the new normal in the u.s.?

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Charmin, Reason magazine ( https://reason.com/ ) is unabashedly libertarian with a small "L". IMHO, it offers a very different perspective from either liberal or conservative sites and is a great place to get well-"reasoned" commentary on news, events, and issues without the name-calling and "tow the party line" crap you'll find in places with a conservative/liberal/republican/democrat POV. We who lean libertarian both agree and disagree with most everyone on the very same issue often times. You will at times be delighted with what you read and perhaps be challenged if you allow yourself. That has been my experience, anyway.
Reason was one I noticed to be omitted from the map. Thanks for the rec -- I'll add it.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I frequently read The Guardian and find it laughable that it sits astride the mainstream-skews-liberal dividing line. It clearly skews liberal much like Fox News clearly skews conservative.

In addition to Reason, I read The Hill from time to time. I find it mostly reasonable as well.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I got a few good recommendations here, and thanks for that.

New request: good political discussion podcats? From the moderate-to-liberal side, I would highly recommend The Weeds and the NPR Politics podcasts. What have you from the moderate-to-conservative side?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I got a few good recommendations here, and thanks for that.

New request: good political discussion podcats? From the moderate-to-liberal side, I would highly recommend The Weeds and the NPR Politics podcasts. What have you from the moderate-to-conservative side?
On the libertarian side, I have always enjoyed Cato Institute.
The Mises Institute is more stridently libertarian, but entertaining. Mises folks accuse Cato folks of being sell-outs, probably because they live in The Belly of the Beast.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.