Bateman transferring

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
Alec Morris did the same thing last season and he was on the team through the playoffs and then went to North Texas. I assume Bateman will do the same.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Good luck to Cooper in his future endeavors. As far bashing him for being a quitter and leaving us in a lurch, why don't we wait until that actually happens before we organize a lynch party.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Sorry, you're more forgiving than I am - if he quits the team before the season is over, screw him.

You don't quit your team during the season.
Think this may be the first, lol, but I disagree with you. I hope he is able to stay but if he misses spring training, unless he goes to a team coached by LK, he has no shot at becoming the starter. I just can't hate on Bateman. If he were not a team guy he could have left before the first game when he saw he was no better than 3rd on the depth chart. He may believe, probably wrongly, that he still has a chance to make it to the next level. Coming out of high school he had a world of confidence in his ability, for what ever reason it just never happened for him here. I completely agreed with you on he who shall forever remain nameless, may his name be erased from all records, but I just can't feel the same for a guy who came out every week and just did what was asked of him. When the season started he thought the best he could achieve was holding the ball for the kicker and he still stuck it out.

I hope his next team does not take a hard line approach with him and lets him finish this thing out. Nothing in his character has shown me that he will not do everything he can to be there for this team. I think he is trying to secure his own future now, as misguided as that may be. He still believes in himself and that he can get to the next level.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
The high school I attended was in the same region as Fultondale while Ardarius was there. He was honorable mention All-State at quarterback. He could most definitely do a pretty good Jalen Hurts impersonation.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I would want to try to stay & get the ring that I'd put the work in for. You might would even get the chance to be the hero before it's all done.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Hell, do we even need an offense at this point? For a while during the seccgi didn't think we were going to score an offensive TD

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Was Saban a quitter for not coaching Michigan State in the 2000 Citrus Bowl?
If he left by his own choice, then yes.

Are you trying to trap me or something? I think I've made myself pretty clear - when a player or coach quits the team before the season ends, you're a quitter. Doesn't mean you're a dirtbag of a human or anything, but you quit the team. Plain and simple.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.