Game Thread: Clemson vs Virginia Tech (ABC)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
VT surging back but haven't really been able to get that "one more stop" any time they've started a push

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Clemson survives, again.
You won't like this but at least it forces the committee to make a decision. If Clemson lost, the committee gets bailed out and Bama, OSU, Penn St, and Washington make it by default. This way, they are forced to choose and prove to us why we still need a committee (we don't).

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You won't like this but at least it forces the committee to make a decision. If Clemson lost, the committee gets bailed out and Bama, OSU, Penn St, and Washington make it by default. This way, they are forced to choose and prove to us why we still need a committee (we don't).
I am also glad that we get this pressure applied to the committee.

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
Watching Clemson play just further scares me that I will not enjoy football in about 10 years. There is no such thing as offensive pass interference anymore. Watson is very good but a lot of his yards comes on a fling it up pass that will either A. be caught or B. Defensive pass interference. I hate arena football and I fear that is what the college game will look like in the future

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Both OSU and PSU have legitimate cases. Someone is getting screwed.
I don't feel that it would be getting screwed. We each had chances to do what Alabama did - go undefeated. We didn't. You lose, you leave it in the hands of other people.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
Watching Clemson play just further scares me that I will not enjoy football in about 10 years. There is no such thing as offensive pass interference anymore. Watson is very good but a lot of his yards comes on a fling it up pass that will either A. be caught or B. Defensive pass interference. I hate arena football and I fear that is what the college game will look like in the future
I agree. Half of his passes were chunk it and pray. Receivers got most of them or a PI call.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Clemson is comfortable in shootouts. They are basically a Big 12 team playing in the ACC.

Our defensive gameplan against them, assuming Clemson beats Ohio State and we beat whoever, is keeping Watson from rushing for over 50 yards. Do that, we win going away. If Watson rushes for over 100 yards, its going to be last year part two. Reason I say this, is because if we make Watson beat us with just his arm, this means they'll be making some mistakes in that process.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.