up front about his decision, he can pick his own time. School can bow out whenever it wants.

Tidal Surge

Scout Team
Dec 17, 2009
Ft Walton Beach
Some of these kids do not know where they are going up to the time they announce on NSD. Coach has said in the past he did not know someone was going to commit until he heard them say Bama or put on a Bama hat on NSD. Seems Aubrey will go this route.
Aubrey said he has already decided and that he will inform coaches about what he's decided this weekend.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Does anyone know for sure whether or not CNS was the last coach on an in home ?
Not sure but 247 indicates we had the last in home on the 26th. I suspect he has already informed the coaches his decision and subtleties of the next couple of days may reveal his choice. Here is hoping we get an AShawn type surprise on Wednesday.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
All the Solomon CB's going to Michigan. Tonight, even Bama Online guy. Looks like cat may have slipped out of the bag.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.