Game Thread: Official PreGame Thread Bama vs. UF - SECCG...

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Here's to a great victory, with no injuries.

Good luck, and Roll Tide!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
ROLL TIDE FROM WALT DISNEY WORLD! Magic Kingdom from us today and I hope Bama works some magic up in Atlanta! Roll Tide and good morning TideFans!
I was at WDW during the 2012 SECCG against Georgia. I followed the game, play by play, on my android while in line for, and then through, the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. I had to see it again another night because the game was so tight that I didn't even notice the show. (BTW, awesome show if you have not seen it.)

My son was leading me around by the arm, worried that I would run over people, I was so focused on my phone. Yeah, on that day, I was that guy. :biggrin:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Good morning, and ROLL TIDE!

We'll be watching from Jackson Hospital (hopefully a private room by game time!) Hubby had bypass surgery Thursday (went in expecting 3, came out having had 5.) He's doing really well so far! He was supposed to have been moved out if CVICU yesterday, but another patient bumped him. As disappointed as we were, after listening to her during my previous visits, I think it was a good thing because none of the patients or staff needed to listen to the nonstop LOUD moaning and yelling out. It was awful.

I have his lucky cap to take to him this morning, so he'll be good to go. ��
Thanks for updating his progress. Thoughts with you both. Roll Tide.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
Good morning everyone! Our last Alabama game day until New Years Eve. I'm going to enjoy it! Hope to see the Tide Roll Big today! RTR!

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014
Good Morning. Hoping for an injury-free game with the Tide putting it away early. Want the starters on the bench by the fourth so the back-ups get some valuable big game experience.

RTR!!!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Here's to a great victory, with no injuries.

Good luck, and Roll Tide!
I will be at the Youngstown State-Jacksonville State game today. If I run into Jim Tressel, I'll tell him hello for you. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I will be taking my Granddaughter to the Nutcracker ballet at 2 pm :eek: (gotta do what you gotta do!) - Y'all get them through the first half and I should be listening on Sirius XM soon thereafter.

RTR!!

I was at WDW during the 2012 SECCG against Georgia. I followed the game, play by play, on my android while in line for, and then through, the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. I had to see it again another night because the game was so tight that I didn't even notice the show. (BTW, awesome show if you have not seen it.)

My son was leading me around by the arm, worried that I would run over people, I was so focused on my phone. Yeah, on that day, I was that guy. :biggrin:
Hahaha It's gonna be one of those days then.

Side note: Guys, I have never heard more Roll Tides at Disney. As soon as we got here we went to Disney Springs and got a Roll Tide immediately. They were playing Sweet Home Alabama almost on repeat and you heard "ROLL TIDE ROLL" during song. Even at Splittsville, live music played Sweet Home Alabama and the lead gave the Roll Tide Roll! It's a beautiful thing. Makes you want to tear up.
https://youtu.be/sc2o1AiJx6E

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Ready but nervous...too much hype over Bama and how we will dominate this game. That always bothers me -- UF gives scholarships as well. But then, I am always nervous before and during a game. RTR!
I hear you, but you are hearing the fans and media but our team is hearing CNS. They've been focused all year. I think they'll be ready today!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Florida has the 104th ranked offense in the country (24.1 ppg) against an Alabama defense that only gives up 11.4. Florida gives up 14 ppg, but they've played some very anemic offenses to compile that number (UMass, LSU, S Carolina). They gave up 31 points to FSU....meaning they held them BELOW their 35 ppg average but still got blown out.

Alabama's offense averages 39.4 ppg, meaning even a repeat performance by Florida (from the FSU game) will net us around 30 points.

Here's some more fun for you:

LSU's longest drive was 40 yards.
UTC's longest drive was 50 yards.
Auburn's longest drive was 65 yards, but it came when they were already down, 27-9, and we were letting them use up clock and giving them yards.
MSU's longest drive was 49 yards, and it came when they were down, 44-3 (meaning it was against the 2nd or 3rd string).

ATM had TD drives of 75 and 80 yards.

Tennessee's longest drive was 49 yards and ended in a field goal. No other drive during the competitive phase of the game was longer than 15 yards (and most were under 11).

The last team to put up SEVERAL sustained drives and end them in TDs was Arkansas.

Kentucky had one 36-yard drive for a field goal and then a long 63-yard drive against the backups after trailing 34-3.

Kent's first drive was 54 yards and their only other sustained drive came when they were trailing, 48-0.

That brings us back to Ole Miss. The Rebs did have a long drive to start the game, but the rest of their scoring was lightning quick strikes - a 63-yard strike to Engram, a fumble by Hurts returned for TD, a 37-yard lightning bolt after the onsides kick.

WKU had two really good drives early. USC did nothing after the first quarter and a half.

What I'm saying is that since the Arkansas game, we're not only not letting teams score......we're not even letting them drive. TWO successful long TD drives since Arky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.